Page 1460 of 1464 FirstFirst ... 46096013601410145014581459146014611462 ... LastLast
Results 14,591 to 14,600 of 14640

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    Thanks! But now I saw my refelction going into work and thought about how I actually like the color I have.. UGH the indecision 🙃 I like how natural henna is and I want to use the strengthening properties but I wish the commitment wasn't so huge.
    I think cassia also has strengthening effect but with no color change. You could look into it.

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLionne View Post
    That's awesome, Stray_mind!

When I joined LHC last year, I read this entire thread from page 1...

Your progress pictures in this thread were the final push to quit dyeing my hair. It was so helpful to see the different stages of growing out dye and made the journey seem far less daunting. So happy to hear that you still enjoy your natural colour, I think it looks wonderful on you!

My plan is to slowly trim away the dye as well. A big chop will probably be really tempting when my virgin hair reaches my shoulders. Hopefully I'll be able to remember that I prefer the length over the colour, as long as it's still in decent condition.
    Thank you!
    I am very happy that i could inspire some people. Growing out is tough, especially first few months.

My hair color now is actually pretty different from how it was a few years earlier and that's probably the only reason i like it more. And i also got a compliment from my hair dresser. She said a lot of ladies come in and ask her to dye their hair my color. It was a great encouragement to keep growing out.

I like all the different tones and shades you get in your natural hair, no dyes can replicate that.

Length
    Short/NQSL/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    Thanks! But now I saw my refelction going into work and thought about how I actually like the color I have.. UGH the indecision 🙃 I like how natural henna is and I want to use the strengthening properties but I wish the commitment wasn't so huge.
    Keep your natrual hair. Henna is a commitment it's almost impossible to get out

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Thank you!
    I am very happy that i could inspire some people. Growing out is tough, especially first few months.

My hair color now is actually pretty different from how it was a few years earlier and that's probably the only reason i like it more. And i also got a compliment from my hair dresser. She said a lot of ladies come in and ask her to dye their hair my color. It was a great encouragement to keep growing out.

I like all the different tones and shades you get in your natural hair, no dyes can replicate that.
    That is very true, and also one of the reasons I have grown to like my ashy tone. It looks one solid block of color, but it isn't, and it especially shows in the sunshine. Love that!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    short/hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I made double buns, and the picture really shows how the henna grow-out is going. Some strands at the top are growing slower I think and so I have red random strands that don't fit into updoes. Most of my fringe is dark blond now.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Keep your natrual hair. Henna is a commitment it's almost impossible to get out
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    I think cassia also has strengthening effect but with no color change. You could look into it.
    Honestly, thank you guys. I think I'm deciding off henna for good. When I have damage I'm just so finicky about it; I usually chop it off without a care about how short it'll leave my hair, but I'm obviously trying to keep my length so I wanted to do something with it. Whew. I had no idea it would be so hard to just leave my hair the heck alone.

If I do decide to do something besides sit on my hands I'll order cassia, and only apply to the damaged parts. I have amla and fenugreek in my arsenal currently, so I'll use that sparingly and just hop on over to the benign neglect thread and take notes .

Length
    Pixie/1"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

How do you all make it through the first 6 months? I just found a old splat bleach kit and immediately put a soap cap on my head.
    Letting the sparkles grow

After six years, I think I'm finally going to try and give up using henna on my hair. I want a change, and it feels so dark to me after so many layers. No regrets, but it's time for a new chapter.

Length
    Short/NQSL/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    How do you all make it through the first 6 months? I just found a old splat bleach kit and immediately put a soap cap on my head.
    I'll let you know when I figure out that myself!
    Throw it out don't think just throw!

I'm possibly going to keep my hair dark after all but still here I case I change my mind again

Length
    Pixie/1"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'll let you know when I figure out that myself!
    Throw it out don't think just throw!

I'm possibly going to keep my hair dark after all but still here I case I change my mind again
    My big problem is leaving it alone once I start coloring. I was fine until I colored it blond last month. Now I've had blue, pink and bleach in it.
    It is a really nice blond now. Looks like the color I had as a teen.

I had no idea that bleach was there. I found it buried in my hoarders closet while looking for something else. I do need to toss out the last little bit, still enough for another soap cap lol.
    Letting the sparkles grow