Page 323 of 331 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3308

Thread: The knee-length and beyond thread

Length
    MTL/67/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: The knee-length and beyond thread

Indeed, I am now set in just replacing the TT with another thick and curly one. About loosing texture, my texture lasts for one day because after putting it up and bunning it is replaced with braid waves. I only comb and detangle after washing once a week so, if my hair was shorter and I wore it loose it would last longer, combing just poufs it out. I think the thinner and more spaced the teeth, the less it will interfere with the texture, probably...
    "We are like roses that have never bothered to bloom when we should have bloomed and it is as if the sun has become disgusted with the waiting"

Length
    33/50/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I have the TT thick & curly and also the TT wet, and their bristles seem exactly the same. I like the TT wet better because it has a nice handle that makes it easier to hold. But they both work really well for me.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    Indeed, I am now set in just replacing the TT with another thick and curly one. About loosing texture, my texture lasts for one day because after putting it up and bunning it is replaced with braid waves. I only comb and detangle after washing once a week so, if my hair was shorter and I wore it loose it would last longer, combing just poufs it out. I think the thinner and more spaced the teeth, the less it will interfere with the texture, probably...
    I have the exact same issue which is why I detangle once a week, on wash day as well. It works for me.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Is it static poofing?

Mess loves static, and I am inclined to let him play with it because it is generally a little hilarious. But, all shenanigans aside, I generally brush my dry hair with wet hands (water or oil depending on imminent bath situations) to prevent static. The whole house humidity helps a ton too but sometimes a mess has to fly when he wants to fly.

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

^ I assume it's texture poofing, a.k.a. why curlies don't brush their hair, and why wavies/wurlies probably shouldn't very often

I'm not concerned with visual texture so much because there's barely any for me anyway, but there was a discussion a while ago on another thread about it being better for the hair to keep the clumps rather than constantly breaking them up (by brushing/combing). Worth trying, anyway, to see if it keeps my hair happier
    Growing back to calf with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    MTL/67/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    ^ I assume it's texture poofing, a.k.a. why curlies don't brush their hair, and why wavies/wurlies probably shouldn't very often

I'm not concerned with visual texture so much because there's barely any for me anyway, but there was a discussion a while ago on another thread about it being better for the hair to keep the clumps rather than constantly breaking them up (by brushing/combing). Worth trying, anyway, to see if it keeps my hair happier
    You're exactly right. I know breaking the clumps is what still gives me breakage and splits. However, i do need to, in order to bun it. So yeah.

Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    You're exactly right. I know breaking the clumps is what still gives me breakage and splits. However, i do need to, in order to bun it. So yeah.
    I don't think there's any way of detangling without breaking clumps - and I guess there is a difference between breaking curls/wurls into smaller clumps and separating everything completely. In my barely-wavy hair the clumps are all fairly small to start with (the width of my little finger, pretty much).

The comb arrived today and it practically glided through it did still break up some clumps of course, but much less throughly than my wooden WT comb. Comparison of the two:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/27RJ1vhHFuHkx1VY6

I'd love to try something even wider spaced like this: https://www.hairsense.com/product/wi...bone-comb-215/ but the postage would cost more than the comb, plus it's a want rather than a need anyway.

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Suddenly I am less envious of all the beautiful waves and curls. As a stick straight no wave on nothing, nothing stays hair person for all these years I cannot imagine. You are all way more strong than I am in your hair goals.

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

well the latest development is that I've discovered the comb has a seam which completely defeats the object of buying that particular brand not sure what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeshami View Post
    Suddenly I am less envious of all the beautiful waves and curls. As a stick straight no wave on nothing, nothing stays hair person for all these years I cannot imagine. You are all way more strong than I am in your hair goals.
    I agree - if my hair were much more work due to texture (or thickness, actually) I may very well not have got this far.

Length
    MTL/67/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

I got my sageman yesterday and let's just say i am not impressed. I don't see the big difference between that and the cheap conair i have.. doesn't even seem seamless... if i find a madora with thin and close together teeth, that's what I'll buy in the future. Bleh Hercules...