Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My hair is driving me crazy!

Length
    0 ''/26.5"/.....

Post My hair is driving me crazy!

I have baby fine blondish hair with silver and grey and white on top. My hem is what you guys refer to as faerietale, very thin, but I have a curl right down the back of my head the draws the hair up do it looks like I have a "V" in the middle which I will call a mermaids tail.I don't know what to do about that mermaid tail, should I "trim" a few inches off the rest to make it the same length or what? I'm afraid that if I cut it the same growth pattern will occur. Also, all of a sudden my hair seems to be shedding and feeling thinnish even when using aloe vera gel, is this normal? I'm feeling dumb here....

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/tbone
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: My hair is driving me crazy!

Trimming is a maintenance thing. I wouldn't expect to trim off the long bits once and have my ends stay even from that point on. If it bothers you, trim the tips of the mermaid tail once every 3 or 4 or 6 or 12 months - whatever it takes to make you happy with your ends.

Length
    0 ''/26.5"/.....

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Trimming is a maintenance thing. I wouldn't expect to trim off the long bits once and have my ends stay even from that point on. If it bothers you, trim the tips of the mermaid tail once every 3 or 4 or 6 or 12 months - whatever it takes to make you happy with your ends.
    this was a while ago, do you see the curl and the fin? It is worse now.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/tbone
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Yes. Well, not really a curl, more a wavy spot in this photo. I think that yes, I would get it trimmed up a bit - no more than about 1/2-inch every 4-6 months - just to thicken the ends. Not much you can do about the natural texture pulling the middle up, though. When you wear it down, you can pull the sides back so that you've got sort of a cascading effect down the back.

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I agree with what Spidermom said. It also isn't as dramatic of a 'fin' as I was anticipating, so I think a small trim would be all you need.

In terms of your natural texture, are you sure your hair isn't wavier than you think? Maybe that one curl is trying to tell you something!

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau

Length
    0 ''/26.5"/.....

Quote Originally Posted by melikai View Post
    I agree with what Spidermom said. It also isn't as dramatic of a 'fin' as I was anticipating, so I think a small trim would be all you need.

In terms of your natural texture, are you sure your hair isn't wavier than you think? Maybe that one curl is trying to tell you something!
    I let my hair dry naturally so why the other waves don't hit the shore is beyond me.

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

It looks like you may have more waves than just the one, like another roll above and to the right of the largest one. Perhaps some experiments with curly methods would be fun?

Length
    waist/TB/long

If I were you I would trim two inches off, doing it while the hair is dry, and not pulling down on that wave pattern at all. Just have a friend snip straight across. This should improve the hemline a lot, and give an overall prettier look to your hair.

If you trim as people usually do, combing the hair down straight, you will likely just maintain the inverted V shape.

Length
    0 ''/26.5"/.....

I love aloe vera but I am thinking maybe I am using too much on my hair, I didn't use it yesterday and the ends didn't look quite so fairytale but it did look flat.

Length
    0 ''/26.5"/.....

Quote Originally Posted by SpinDance View Post
    It looks like you may have more waves than just the one, like another roll above and to the right of the largest one. Perhaps some experiments with curly methods would be fun?

Curly methods? Like what? Years ago I use to scrunch the hair and every once in a while I will use a curling iron to make a curly hem.