Page 1562 of 1599 FirstFirst ... 5621062146215121552156015611562156315641572 ... LastLast
Results 15,611 to 15,620 of 15983

Thread: Midback | Waist

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Default Re: MBL to waist

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
    Thanks for the greeting, Vara La Fey! Yep, if I just let my hair hang down in my face, then I can see out (though if I bunch enough of my hair together with my fingers, then I can make it thick enough not to be able to see through)! And good tips on the hair length documentation!
    Mine was especially hard to see out of when I was keeping it dark and was growing out bangs. Now it's long enough that its own weight sort of keeps it where I put it.

I'll do my next set of length pix in a month, I suppose. I seem to have the Fall Slow-down, so it hasn't grown much since my last set of pics. I'm going for just below the beltline (top of butt length, which is a bit longer than hip-length on me), but I'm not even to waist yet. I'm a tall t-girl, 6'2", so mbl-waist/butt is a loooong slow journey. My hair has never even been quite to my waist, so anyone's guess if it'll even get there. But at least now I've learned how to take decent care of it, so I don't lose any length to decay like I used to.

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

So it looks like I’m graduating threads!

Using the method prescribed in the OP’s mod note, MBL is directly under the word "EVENT" on the shirt I'm wearing.

Stretched, I'm definitely there and then some.

I’m hoping to be at waist in about a year, so we shall see. I’m planning on a trim to even up my natural layers by the end of next year, which may prolong my journey to hip, but I think a small trim will be overdue by that point. I’m already at 2 years since my last trim and a little over 2.5 years since I had a cut to a #3 side fade to an inch of length on top.

So glad to be here!

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Does a WO routine mean water-only hair cleaning? Someone in an old thread said they weren't shedding as much after starting that. I shed like crazy all the time (tho not like those 2 days a few weeks ago!), and I have made no back-length progress in two months. The front/sides are longer though. I use a gentle Herbal Essences sulfate-free shampoo, and I don't scrub my scalp too much, but I still shed especially heavily on shampoo days.

Is there anything which can lessen the shedding? I'm not going bald, but not reaching WL either. And I don't even want WL, I want bottom-of-beltline length. Whatever that's called.

Shouldn't there be a diagram somewhere? Maybe I should make us one.

EDIT: Stupid wording! Grrr!
    Last edited by Vara La Fey; September 20th, 2022 at 08:53 PM.

Length
    CBL/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Vara La Fey View Post
    Is there anything which can lessen the shedding? I'm not going bald, but not reaching WL either. And I don't even want WL, I want bottom-of-beltline length. Whatever that's called.
    isnt that just hip? also shedding during washing is inevitable, i always brush thoroughly right before i get in the shower and that cuts down on it a lot especially since my shed hairs can get tangled in my length.
    anywho, i think im just about ready to graduate to this thread! heres the length pic i just took im really happy with the length so far and i cant wait for waist!!
    edit: holy crap i dont know why its so big if anyone knows how to fix this let me know i guess... maybe i should resize the pictures when i put them on my computer?

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    isnt that just hip? also shedding during washing is inevitable, i always brush thoroughly right before i get in the shower and that cuts down on it a lot especially since my shed hairs can get tangled in my length.
    anywho, i think im just about ready to graduate to this thread! heres the length pic i just took im really happy with the length so far and i cant wait for waist!!
    edit: holy crap i dont know why its so big if anyone knows how to fix this let me know i guess... maybe i should resize the pictures when i put them on my computer?
    Yes, what I'm going for is Hip. I know because I saw it on the chart that I made. :-)

I don't even know how you embedded your pic directly into the post. (I don't think it's ever me do that. Maybe I'm still too new around here.) Anyway, you can quickly resize in the built-in DOSdows Paint program. I'd suggest not changing your camera res over it though, unless you're doing a pile of pics which need a specific size/res.

Your hair is beautiful, and it looks BSL to me. You're way past CBL and 3-4" past APL.

Length
    CBL/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Yes, what I'm going for is Hip. I know because I saw it on the chart that I made. :-)

I don't even know how you embedded your pic directly into the post. (I don't think it's ever me do that. Maybe I'm still too new around here.) Anyway, you can quickly resize in the built-in DOSdows Paint program. I'd suggest not changing your camera res over it though, unless you're doing a pile of pics which need a specific size/res.

Your hair is beautiful, and it looks BSL to me. You're way past CBL and 3-4" past APL.
    i go to my profile and in the tabs at the top theres one that says pictures, i upload it there and then you can take that link and embed it into your posts! also my armpit is higher than youd think i just measured and my hair is actually 6 inches below which is where a bra would sit on me.

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    i go to my profile and in the tabs at the top theres one that says pictures, i upload it there and then you can take that link and embed it into your posts! also my armpit is higher than youd think i just measured and my hair is actually 6 inches below which is where a bra would sit on me.
    Guess I was a bit off there. Anyway, you're well on your way to Waist.

I'd forgotten that Pictures window. Thanks.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

I can finally join this thread! My hair is now below the bottom of my bra band. I’m estimating hitting waist next spring.

So excited to be here!

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Mystery View Post
    I can finally join this thread! My hair is now below the bottom of my bra band. I’m estimating hitting waist next spring.
    So excited to be here!
    YAY that!!

Length
    24/30/46
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hi and welcome. You can find a lot of tips here, and I know that I've learned a lot (I'm kinda new here too, only 2-3 mo).

For strong "healthy" hair, I've had wonderful results with coconut oil. Just slather it on, at least from neck down, and leave it overnight. (We call this a mask.) Shampoo with something gentle, and don't use heat for anything. I used to get horrible breakage, and since I've masked once a week, I almost never see breakage or splits anymore. I do shed, though, which I don't know how to stop if there even is a way.
    Thanks for the welcome! I think my hair is similar to yours. Question about a coconut mask overnight: Do you wrap your hair in a bonnet, or braid/bun? Is there a way to protect your pillow? I appreciate the tips! Shortly after joining this forum a couple months ago, I switched to sulphate-free (gentle) shampoo, and eliminated heat from my life!