Page 1458 of 1458 FirstFirst ... 458958135814081448145614571458
Results 14,571 to 14,576 of 14576

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

  1. #14571
    Member Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    A Belfry Tower
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,177
    Length
    Short/Chin+/Floor

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLionne View Post
    It looks amazing jane_marie!! And your hair is still a very nice length, it won't be long before you can do all sorts of braids and buns again .

    8 month update!


    Finally managed to take a picture were my demarcation line is somewhat visible. It takes my phone camera, the right angle and freshly washed hair to show up. When it's up in a bun, the front view is all my natural shade, which is really cool. Glad that it isn't as awful as I always believed it was. Without LHC I probably wouldn't even have thought about quitting hair dye, glad that this thread exists!

    Now I just need to stop thinking about how long it will take to have 100% virgin hair again...
    It's looking great! You can barely tell still

  2. #14572
    Member BuddhaBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    England
    Age
    21
    Posts
    132
    Length
    22/25/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    So this is a bit of an essay but here it goes...

    Late 2019 I was a dumb girl and decided I was going to dye my blonde hair brown. Loved it for about two seconds but decided to go even darker, and darker, and darker. Eventually, in December I ended up with basically BLACK hair. I was never really happy with it, and the second my roots grew out it looked absolutely awful but I wasn't really sure what to do. Then lockdown and working from home happened in March 2020 so I wasn't really too fussed. Tried my best to remove it, I think I used box dye remover about 5 times, but I could only really lighten it to a brown. Here are some pictures showing my root growth.

    After one of my dye remover rounds:


    A root shot from the front.


    Then somewhere around June I was inspired by all the e-girls and decided to bleach my fringe white blonde and dye the colour I had managed to lift dark brown again. (Don't ask, I think the lock-in made me lose it.)

    Thankfully in October 2020 I came to my senses and went to my trusted hairdresser to get it fixed. I bleached the brownout and she gave me as similar to my natural colour as she could so I could go on the journey of growing it out. Here is a small snippet of my current growth, the dye is pretty close to my natural colour. Also to note, my hair does lighten in the sun so I think in the summer this will almost seamlessly match.



    So I'm not sure if I'll be cutting these ends off anytime soon as I would really love to retain the growth as it is in quite a healthy condition, but I will definitely never be dying my hair EVER again. And if you ever see me even think about hair dye please YELL at me.

    1b/1c/something like that. Trying to healthily grow my hair down to my waist and perhaps even further
    CL ~ SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic

  3. #14573
    Member Arciela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,090
    Length
    APL/TBL/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    I finally managed to trim off the tiny bit of bleach damaged hair I had left, I thought I got it all but there was about an inch left. It blended so well colorwise but I could tell with the texture difference. It brought me back to waist length but worth it

  4. #14574
    Member Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    A Belfry Tower
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,177
    Length
    Short/Chin+/Floor

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Congratulations! My hair is a disaster atm patchy as well, I'm got a toner to use just on the worst bits, hopefully that helps fix it up so I can leave it to grow out.

  5. #14575
    Member Simpscone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    696
    Length
    CL/29/30
    Type
    2c/M/iii

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Hey, welcome back!
    I think front strands are ok?
    I honestly am not going to police anyone here haha.
    Thank you! I thought that would be the case

    Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Hi guys! I couldn't deal with babying my length anymore. The combo of layers and chemical damage was just too much. So I chopped off all of the layers and most of the color.

    Here's what it looks like post chop:



    I still have a few inches of bleach damage (particularly at the front) but I feel much better with a higher percentage of virgin hair.
    It looks great! It must feel so good to chop most of the damage off, now you can enjoy your hair more

    Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Welcome back here, Simpscone! I think it's almost up to each individual how they define "giving up x" and "growing out natural". My original thought was that I would only be moving over to highlights and not fully giving up bleach. That would've still meant that I was partially growing out natural.

    I'll be at 1 year and 10 months tomorrow. I'll be celebrating 2 years somehow come the spring equinox.
    Glad to be back! I thought that would be the case, I know the different threads can be super flexible on what you need to be doing to "qualify" to join. I can't believe how quickly your 2 years has almost come around! 2020 really flew by in a blink...

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLionne View Post
    8 month update!

    Finally managed to take a picture were my demarcation line is somewhat visible. It takes my phone camera, the right angle and freshly washed hair to show up. When it's up in a bun, the front view is all my natural shade, which is really cool. Glad that it isn't as awful as I always believed it was. Without LHC I probably wouldn't even have thought about quitting hair dye, glad that this thread exists!

    Now I just need to stop thinking about how long it will take to have 100% virgin hair again...
    It looks so good, I can't even really see the demarcation line!

    Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    So this is a bit of an essay but here it goes...

    Late 2019 I was a dumb girl and decided I was going to dye my blonde hair brown. Loved it for about two seconds but decided to go even darker, and darker, and darker. Eventually, in December I ended up with basically BLACK hair. I was never really happy with it, and the second my roots grew out it looked absolutely awful but I wasn't really sure what to do. Then lockdown and working from home happened in March 2020 so I wasn't really too fussed. Tried my best to remove it, I think I used box dye remover about 5 times, but I could only really lighten it to a brown. Here are some pictures showing my root growth.

    After one of my dye remover rounds:


    A root shot from the front.


    Then somewhere around June I was inspired by all the e-girls and decided to bleach my fringe white blonde and dye the colour I had managed to lift dark brown again. (Don't ask, I think the lock-in made me lose it.)

    Thankfully in October 2020 I came to my senses and went to my trusted hairdresser to get it fixed. I bleached the brownout and she gave me as similar to my natural colour as she could so I could go on the journey of growing it out. Here is a small snippet of my current growth, the dye is pretty close to my natural colour. Also to note, my hair does lighten in the sun so I think in the summer this will almost seamlessly match.


    So I'm not sure if I'll be cutting these ends off anytime soon as I would really love to retain the growth as it is in quite a healthy condition, but I will definitely never be dying my hair EVER again. And if you ever see me even think about hair dye please YELL at me.
    Your hair had quite the journey last year then! I try to never regret my hair choices because the whole thing is a journey and thankfully it looks like it hasn't done your hair any long term damage!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    I finally managed to trim off the tiny bit of bleach damaged hair I had left, I thought I got it all but there was about an inch left. It blended so well colorwise but I could tell with the texture difference. It brought me back to waist length but worth it
    That's amazing! I can't even imagine getting to that point one day... congratulations!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Congratulations! My hair is a disaster atm patchy as well, I'm got a toner to use just on the worst bits, hopefully that helps fix it up so I can leave it to grow out.
    Some of mine is patchy at the moment too, but being in lockdown and with it mostly being at the back where I can't see it... yeah it can stay that way for now
    Next goal: 30" - Waist!

  6. #14576
    Member Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    A Belfry Tower
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,177
    Length
    Short/Chin+/Floor

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpscone View Post

    Some of mine is patchy at the moment too, but being in lockdown and with it mostly being at the back where I can't see it... yeah it can stay that way for now
    I have to fix mine I don't want to start my hairdressing course with patchy dyed hair!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •