Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 4420

Thread: Knee and Beyond

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: The knee-length and beyond thread

Quote Originally Posted by Milkchocolate View Post
    On a random note, does fairytaling ends signify that I am finally reaching my “terminal length”? I never searched up the definition of that term lol
    I don't think it necessarily must mean that, no. Remember, gossamer had fairytaling going on for quite a while, and she reached beyond floor!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I agree with Lapushka!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Milkchocolate View Post
    On a random note, does fairytaling ends signify that I am finally reaching my “terminal length”? I never searched up the definition of that term lol
    Welcome to the thread! I would say it depends, because some fairytailing can be from damage or recovering from large sheds, but if those are not likely causes it probably means your hair's starting to think about terminal (as it were) - you might be nowhere near it yet, but the taper may continue as you grow longer as more individual hairs reach their terminal whilst the longest ones grow on.

I'm personally hoping that some of my taper/fairytailing is from years of suboptimal treatment - my hair wasn't abused but I didn't know how else to care for it - but a lot of it *is* probably from getting closer to terminal.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

So...I haven't been on this forum in more than a decade. When I joined, my hair was around mid-thigh (see my profile pic!), and I was SURE it was terminal length.

Um. So I made it to knee-length a few years ago, so apparently my hair WAS capable of longer. It's a bit past knee-length now, but it thins out very quickly past classic length.

If anyone cares, I do absolutely nothing nice for my hair: I use plain old Suave clarifying shampoo and cheapo conditioner that is chock full of dimethicone ('cause my hair actually ADORES it). I brush it almost every day...but not quite. What I DO do, that I suspect my hair really likes, is only wash it once per week. I also never blow dry it. I never color it. I never perm/straighten/iron/curl it. It's in a braid all day (otherwise it would eat passers-by), and it's loose all night (on a flannel pillowcase!). I like to think of my method of hair care as "benign neglect." It might not be the best, but it's worked for me for more than three decades, so yay!
    Last edited by Iskreth; July 19th, 2019 at 07:45 PM.

Account Closed by Member Request

I think that, the vital habits, when it comes to long hair are, not washing it too much, not using heat or dye and keep it contained... the rest are all details really...

For the record, another super long hair that adores silicones. We might be on to something...
    You should post some pics one of these days....

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Like I said, it's been a LONG while (11 years...ahem) since I was last on here, but at the time, everyone was talking about how horrible 'cones were, and I was always a bit uncomfortable about that. It's nice to know my hair isn't the only lover of the cones.

I would add one extra vital habit to your list: don't cut it. I know, silly, but when people ask me things like "how did you ever manage to grow it that long?" I have always, being a jerk, said "I don't cut it." Trite, but important, I think.

Account Closed by Member Request

I thought that to be obvious. Muahahah

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Hi Iskreth! Welcome back

I remember that time on LHC when there was a hype about cones are evil.
    I went off cones then LOL Oh the pressure. I just joined here then and was clueless. But my hair loved it.
    Now, I just recently started using cones again, just to see what my hair likes better

I would love to see your hair

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Iskreth View Post
    If anyone cares, I do absolutely nothing nice for my hair: I use plain old Suave clarifying shampoo and cheapo conditioner that is chock full of dimethicone ('cause my hair actually ADORES it). I brush it almost every day...but not quite. What I DO do, that I suspect my hair really likes, is only wash it once per week. I also never blow dry it. I never color it. I never perm/straighten/iron/curl it. It's in a braid all day (otherwise it would eat passers-by), and it's loose all night (on a flannel pillowcase!). I like to think of my method of hair care as "benign neglect." It might not be the best, but it's worked for me for more than three decades, so yay!
    I don't either, if that's what it means. BTW, there is nothing wrong with silicones or with sulfates, if that is what your hair requires and wants. I always say, it's about what your hair wants not about what you want for your hair. It is what keeps it happy that is the best for it.

Congrats on knee & beyond!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I'm going to throw one more potential factor into the great silicone/sulfate debate. What is the quality of your water? Is it hard or soft? Is it naturally soft or do you have a water softener? Having experienced all kinds of water qualities, I have found that it really affects how silicones/sulfates work with your hair.