Page 1488 of 1617 FirstFirst ... 48898813881438147814861487148814891490149815381588 ... LastLast
Results 14,871 to 14,880 of 16164

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonMurphella View Post
    I hope so!
    Same Here! The trick is finding the darkest black, that isn't blue or green based but that is a problem to figure out in the future

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

My hair has grown enough that I'm starting to see little curls poke out from the back and above my ears.

Looks like my very bottom nape hair has turned a nice silver so thats a plus.

Length
    chin/SL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I am so proud of how well my hair looks and feels now, compared to 5 months ago. I've been consistent with my hair care routine and stopped using heat styling tools (with very few exceptions), doing the CWCC method (my hair was as dry as the desert before) and trimming my ends myself (but only 0.5-1cm and way less then what I did before. No wonder my hair was remaining so short). And thanks to everybody's kind comments, I actually grew to like my unnintentional ombre look. The first 6 months of growing virgin hair were the hardest because of the harsh demarcation line between the dyed and virgin parts - but after this period ended, I can say that nothing beats virgin hair softness (at least for my hair). I don't have to do anything special to that part of hair, it already looks smooth and shiny.

I never thought that damaged hair with so many split ends could end up looking smooth with just proper care. I am glad I didn't shave my head to start from scratch. This forum made it possible .

July

November
    Last edited by ioanaxena; November 25th, 2020 at 06:49 AM.
    No trimming
    1 2 3 4 5 6

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

ioanaxena, your hair looks so healthy and shiny!! And the ombre effect could well have been professionally-made, it looks like a very smooth transition
    Neck / SL / APL / BSL / WL+ / HL / BCL / TBL!
    Dye-free since Dec 2018.
    2021 plan: grow & trim - get rid of layers & reach hip-BCL.

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

ioanaxena, it looks great! The ends too look so soft!

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Wow looks amazing! You are the one that inspired me to get rid of layers, looks so sleek, of course my hair type is different but having hair one Length is much easier for milestone checks

Length
    chin/SL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Amenahh View Post
    ioanaxena, your hair looks so healthy and shiny!! And the ombre effect could well have been professionally-made, it looks like a very smooth transition
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    ioanaxena, it looks great! The ends too look so soft!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Wow looks amazing! You are the one that inspired me to get rid of layers, looks so sleek, of course my hair type is different but having hair one Length is much easier for milestone checks
    Thank you so much! Your words are very kind .

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Really lovely, ioanaxena!

I'm at 1 year and 8.5 months right now. My colour is not at all like that, though; I'm not sure why I always look like a redhead in my living room.

Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Wow Ylva, it's incredible! Seems so soft and shiny.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Last time I dyed my hair was Dec 2018, so I guess I'm celebrating 2 years without dye!
    I've had a very long history with dyeing my hair everything from black to ginger and anything in between (including chemical dyes, deposit dyes, henna, and hendigo), so it feels like an achievement. I finally like my own hair colour.

Edit: to be fair, growing out was easy for me, there's no clear demarcation line, because the last hair dye was a purple black which faded to a reddish brown, slightly lighter and warmer than my own hair colour. I still have that hair dye, and I probably have some henna in my ends too, though it's not noticeable anymore.
    Last edited by Amenahh; December 1st, 2020 at 01:46 AM.
    Neck / SL / APL / BSL / WL+ / HL / BCL / TBL!
    Dye-free since Dec 2018.
    2021 plan: grow & trim - get rid of layers & reach hip-BCL.