Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 1c/2a hair

Type
    1c/F/i

Default 1c/2a hair

Had a look 'round, and didn't see any other threads for us 1c/2a'ers! How do you deal with your fickle, weather-sensitive, 1c/2a hair?

> Do you find it hard to decide whether to coax your hair into straightness, or waviness?
    > Do you have days where it's not straight (from dry weather) or wavy (from wet weather) but just a weird, flippy, twisty in-between ?
    > Are bangs a nightmare, because sometimes they hang straight, sometimes they curl weirdly, and sometimes they *insist* on flipping out like devils' horns, no matter what you do to them?
    > Do you have an arsenal of products (natural or conventional) to deal with your fickle, moody, changeable hair?
    If this sounds like you, come on in, and share!

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: 1c/2a hair

Well, there is the 2a F Support Thread, and I thought there was another 1c/2a group, but it isn't turning up in my search.

I don't have a ton of complaints with my hairtype, but part of that is because it's long enough now where I can and do wear it up most of the time. It doesn't matter much whether your hair wants to wave or be straight or just weird if it's bunned or braided. Also, refusing to have bangs eliminates the problems that wavies and curlies have with bangs. I don't remember whether mine were nightmarish or not, since I grew them out in 4th grade and won't consider going back, ever. I recall them sometimes having some weird waves in school pictures, though.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    2a/2b/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dropinthebucket View Post
    <snip>
    > Are bangs a nightmare, because sometimes they hang straight, sometimes they curl weirdly, and sometimes they *insist* on flipping out like devils' horns, no matter what you do to them?
    LOL! I am a 2a/2b, but I have the bangs you described. And, I almost NEVER get the same wurls and waves on one side of my bangs as I do the other.

What do I do about those errant bangs to rein them in? I wet them and reset them with my hands. And then an hour later they flip out "like devils' horns again. And then I give up. That is what I do!

Oh, yeah, one other thing I do more often than anything is pin them back and just avoid the problem. You can use pretty pins and combs to do that.

But, as much as I have complained about my long bangs just now, on some days they just settle in and look "perfect" and do me proud. Weird, huh. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Centaur; August 20th, 2010 at 10:28 AM.
    Avatar - pic of my hair taken June 2011

Length
    15"/~25"/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

These devil horns sounds familiar.......

Actually, I like them, they are sort of something special.

When I was younger I tried to hide them with lots of hair spray and a lot of different other things, nothing helped. Since i went natural, I think oil would help, but as soon as some sweat or rain comes around that help might be over again...

Edit:
    Honestly i think it's funny that my hair has its own mood. ;-)

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by dropinthebucket View Post
    Had a look 'round, and didn't see any other threads for us 1c/2a'ers! How do you deal with your fickle, weather-sensitive, 1c/2a hair?

> Do you find it hard to decide whether to coax your hair into straightness, or waviness?
    > Do you have days where it's not straight (from dry weather) or wavy (from wet weather) but just a weird, flippy, twisty in-between ?
    > Do you have an arsenal of products (natural or conventional) to deal with your fickle, moody, changeable hair?
    If this sounds like you, come on in, and share!
    I always comb my hair when wet to try and get it as straight as possible. It does wonderful clumping waves, BUT my hair is so thin it looks strange. So straight it is!

I had bangs cut in last summer for the first time in 20 years. Now I remember why, and the bangs are growing OUT!

What annoys me severely is that my hair is never really wavy (except at the beach, where it's gorgeous! One week a year I get pretty hair. ) And it's also never really straight. I used to have straight hair; it began changing when I was around 40. I wish it would be one or the other!

ETA: One of the questions was do you have days where it's a weird flippy in between? ALL my days are like that!!!
    Last edited by rags; August 20th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Here's a http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...roupid=191link for the 1c/2a group

Yes it can be a maddening type. Mine isn't straight enough for my liking and it isn't wavy enough to have the advantages of waves. I always have to do something to it to make it straighter or wavier. At shoulder to mid back length it had to be "done" every day in some way. At longer lengths it can be bunned or braided and be fine. But wearing it down takes some effort. I wish it was either 1a or in the 2b-c range. The grass is always greener isn't it?

I'm sure we had a thread on it before but it may be in the archives so you may want to take a look there.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Ah yes - I meant to say that too. I've worn mine up everyday this year, partially because it's so hard to get it looking nice down. It has to be curled if I want to wear it down, or it just doesn't look right. The only way I can wear it down and have it look halfway decent is to slather it with cones, which I don't like to do. My hair is baby fine, and the cones are enough to pull out most of the wave.

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

I also had side swept bangs cut this past June and they are growing out again. They are just too much work and don't want to cooperate!

My top canopy tends to be more straight then the under layers, so I get straight (blah) hair on top and then wavies and flips from the under layers. I decided not to fight it and went with a shag cut which works well with my "issues" and is less work. I style with heat though b/c I don't plan on growing any longer than BSL.
    (one amendment to heat is that I can wrap my hair at night when it's almost dry and not have to use a flat iron, if I want to go straight)
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11

Length
    1/5/20
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Hi!

I've read the description of the 1c/2a hair, and I think I'm blessed (...) with this type too, altough mine is very short now. (varies from 6-14 cms). Some parts of my hair are very straight, but it waves on the back, maybe because the shape of my head.
    Fortunately I managed to grow out my bangs, they were just as crazy as you wrote. They are now at my jawline, but my jaw is really really wide, so my hair simply turns back when it reaches it
    Its funny, because as it gets longer it tries harder and harder to stay on my jaw
    The weather is very dry now, but it doesn't have too much affect on my hair, I think.

Yes, I have tons of products, but I used them when I had an even shorter cut. I dont use anything for now, and I stopped blow-drying too, even tough my hair seemed to be straighter when I used it.
    I really dont know how my hair will look like in the future. Personally, I'm very afraid of this 1c-2a hair, I don't want to have just a big wave: when it's wavy, I'd like to have at least some nice snakes in it - not just a big fat one...

Sorry for the mistakes in the message

Length
    23/30/~35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Am I the only one who has no complaints about her 1c/2a hair?
    Sometimes it's straighter, sometimes very wavy, but I like both. It suits my mood swings