Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Worst Hair Decision

Length
    buzz/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Your Worst Hair Decision

Using hendigo! I used a brown from Light Mountain that I got from the natural food store and I'm still growing it out! Ugh.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

The one issue that triggered my years of dye abuse' was when I was 16, I had dyed my almost APL hair blue black, I loved it, my mother didn't it was too dark for her liking so she got me an ash blond and we put it in my hair, you can imagine I had some epic hot roots.

We hopped in the car to go to the shop and half way there she was like we could just cut it off, I wasn't actively growing my hair at this stage and I felt bad (even though it was her own fault) making her spend more money on dye or how short I'd have had to go so I said ok

I SHOULD HAVE SAID NO!

I've never been able to grow long hair or stop dye ever since

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    The one issue that triggered my years of dye abuse' was when I was 16, I had dyed my almost APL hair blue black, I loved it, my mother didn't it was too dark for her liking so she got me an ash blond and we put it in my hair, you can imagine I had some epic hot roots.

We hopped in the car to go to the shop and half way there she was like we could just cut it off, I wasn't actively growing my hair at this stage and I felt bad (even though it was her own fault) making her spend more money on dye or how short I'd have had to go so I said ok

I SHOULD HAVE SAID NO!

I've never been able to grow long hair or stop dye ever since
    Awe, that's really tough! As a mother myself I know that sometimes our best intentions to care for our children can go amiss. Still, it's never good to pressure someone over something that should really be their own personal choice! I hope she has realized her mistake and apologized to you.

You are in control now and I am hoping to see you realize your goal in your hair growth journey. I can see that you are really trying to work past your hair dye issues and I believe that you will succeed!

At age 14 I took a pair of kitchen scissors and cut off all my hair and dyed it brown. It might also be the best hair decision I ever made, because it only made me determined to grow my hair long. It also made me realise how much time it takes to grow hair.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I've always been pretty tame when it comes to hair experiments. About 4 or 5 years ago, a hairdresser cut me layers with a razor knife. It looked great when he blow dried it, but I wasn't able to repeat that look at home, so my hemline just looked super scraggly.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Trying to "train" my straight hair to be less oily (unsuccessfully) for 2 years. Resulted in hair loss, dandruff and A LOT of grease...

Dying my hair a very unflattering dark brown/red colour and then using dye remover in an attempt to get it back to normal. This completely fried my normally bullet proof hair. It took forever to grow out the damage but thankfully I cut off the final bit of fried ends last year.

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I thought layers would make my thin-ass hair look thicker. Boy was I wrong

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    I thought layers would make my thin-ass hair look thicker. Boy was I wrong
    On i/ii hair? Nope. My mom is that thickness and has a blunt cut between shoulder & APL. She wears it in a peacock twist all day every day, but layers always were a no for her too, ever since her hair started getting thinner (she is currently 75).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Doing the black henna thing. Impossible to remove, my natural hair is way too light. And the growing out period will take forever. Also it goes hand in hand with cut, there is no other way to remove it. So with one stupid decision I will have another consequence I did not anticipate. I figured it will washout a little, but no....
    Growing virgin hip length