Thread: The CWC (condition-wash-condition) official thread

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The CWC (condition-wash-condition) official thread

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Yeah, maybe I should put an annotation there, in the first post?
    Really? I'd have thought if people try it out and it's too much for their hair, they'd just ... stop doing it
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Yesterday I got sidetracked after I put on the first conditioner (aloe hair food mask) following an overnight oiling. I left it on my hair for about two hours. I left the second conditioner sit for 15 minutes as well and today my hair is incredibly smooth.

Length
    16/24/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Its wash day and my ends looked a bit dry so I thought I would try CWC. I used Maui Moisture Shea Butter (the pink one) on the last couple of inches of my hair. Followed by a shampoo bar to wash my scalp. Rinsed. ACV rinsed. Then finished with Innersense Pure Inspiration Daily Conditioner in the ends only. Followed by a final cold water rinse.

My ends are soft. But the extra conditioner has noticeably pulled the wave out of my hair. I don't mind as I usually wear it up anyways. But thought it is worth noting.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    4/30.5/38
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Tried this method for the first time this week. Normally I had been just doing a prepoo oil and then shampoo/conditioner but over this past year my hair has lost about half it's thickness and I am desperately trying to find ways to preserve what I have.

I used Aquableu Lavendar Vanilla Conditioner for both and the Lavendar Vanilla Shampoo as well. My hair feels super soft, and although I still have tons of frizz/flyaways I think some of that is baby hairs growing back in.

I am currently between waist and hip, 2c/3a.

Length
    17/34/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I've been OCWC for awhile now and it has really helped my dry ends. I do a heavy oiling and sleep on it, then lightly spray my hair with water and use a deep conditioner (usually SMT) and put a cap on it for a couple of hours if I have the time. Then I rinse, shampoo and condition and my hair is shiny and smooth for a few days. My hair fall has finally started slowing down and hopefully I'll start growing again soon. This is the longest stall I've ever experienced...
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    16/24/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I think I'm pretty much sold on this. Its the second time I've done it and Im really happy with how my hair feels.

I use to do a heavy oiling before washing. But my hair is easily weighed down by oil, so I had to be careful to make sure I had washed it out.

I like using conditioner to protect my ends instead as its designed to rinse out with little fuss!

Also its a great way to use up conditioner that's Im not 100% happy with.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    Waist/TB/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    I think I'm pretty much sold on this. Its the second time I've done it and Im really happy with how my hair feels.

I use to do a heavy oiling before washing. But my hair is easily weighed down by oil, so I had to be careful to make sure I had washed it out.

I like using conditioner to protect my ends instead as its designed to rinse out with little fuss!

Also its a great way to use up conditioner that's Im not 100% happy with.
    I have done heavy oiling followed by CWC for a while now.... and with heavy, I mean HEAVY. I really drench my hair in oil, root to tips. I was so sceptical to trying CWC with oiled hair because I thought I'd have to shampoo to get it out. Was quite shocked that the conditioner actually did a much better job removing the oil from my hair. With shampoo it was kind of a hit and miss if my hair still had oil in it or not (unless I used a deep cleansing shampoo...). Do you still oil before CWC?

I oil and then CWC once a week, with a clarifying wash on all of my hair whenever I feel that it's needed. Perhaps once every one and a half month or so.

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I used to oil my hair heavily, but then switched to CWC (CWWCC to be precise ). At first out of laziness, then I wanted to push it to see how long it would take for my hair to start a riot. It's been two years, and my hair is healthier than it was with oils. Sooooooo... yeah.
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

Length
    Waist/TB/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    I used to oil my hair heavily, but then switched to CWC (CWWCC to be precise ). At first out of laziness, then I wanted to push it to see how long it would take for my hair to start a riot. It's been two years, and my hair is healthier than it was with oils. Sooooooo... yeah.

If you don't mind, is there a reason you stopped oiling and didn't just oil before cwc? Curious, since I am always oiling my hair beforehand...

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    If you don't mind, is there a reason you stopped oiling and didn't just oil before cwc? Curious, since I am always oiling my hair beforehand...
    I had been oiling my hair for over a decade at that point, and to be honest, I got sick of it. At first I thought there would be no harm in skipping the oil a couple of times, then I saw that it made no difference and decided to wait and see when my hair would start asking for a good oil soak again. It never did. I started to apply conditioner to my lengths because shampooing "naked" hair felt strange (I do use harsh sulfates and my ends need protection). Honestly, I couldn't be happier, my routine is now much more simple and just as effective.

For the record: I did try tweaking my CWWCC and getting rid of some letters, nope, my hair protested. So CWWCC it is, as much as I hate spending a full hour in the shower.
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018