• Cut

726 38.33%
  • Other (please specify)

202 10.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Worst Hair Decision

Default Your Worst Hair Decision

A thread about the WORST choice you have ever made (hair-wise) and why. Just for people contemplating these things, take a look here first - you might be surprised that most things don't turn out at you hoped!

Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Default Re: Your Worst Hair Decision

I had to say perm and cut - the perm was when I was in second or third grade and was my mom's choice (back when I didn't own my hair...) I looked like a poodle threw up on my head.

And in high school I got angry with the rats nest that is my hair and chopped it from hip to chin length... I forgot to take into account the fact that, when short, my hair has so much bounce to it that it's ridiculous. Not only did I have that flipped out curl at the ends (think... what was it, 50s or 60s? I know you can see it in some black and white sitcoms, but I can't remember which ones), but there was just nothing to weigh it down and it was awful. God, I couldn't WAIT for that one to grow out.

Length
    23/27/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Layers and harsh colouring for me, im still growing out those mistakes

Account Closed by Member Request

The worst decision I made was brainwashing myself into getting my hair cut into an undercut bob when I was twelve years old. Before that, it was somewhere between tailbone and classic length. I miss my hair.

The next worst thing was getting my hair permed. I looked like a Hobbit, which isn't terribly helpful if you are very petite like I am and often get mistaken for a 10-year-old. Ugh. The perm totally ruined my hair and I couldn't even get a comb through it... in the shower... slathered in conditioner.... Oh, and did I mention the curly fringe?

Length
    25.60/33.29/35.45
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

20 years ago (as everybody) a made a perm, but 3 days after my hair began to break all over and 7 days after the perm I cut it 2 inch long!

Length
    chin/apl/waist
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

For me it was the first time I high lighted, which is a never ending journey once you start, subsequent damage which then lead to me getting my hair cut into a Bob.
    Follow my grey grow out adventure and hair care blog at http://www.lifeinsliver.com

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Several years ago, I got my hair cut in what was supposed to be an armpit-length lioness shag. What I got, however, was a just-past-shoulder-length mullet. It was hilarious, in the most horrifying way possible.

I will never cut my hair again. Ever.

Length
    Jaw/Waist/??
    Type
    1b/1c/C/iii

layers They take forever to grow out and the stylists always cut them too short for me to cope with.

Length
    14.5/TB/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

For me, it was bleaching out black dye, then getting the same hair chemically straightened a few months later. Talk about some scary splits...they were traveling up to my ears! Fortunately, all that hair was cut off long ago!

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

having my hair dyed black as a young teen. I wasn't interested in the maintenance and ended up growing out the demarcation line for aaages
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!