Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing moles on the scalp

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Removing moles on the scalp

I have 3 moles on my scalp I really want gone... They're sticking out a lot and I keep catching them with a brush or my nails, and they feel icky when I touch them (please don't think that I think moles in general are icky, my body is covered in hundreds of all sizes and variations, but the ones on the scalp has a different texture and so they feel unpleasant). But I'm worried that I'll loose hair when they are cut away or while dealing with the wound afterwards. Has anyone here ever done it?

June 2018: Cut back to CBL, back to growing!

Length
    40.6/45.6/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Default Re: Removing moles on the scalp

It's been a couple of years ago since I removed a mole on the top of my head, because it often started to bleed when I brushed my hair and as it also was very close to my parting when parting it down the middle and looked a bit like a piece of a mini cauliflower and I didn't like when it showed through my hair.

So my doctor removed it, just numbed the area, shaved of a little of my hair and cut it out and I just needed a few stitches and for awhile I had a tuft of hair standing out as it was growing out.
    Today I have a small bald patch across the scar where my hair didn't grow back, but it's much smaller then the mole and I much prefer that to the mole as it was making me feel like a scary witch with a mole growing out of her head/hair. :P

I'm sure you can go somewhere and they can do a better job of it, not leaving as much of a scar as I have, but I am happy with having my mole gone.

If you want I can see if I can get a photo of what my bald patch looks like, I have never actually taken a proper look, just get a glimpse of it every once in awhile if I part my hair just the tiniest bit too much to the left.

Edit: I can add that it healed very quickly, didn't really hurt afterwards and it took about 6 months for my hair to grow out as much so it didn't stick out.
    Last edited by Rhodugune; April 18th, 2017 at 04:06 PM.
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f324/Rhodugune/2011-to-2016_zpsw3ftd2ko.jpg
    My hair, is my one weakness.

Length
    pixie/FTL+/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by PixieP View Post
    I have 3 moles on my scalp I really want gone... They're sticking out a lot and I keep catching them with a brush or my nails, and they feel icky when I touch them (please don't think that I think moles in general are icky, my body is covered in hundreds of all sizes and variations, but the ones on the scalp has a different texture and so they feel unpleasant). But I'm worried that I'll loose hair when they are cut away or while dealing with the wound afterwards. Has anyone here ever done it?
    Yes. It left me with a scar and a bald spot but it was well worth it to have it gone.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Ask your doctor about what they would have to do. It might just be a tag instead of a mole and might be easy to cut away from the scalp.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/Class/Dunno
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

I had something like a mole (around 0.8cm in diameter) on my scalp too, apparently I got it as a result of some virus. Anyway, it was fairy easy to remove it, and it left a bald patch with smooth skin. Glad to have it gone!

I should also add mine wasn't cut away but the doctor applied something to it that gradually made it dry up and fall off as a scab.

Length
    chin/waist/Hip

I had a subcutaneous cyst removed from my scalp some years back. Luckily the doctor said he could remove it without shaving any of my hair, he removed it with a scalpel and put in two stitches. I couldn't wash my hair until it healed (which drove me crazy) but it healed fine and didn't effect my hair growth. The doctor felt it was best to remove it because I kept scraping it when I combed or brushed my hair.

Length
    17”/19.5”/45”CL
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii/iii

I've had many moles removed due to melanoma. I have more I want removed sometime in the future.
    I don't notice where they were removed. He didn't shave any hair and just froze them and cut them out and cauerized them (which smelt awful). O hairwashing for 4 weeks was terible with my greasy scalp, but in my case I had to remove them.
    Stretched: NL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL - FTL

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/TBL/Term
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii/iii

I have a single large mole on the top of my head, had it as long as I can remember. I mostly fingercomb and sometimes BBB which doesn't bother it, but if I'm combing I have to be very careful. I sometimes wish it weren't there but I haven't been bothered by it enough yet to get it removed. It does look weird if my hair parts across it (which it normally doesn't).... it has no pigment or hair on it. When I had a buzz cut this was not a great thing.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Talk to a dermatologist. My husband had a nickel-sized area removed from his scalp right at the crown, when he got a small basal cell carcinoma. (That is, they didn't shave off a mole. They removed a whole chunk of scalp. He walked around looking surprised for a few days til the skin stretched.) Even though his hair is thin, the scar is downright hard to find.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    APL/MBL72/85cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I think it mostly depends on the size of skin being removed and the technique/experience of the person doing it. In general, dermatologists (especially if trained in plastics) will be able to retain as much hair as humanly possible! It's quite amazing, actually. But moles are no fun, I really feel for you. Whenever I catch one of my skin tags it's quite painful and it's so unpleasant it gives me chills. Should definitely see someone about lasering mine off...
    Lady Maple
    Mistress of the
    Red-Leaf Glade in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HIP