Page 1556 of 1557 FirstFirst ... 55610561456150615461554155515561557 LastLast
Results 15,551 to 15,560 of 15565

Thread: MBL to waist

Length
    Neck/MBL/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: MBL to waist

Is "MBL to waist" ready for a new member (and not just an "associate member")? Here's a pic from today from the back...of course, note I let my front yard vegetation grow even longer than my hair, ha ha!

I did make sure to tuck my shirt in for a good reference point (otherwise, the hair looks shorter with the shirt extending lower in back--perspective matters)!

Next stop--waist-length hair (and I'm excited to reach that point, even though I'm guessing that won't happen until maybe in late 2023).
    Last edited by Brandt; August 16th, 2022 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
    Is "MBL to waist" ready for a new member (and not just an "associate member")? Here's a pic from today from the back...of course, note I let my front yard vegetation grow even longer than my hair, ha ha!

I did make sure to tuck my shirt in for a good reference point (otherwise, the hair looks shorter with the shirt extending lower in back--perspective matters)!

Next stop--waist-length hair (and I'm excited to reach that point, even though I'm guessing that won't happen until maybe in late 2023).
    Of course, welcome here! There's always room for someone new . I really like the shiny, golden tones in your hair.

As for me, I've finally decided what to do with my layers: I like them most of the time, so I won't completely get rid of them. But I feel that they're too short for my liking. So at the end of September I will trim a bit, but only the hemline. And after that I will trim every 3-4 months (either only the hemline or all of my hair) until I am satisfied with how it looks. Though I feel like one trim of about 2 cm will do the job and I'll like it then, but I want to have a plan for every scenario . I will not go shorter than MBL, this is a length that I'm comfortable at, but it will take me a while longer to reach WL. But that's ok, since I like to wear my hair down a few days a week, and for me it's really important that I like how it looks when it's down.

No trimming - July August September
    Starting point: 60 cm/23.6 in

Length
    Neck/MBL/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post
    Of course, welcome here! There's always room for someone new . I really like the shiny, golden tones in your hair.

As for me, I've finally decided what to do with my layers: I like them most of the time, so I won't completely get rid of them. But I feel that they're too short for my liking. So at the end of September I will trim a bit, but only the hemline. And after that I will trim every 3-4 months (either only the hemline or all of my hair) until I am satisfied with how it looks. Though I feel like one trim of about 2 cm will do the job and I'll like it then, but I want to have a plan for every scenario . I will not go shorter than MBL, this is a length that I'm comfortable at, but it will take me a while longer to reach WL. But that's ok, since I like to wear my hair down a few days a week, and for me it's really important that I like how it looks when it's down.
    Thanks, Diana! I like being at least MBL in back and definitely would not want to go shorter than that in the future. Of course, in front, that's not as convenient, though with fine light hair, if it does get into my face, I can usually still see out (hmmm...wonder how well people who have coarse dark hair covering their face would be able to see out?). I agree with wanting to wear the hair down--I very much prefer showing the full hair length with the hair being down (which I do most of the time).

Sun-angle is important in the appearance of color as well--late-day pictures when (due to differences in atmospheric refraction of the sunlight within the light spectrum) there is more red light reaching us at the earth's surface, my hair definitely takes more of a gold (or even almost red) color--which I like! (Though note I don't have the MC1R gene--but yet there's been a slight hint of red in my hair, especially when younger.) It will look more blonde/dirty blonde with a higher sun angle.

Length
    24/30/46
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hi MBL LHCers! I’m new to the forum and this is a thread I want to join! I’ve been at MBL for what feels like ages. I’m kinda tall (5’9”) so it feels like a long journey from MBL to waist, but I’m going for it! My plan is to search and destroy only, no trims for the next several months. I’ll be on the lookout for tips on how to keep my hair hydrated, moisturized and healthy. Looking forward to being on this journey with you all!

Length
    22/28/37
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal101 View Post
    Hi MBL LHCers! I’m new to the forum and this is a thread I want to join! I’ve been at MBL for what feels like ages. I’m kinda tall (5’9”) so it feels like a long journey from MBL to waist, but I’m going for it! My plan is to search and destroy only, no trims for the next several months. I’ll be on the lookout for tips on how to keep my hair hydrated, moisturized and healthy. Looking forward to being on this journey with you all!
    Hi and welcome. You can find a lot of tips here, and I know that I've learned a lot (I'm kinda new here too, only 2-3 mo).

