Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *sigh* hating my hair right now

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default *sigh* hating my hair right now

Its getting incredibly thin. The curl is getting looser and looser and its just getting worse.

I feel so so so ashamed of my hair, every time I take it down or wash it...its makes me burst into tears and my self confidence is taking a huge knock right now.

I am about his close to shaving the lot off!

Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: *sigh* hating my hair right now

How is your general health. I ask because the thinning may be caused by illness, espcially low iron and zinc levels

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I feel the same often. But now I can see some improvement because I trim every month and my ends are getting thicker. I'm a bit disappointed that I have no growth but I'm not that ashamed when I'm wearing it down. Maybe you should try trimming half an inch or so. It can make a huge difference!
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I hope it gets better for you !

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Perhaps it's time to put it up with some pretty/sparkley barettes or pins/sticks/forks/hairties and not look at it for a while? That generally makes me feel better when I'm having one of those weeks/months.

And yes, how is your health doing? Overall health effects hair health and stressing over hair health effects overall health... it's a vicious cycle.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I agree, definitely check out your physical health and any other changes. Even different eating habits can effect hair. Also your stress level (in general).

If that's all good take a look at the weather and humidity in your local area. Maybe you have to change tactics for the different season for your hair to look it's best.

Have you tried switching up products? Maybe clarifying could help? Or a small trim or dusting? What about a fun temporary color like Manic Panic?

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

thank you for the responses guys. I have stopped crying now .

In general my health is ok. This is my 2nd year completly free of anorexia and my diet is better than ever. I take a multi vitamin nearly everyday, and exercise often. I do however, dont sleep as much as I should about 7 or 8 hours a night due to my working patterns.

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

Have you tried switching up products? Maybe clarifying could help? Or a small trim or dusting? What about a fun temporary color like Manic Panic?
    Switching condisdhes made it worse...but my dneamn is defiatly helping!!....maybe it is time for a new shade of manic panic

Everything is going to be okay! Don't take it out on your hair, pretend like it is a garden of flowers and you just need a little more fertilizer / watering : )

You are allowed to have a rough stint like this, you don't have to have gorgeous hair all the time. It's a project, remember?

Best of luck!

Length
    12/52/Term
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

One of the things my mother's stylist pointed out to me when I told her I didn't know why my hair grew as long or as thick as it does, was my diet. I eat a lot of fatty fish (Salmon, tuna, and trout) which are rich in Omega-3s and a lot of gelatin (I come from a very ethnic family, so headcheese and bone-based broths are a staple in my house). I have a very slow metabolism, unfortunately, and fish is easiest for my body to process without turning it into fat stores.

If you're not a fan of fish, there are a lot of really good odorless fish oil capsules out there, and hair/nails/skin supplements too. Jell-O is also a good source of gelatin too!

Best of luck to ya!