I decided to be happy. Henrietta's Avatar
    Length
    27.6/44.0/44.0
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The knee-length and beyond thread

Quote Originally Posted by eternallyverdan View Post
    So close, and yet so far!

This is from a little more than a month ago, so I should be getting pretty darn close by now! It was at knee this spring, but I took off 3-4 inches to even up the hem. I'll join this thread soon enough-- just you wait, my pretties! *evil cackle*
    4-5 weeks and you will be there, if this picture was taken a month ago!
    Here is my ISO post. I'm looking for the Opal (copper) and Abital Flexis (XL), a small (12.5 cm) SenzaLimiti KPO, and a 3-prong CrockettMountainWoodworks acrylic fork

Length
    35/54/Knee?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Ingalls View Post
    I will have more to say on this once I can up load some more pictures. I never really thought too much about how I comb, I just kinda adapted as it got longer. For a while I would finger part down the middle and then comb the halves separately and then out them back together. But, more recently (about a year ago) I decided I was tired of the center part, and I started to comb it as one entity.

My four step method for combing longer hair:

1. I start at the scalp and comb (with my elbow up in the air) to just past my shoulders.

2. I tip my head back and comb from just below my shoulders down to waist (max of just past classic).

3. At this point I bring my hair to the side/front under my arm, not over my the shoulder.

4. I hold my hair (ponytail style) above where I am actually combing, lifting the ends to a more accessible location. I do find that I usually bend over somewhat during this step.

Bringing it to the front:

Combing those hard to reach ends:

That is the general method I use when combing my hair. However it must be noted that I adapt this order somewhat depending of the nature of the tangles on a given day.

Oh, and here is a picture of my little sister Grace Ingalls, she belongs in this thread, doesn't have an account here right now.

Thanks to Angela Rose for these pictures from a recent meet.
    *wow*You and your sister have very beautiful hair.

The hair from your more sister is so beautifully wavy.

I think it am very similar from Empress Elisabeth of Austria.

It reminds me of hair from Elisabeth on this painting.

Quelle:http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20070327122418

Account Closed by Member Request

Wow! What an inspirational thread! What gorgeous hair! One day........

Length
    Chin/29'''/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I've been knee length for a year or so now. I really need to get another picture as I've been maintaining and my ends are thickening!

Right now, I don't see myself going past knee length. I find when my hair crosses the middle of my knees, it suddenly becomes very, very challenging to reach the ends for proper combing, or for part to braid. So every few months I have new growth trimmed off which leaves me about 1" above knee length.

Lady Sunrise of the Prairie

Length
    2/54/54

Mine is around 3 inches below my knee!

Length
    14-16/58/N/A
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I'm pretty sure I'm part of this group or at least an inch or less away.

Here's the latest pic of me. My hair is in a braid, so it is shorter, but I think you can tell it's down there:

BTW, I don't usually have my hair tied up like that, but it was a special occasion and it was my first time doing it.

As far as combing goes, I usually part my hair in to and bring them to the front. Then I pick up my ends as needed to comb it through. If I angle myself the right way, I can also usually get the whole length too.

Length
    ??/47"/ankle
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Whijun View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm part of this group or at least an inch or less away.

Here's the latest pic of me. My hair is in a braid, so it is shorter, but I think you can tell it's down there:

BTW, I don't usually have my hair tied up like that, but it was a special occasion and it was my first time doing it.

As far as combing goes, I usually part my hair in to and bring them to the front. Then I pick up my ends as needed to comb it through. If I angle myself the right way, I can also usually get the whole length too.

Your hair looks like it would be at knee length to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Ingalls View Post
    I will have more to say on this once I can up load some more pictures. I never really thought too much about how I comb, I just kinda adapted as it got longer. For a while I would finger part down the middle and then comb the halves separately and then out them back together. But, more recently (about a year ago) I decided I was tired of the center part, and I started to comb it as one entity.

My four step method for combing longer hair:

1. I start at the scalp and comb (with my elbow up in the air) to just past my shoulders.

2. I tip my head back and comb from just below my shoulders down to waist (max of just past classic).

3. At this point I bring my hair to the side/front under my arm, not over my the shoulder.

4. I hold my hair (ponytail style) above where I am actually combing, lifting the ends to a more accessible location. I do find that I usually bend over somewhat during this step.

Bringing it to the front:

Combing those hard to reach ends:

That is the general method I use when combing my hair. However it must be noted that I adapt this order somewhat depending of the nature of the tangles on a given day.

Oh, and here is a picture of my little sister Grace Ingalls, she belongs in this thread, doesn't have an account here right now.

Thanks to Angela Rose for these pictures from a recent meet.

Here I go again! Beautiful, just simply beautiful.
    Last edited by Gumball; September 17th, 2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Combined posts. See http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43281 for details.

Lady Warrior Dyfends God and Castle In The Order of The Long Haired Knights
    Loyal Member of the Renegrays with an epic horse tail created with 47" hair.

Type
    2a/M/iii

The other day, a woman came up to me and said the usual, "wow! you have really long hair!" (for which i thanked her, as always) but then she said, "I do too....how do you braid it?" I told her I pulled it over my shoulder...isn't that the only way to do it? But no, what she does is, as soon as she reaches the nape of her neck, she flips it over her head and braids down in front of her...between the eyes, as it were. She says it makes the braid straighter, without that annoying kink that can happen from pulling it over the shoulder.
    Does anyone else do this? what do you think of it?
    I tried it and it works quite well... I'm considering being a crossed-eye hair braider for life!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnafindel View Post
    The other day, a woman came up to me and said the usual, "wow! you have really long hair!" (for which i thanked her, as always) but then she said, "I do too....how do you braid it?" I told her I pulled it over my shoulder...isn't that the only way to do it? But no, what she does is, as soon as she reaches the nape of her neck, she flips it over her head and braids down in front of her...between the eyes, as it were. She says it makes the braid straighter, without that annoying kink that can happen from pulling it over the shoulder.
    I tried it and it works quite well... I'm considering being a crossed-eye hair braider for life!
    Interesting idea. I get my braids kink or twist free even when I pull it in front of my shoulder to keep braiding, I just make sure not to twist the braid when I do the switch

Length
    23/50/56
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Talking Re: The knee-length and beyond thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnafindel View Post
    I'm only at classic now (I was checking out this thread for a little hair inspiration ) but this is honestly the easiest way for me to get a nice, straight braid.
    I start it snug, go a little past the nape, flip it over and keep braiding. The only tricky part for me, is to be sure and not braid so close to the top of the head as to snag any hairs off the top - can be a messy result.
    I'm one of those people who can never get the braid straight if I pull it over my shoulder, so if anyone else is like me, this might be worth a try.