• Other (please specify)

202 10.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Worst Hair Decision

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Your Worst Hair Decision

A thread about the WORST choice you have ever made (hair-wise) and why. Just for people contemplating these things, take a look here first - you might be surprised that most things don't turn out at you hoped!

Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Default Re: Your Worst Hair Decision

I had to say perm and cut - the perm was when I was in second or third grade and was my mom's choice (back when I didn't own my hair...) I looked like a poodle threw up on my head.

And in high school I got angry with the rats nest that is my hair and chopped it from hip to chin length... I forgot to take into account the fact that, when short, my hair has so much bounce to it that it's ridiculous. Not only did I have that flipped out curl at the ends (think... what was it, 50s or 60s? I know you can see it in some black and white sitcoms, but I can't remember which ones), but there was just nothing to weigh it down and it was awful. God, I couldn't WAIT for that one to grow out.

Length
    23/27/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Layers and harsh colouring for me, im still growing out those mistakes

Length
    12/20/30
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Long time since I made one now. But have learned not to trust each and every stylist!

Account Closed by Member Request

The worst decision I made was brainwashing myself into getting my hair cut into an undercut bob when I was twelve years old. Before that, it was somewhere between tailbone and classic length. I miss my hair.

The next worst thing was getting my hair permed. I looked like a Hobbit, which isn't terribly helpful if you are very petite like I am and often get mistaken for a 10-year-old. Ugh. The perm totally ruined my hair and I couldn't even get a comb through it... in the shower... slathered in conditioner.... Oh, and did I mention the curly fringe?

Length
    25.60/33.29/35.45
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

20 years ago (as everybody) a made a perm, but 3 days after my hair began to break all over and 7 days after the perm I cut it 2 inch long!

Length
    chin/apl/waist
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

For me it was the first time I high lighted, which is a never ending journey once you start, subsequent damage which then lead to me getting my hair cut into a Bob.
    Follow my grey grow out adventure and hair care blog at http://www.lifeinsliver.com

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Blond Unicorn View Post
    20 years ago (as everybody) a made a perm, but 3 days after my hair began to break all over and 7 days after the perm I cut it 2 inch long!
    The same thing happened to me!
    And, even after the cut, my hair looked horrible, and I had to cut it all off again, few weeks later!

Better late than never !

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I said layers. About 11 years ago I spazzed out of my mind and wanted Jennifer Anniston layers. Stupid stupid stupid. It was horrible. I suppose it could have been just a bad layered cut. It was so much more work than my longer, one length hair. It took me about 3 years to get back fairly decent one length mid back hair. The other awful thing were 2 perms in the 80s. They completely fried and messed up my hair. But back then everyone had fried permed hair so I looked like everyone else. I've never tried henna but I'm sure if I had, that would have been my biggest disaster.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Several years ago, I got my hair cut in what was supposed to be an armpit-length lioness shag. What I got, however, was a just-past-shoulder-length mullet. It was hilarious, in the most horrifying way possible.

I will never cut my hair again. Ever.