For strong "healthy" hair, I've had wonderful results with coconut oil. Just slather it on, at least from neck down, and leave it overnight. (We call this a mask.) Shampoo with something gentle, and don't use heat for anything. I used to get horrible breakage, and since I've masked once a week, I almost never see breakage or splits anymore. I do shed, though, which I don't know how to stop if there even is a way.

Length
    22/28/37
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Hey, I forgot to welcome you. Sorry. Uh.... welcome to LHC!

Length pix are a new thing for me, and I did my first set a couple months back. Yes, tuck the shirt. It also helps if you wear a shirt with a pattern on the back that lets you measure progress. I didn't think of that in my first pix, so on my next ones (probably seasonally) I will do pix with the same blouse, and immediately another set wearing a blouse which has a horizontal pattern. Those same-minute pix will be a rosetta stone for each other, and from then on I will just use my horizontal blouse. And it will be my hair-coloring blouse too, so no need to ruin another one.

My hair is coarse (but thin - few hairs per sq in). Somewhere you mentioned seeing out of it. Not easy for me, so I tie it back a lot, or tie the top section into a pony tail. I use really soft hair ties which hold surprisingly well.

Length
    Neck/MBL/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Vara La Fey View Post
    Hey, I forgot to welcome you. Sorry. Uh.... welcome to LHC!

Length pix are a new thing for me, and I did my first set a couple months back. Yes, tuck the shirt. It also helps if you wear a shirt with a pattern on the back that lets you measure progress. I didn't think of that in my first pix, so on my next ones (probably seasonally) I will do pix with the same blouse, and immediately another set wearing a blouse which has a horizontal pattern. Those same-minute pix will be a rosetta stone for each other, and from then on I will just use my horizontal blouse. And it will be my hair-coloring blouse too, so no need to ruin another one.

My hair is coarse (but thin - few hairs per sq in). Somewhere you mentioned seeing out of it. Not easy for me, so I tie it back a lot, or tie the top section into a pony tail. I use really soft hair ties which hold surprisingly well.
    Thanks for the greeting, Vara La Fey! Yep, if I just let my hair hang down in my face, then I can see out (though if I bunch enough of my hair together with my fingers, then I can make it thick enough not to be able to see through)! And good tips on the hair length documentation!

Length
    22/28/37
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Thanks for the greeting, Vara La Fey! Yep, if I just let my hair hang down in my face, then I can see out (though if I bunch enough of my hair together with my fingers, then I can make it thick enough not to be able to see through)! And good tips on the hair length documentation!
    Mine was especially hard to see out of when I was keeping it dark and was growing out bangs. Now it's long enough that its own weight sort of keeps it where I put it.

I'll do my next set of length pix in a month, I suppose. I seem to have the Fall Slow-down, so it hasn't grown much since my last set of pics. I'm going for just below the beltline (top of butt length, which is a bit longer than hip-length on me), but I'm not even to waist yet. I'm a tall t-girl, 6'2", so mbl-waist/butt is a loooong slow journey. My hair has never even been quite to my waist, so anyone's guess if it'll even get there. But at least now I've learned how to take decent care of it, so I don't lose any length to decay like I used to.

Length
    Short/MBL/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

So it looks like Iím graduating threads!

Using the method prescribed in the OPís mod note, MBL is directly under the word "EVENT" on the shirt I'm wearing.

Stretched, I'm definitely there and then some.

Iím hoping to be at waist in about a year, so we shall see. Iím planning on a trim to even up my natural layers by the end of next year, which may prolong my journey to hip, but I think a small trim will be overdue by that point. Iím already at 2 years since my last trim and a little over 2.5 years since I had a cut to a #3 side fade to an inch of length on top.

So glad to be here!

Length
    22/28/37
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Does a WO routine mean water-only hair cleaning? Someone in an old thread said they weren't shedding as much after starting that. I shed like crazy all the time (tho not like those 2 days a few weeks ago!), and I have made no back-length progress in two months. The front/sides are longer though. I use a gentle Herbal Essences sulfate-free shampoo, and I don't scrub my scalp too much, but I still shed especially heavily on shampoo days.

Is there anything which can lessen the shedding? I'm not going bald, but not reaching WL either. And I don't even want WL, I want bottom-of-beltline length. Whatever that's called.

Shouldn't there be a diagram somewhere? Maybe I should make us one.

EDIT: Stupid wording! Grrr!
    Last edited by Vara La Fey; September 20th, 2022 at 08:53 PM.