Page 1457 of 1464 FirstFirst ... 45795713571407144714551456145714581459 ... LastLast
Results 14,561 to 14,570 of 14640

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Length
    Chin/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

I'm half/kinda in this thread again!

I've dyed my hair back to brunette with the intention of growing out my natural colour again. It's currently a little darker/more red toned than my natural hair because I had to use a red and then a brown to stop it turning a muddy green from the turquoise. My natural colour is a light/medium brown so I'm hoping the grow out process will be relatively painless.

The only thing that may disqualify me from the thread is that I'm intending to keep my front hairs blonde and just keep up with the roots there. The blonde is essentially all the hairs on my hairline so probably less than 10% of my hair.

Hopefully everyone is okay with my joining the thread even with keeping that! Let me know if not and I'll quietly bow out
    Next goal: 34" - Hip

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpscone View Post
    I'm half/kinda in this thread again!

I've dyed my hair back to brunette with the intention of growing out my natural colour again. It's currently a little darker/more red toned than my natural hair because I had to use a red and then a brown to stop it turning a muddy green from the turquoise. My natural colour is a light/medium brown so I'm hoping the grow out process will be relatively painless.

The only thing that may disqualify me from the thread is that I'm intending to keep my front hairs blonde and just keep up with the roots there. The blonde is essentially all the hairs on my hairline so probably less than 10% of my hair.

Hopefully everyone is okay with my joining the thread even with keeping that! Let me know if not and I'll quietly bow out
    Hey, welcome back!
    I think front strands are ok?
    I honestly am not going to police anyone here haha.

Length
    Short/NQSL/Floor

Silently here, attempting to keep a lid on my dying habits, let's see if I'm serious this time
    Last edited by Bat; January 17th, 2021 at 11:42 PM.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Hi guys! I couldn't deal with babying my length anymore. The combo of layers and chemical damage was just too much. So I chopped off all of the layers and most of the color.

Here's what it looks like post chop:

I still have a few inches of bleach damage (particularly at the front) but I feel much better with a higher percentage of virgin hair.

Length
    HL/TBL+/FTL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Welcome back here, Simpscone! I think it's almost up to each individual how they define "giving up x" and "growing out natural". My original thought was that I would only be moving over to highlights and not fully giving up bleach. That would've still meant that I was partially growing out natural.

Cool decision, jane_marie! I envy your courage to do that cut; I find myself secretly dreaming of doing something similar quite often, but I am too fond of the length. I know I'd never have the patience to get back here intentionally (I got past hip by accident back in the days when I didn't care for my hair yet), so I had better not cut the length off. Your hair must feel so lovely now.

I'll be at 1 year and 10 months tomorrow. I'll be celebrating 2 years somehow come the spring equinox.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Thanks Ylva. I'm not sure if it was so much bravery as laziness and frustration. I just couldn't make myself do what I needed to do to take care of it while it was super damaged. I despite such a major chop, I don't think it will take that long to grow back out. Now, IU'm going to switch over to the benign neglect side of things and concentrate on taking my multi-vitamin and and increasing exercise in the hopes that it will help me grow the most healthy virgin hair I can.

*fingers crossed that I can get back to waist within the next two years*

Congratulations on being almost two years in and sticking to it! Your determination is inspiring.

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Wow it looks great jane_marie!! I think in the end you'll be happy you ripped the bandaid off...and it's a nice even length you can just leave to grow this year

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Thanks lapis_luzuli!

I'm really excited about this fresh start.

Length
    Short/NQSL/Floor

It's all downward from here on out!

Length
    Chin/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

It looks amazing jane_marie!! And your hair is still a very nice length, it won't be long before you can do all sorts of braids and buns again .

8 month update!

Finally managed to take a picture were my demarcation line is somewhat visible. It takes my phone camera, the right angle and freshly washed hair to show up. When it's up in a bun, the front view is all my natural shade, which is really cool. Glad that it isn't as awful as I always believed it was. Without LHC I probably wouldn't even have thought about quitting hair dye, glad that this thread exists!

Now I just need to stop thinking about how long it will take to have 100% virgin hair again...
    CL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - ??
    9 months dye-free!
    No trimming until July 2021