Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Worst Hair Decision

Length
    28/44/40
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Your Worst Hair Decision

Perm and a drastic from hip to shoulder cut for "convenience" during swim lessons in school.

Lady Leeloo Minai, Keeper of the Fifth Key, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a-M-iiCL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-ClassicDrop by drop fills the tub” - Proverb

Length
    SL/Calf/FL
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

A few years ago, I got side bangs because I thought they looked cute on my friends. I liked them when I got them, but looking back, they really weren't that attractive. Also, the now grown-out bangs are only BSL while the rest of my hair is almost classic. It's kind of bothersome.

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Allowing my aunt near my head with scissors when I was 9. Mullet, anyone? She wanted to do a Farrah Fawcett haircut on a 9-year-old 20 years after that cut was cool. I had to be threatened to get me to go to school after that, and I wouldn't go anywhere else until it had grown out.

Allowing my mom to come with me to get a "trim" in college, where she bribed the stylist to cut 6" and layer my hair with a razor. My bsl hair went to shoulder, was limp, and I hated it.

The Sun-In disaster of middle school. The bangs of high school, and my most recent Bleach Fiasco of 2011, which my hair has thankfully recovered form.
    Lady Vrindi of the Shining Sea of Waves of the order of the Long Haired Knights!
    www.theravenandthelotus.com

Length
    NA/NA/NA

Getting a perm over dyed hair that had bleach in it. The salon didn't ask and I didn't know to tell. The ends of my hair were disintegrating and the rest was breaking off. So glad I don't have to fight with my hair anymore and now work with it instead of against it.

Length
    CBL/BSL/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Highlights with bleach. Never ever in a million years again. As if I didn't learn the first time I did it again. Cutting too much off believing it would grow faster. Silly me.

{APL♥ BSL♥ MBL ♥ Waist ♥ Hip ♥ TBL ♥ Classic}

Length
    27/39/55
    Type
    1b/C/iii

I suffered from hair dye addiction as a teen. It started at about 12 and lasted until I was 16. I started strawberry blonde, then went to blonde. When I was about 13, I went black(which turned blue), and kept dying my hair black. I used cheap box dye which only lasted about a month before seriously fading I had golden roots so I had to keep those dyed as well. Instead of just getting root touchups I simply dyed my entire head black almost every month/month and a half. My hair was frizzy and frazzled all the time. There were no products that could help me and a lot of them just made it even worse. Boys at school used to always make fun of me and call me "horse pubes". To top that off I also debated back and forth on going blonde and bleached my black hair with the strongest hair bleach I could find, turning it orange. I then bleached it again to turn it to neon yellow (which was blonde for me). I didn't like it so I dyed it back black. I probably did this maybe 2-3 times over those 4 years. I was always so ashamed of the condition my hair was it but fifnt want to stop dying it, I frequently had to get the ends cut off. My hair had never grown past breast length. When I was 16 I decided again to go from black to blonde. The first time I dyed it (with the strongest bleach), it turned ginger. I then dyed it again 2 nights later with platinum blonde hair dye. I woke up the next morning and felt my hair was still wet, and slimy feeling. I went and looked in my mirror and saw that parts of my hair no longer actually looked like hair. They were just this slimy,gel-like stuff. I ended up rinsing it again and having to cut most of those parts out. It looked SO BAD. I dyed it dark brown a couple weeks later just to get rid of it. That was the end for me. I've been clean and sober for about 3 years now. But I'm still battling what ends are left from that.

My hair absolutely cannot and should not be permed. I permed it twice in my life. The first time I was 3, and it turned out like this for about a year:

Second time I was in college because I wanted this:

It turned out like the first pic for about a day, where I sobbed my eyes out because I thought it's going to stay like that and I'm done for! (The hair dresser kept the chemicals in for an extra 15 minutes too because I told her my hair doesn't hold curls.) Next day when I woke up my hair was straight again. The curls did not hold at all. Crisis adverted I guess, but I never tried to perm my hair again.

Length
    BSL/Hip/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Getting a perm! I used to have very straight hair, and always wanted curly hair. Once i got it permed, i ended up flat ironing it every day! So silly, i regret wastting so much time and energy on that.

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Years and years of short cuts because I was told by hairdressers my hair wouldn't look good long. And the worst thing was dying my hair a lighter blonde every month for 6 years (all full head). Now I'm currently growing it all out.

Dyeing, sigh. From natural black hair to medium golden-brown. The thing is, I was told by everyone it looked good on me. And I agreed. Then of course, my hair grew, and you realise that once it starts, dyeing doesn't end because you have to touch-up your roots to maintain the colour. After a few of these touch-ups, I had heavier shedding and the texture of my hair just became crisp. Heartbreaking, I tell you. Now I'm in the process of growing out my natural hair again. Will probably take 1-2 years to completely get rid of the dyed part.