Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: 1c/2a hair

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: 1c/2a hair

Would say 2a as well Mine is 1c/2a smack dab in the middle. Here's examples of my waves.

CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out between waist and hip⋆

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Reviving this thread to share a texture tip I've recently realised. When squeezing the water out at the end of a wash, I always used try my very best to keep the hair perfectly straight and aligned - possibly the original reasoning (way back when) was to keep tangles at bay? Not sure. Anyway, now when I squeeze out the water I shake my hair slightly to get it to clump (and repeat with the squeezing as many times as necessary). I then put my hair up in a bun until I'm dressed and ready to let it down in the towel then to dry, and I think it does help the texture to start the entire drying process clumped rather than squeezed as straight as possible
    Growing back to definite-calf length with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    buzz/Hip/TBL+?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Reviving this thread to share a texture tip I've recently realised. When squeezing the water out at the end of a wash, I always used try my very best to keep the hair perfectly straight and aligned - possibly the original reasoning (way back when) was to keep tangles at bay? Not sure. Anyway, now when I squeeze out the water I shake my hair slightly to get it to clump (and repeat with the squeezing as many times as necessary). I then put my hair up in a bun until I'm dressed and ready to let it down in the towel then to dry, and I think it does help the texture to start the entire drying process clumped rather than squeezed as straight as possible
    Just to clarify, do you still squeeze it straight, rather than so it all gets bunched up in your hand? And then shake it out between each squeezing? This could potentially help my current minor tangling issue.

Length
    ??/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyponies View Post
    Just to clarify, do you still squeeze it straight, rather than so it all gets bunched up in your hand? And then shake it out between each squeezing? This could potentially help my current minor tangling issue.
    *Trying to think* I think the first pass is still dead straight to get the majority of the water out, then subsequent squeezes are with the clumps but still squeezing in a line down the ponytail, if that makes any sense.
    Growing back to definite-calf length with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.

Length
    0"/BSL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    That sounds like it might help the issue I've been having lately. Thank you!!!!

Length
    27/34/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I do the same of MusicalSpoons but I don't straight it, I remove the excess of water only by squeezing.
    BSL - WL - HIP LENGTH - TBL - CL
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    buzz/Hip/TBL+?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Not sure I exactly get what you guys mean, but Iíve just washed and used my approximation - and made some other minor changes too like using a jug instead of trying to bend into my bucket to wash my nape hair. So far so good

Length
    27/34/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Do you know how squish to condish works? (on youtube there are a lot of videos). I do that movement but gentler.
    BSL - WL - HIP LENGTH - TBL - CL
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    buzz/Hip/TBL+?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Do you know how squish to condish works? (on youtube there are a lot of videos). I do that movement but gentler.
    Thanks Bri-Chan. Iíve not looked at any of those vids since a long time, back when I didnít think it applied to me.

So thatís what Iíd call scrunching up the hair into the hand, rather than (I think) MusicalSpoons was squeezing it out still straight - like squeezing down the length while the hair remains hanging down?

Iíve been doing the ďstraight downĒ variety but kind of squishing the conditioner in in that way. Itís probably because Iím more thinking of hydrating and avoiding tangles than bringing out any wave - so itís all in one big clump and I go through with the tangle teezer then squish it up in one big clump into my hand and just hold it there a couple mins.

So maybe thereís still room for hydrating more this way by working in my conditioner application skills!

Last evening I washed and went to bed with a damp bun, this afternoon itís dry and we have this : Iím pretty happy with my progress so far.

I suspect Iíll need to find a lighter? Conditioner eventually. My hair is weird. And so very fine. Been using garnier hair food papaya and this time I put a pea sized bit for a leave in but maybe wrong or too much, leave in is another new thing to me.

Itís actually dry but looks wet. 100% not greasy or oily. (Also used faith in nature shampoo on scalp).

Please excuse large picture spam.

Length
    ??/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Whaaaaat waves galore!!! Incredible Tinyponies

As for the squeezing technique, yes that's exactly as you said, I squeeze down the ponytail. Successive squeezes (no pulling) but in a straight line, and after the first shake it's with the hair clumped within the ponytail rather than all one straight mass. (I wash upright and the weight of the water stretches the hair out dead straight until I've squeezed a fair bit of it out.)

I do like to preserve texture as far as possible and that includes not combing after I've washed it for as many days as possible, so this helps me achieve that - whereas scrunching I can only imagine would cause tangles for me. But as I wear it up all the time it's more about preserving texture to keep my hair happy, rather than how it looks or enhancing texture.