Page 1405 of 1405 FirstFirst ... 405905130513551395140314041405
Results 14,041 to 14,044 of 14044

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

...My vanity’s a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/31/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Thanks gals!

Stray, yay! We get to continuously celebrate together!!

in lurker mode

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

I feel silly but I ended up bleaching my hair once I hit my year marker. I didn't actually fully bleach my hair though. I sectioned the top of my head bleached the roots and dyed it blue. Now all the underneath is my natural roots and the ends are blue. A little bit disappointed in myself but I also like my hair, I think I'll keep trying to grow out the natural color though even on the top layer. I think the most frustrating thing for me is how oily my roots get. I'll still stick to growing it out though

Length
    Buzz/Chin/Floor

I keep dying mine too, but I think I'll join this for 6month while the no trim thing is going on, then MAYBE try 2021 without dying it
    🦇Floor/Terminal🦇
    Next Goal: 18 inches
    currently chin length from the back

Length
    CBL/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

I'm currently sitting with Colour B4 in my hair - second attempt since my last ever dye in December 2019. Which was like my fourth or something kind-of-but-not-quite-dye since I "officially" started growing out my natural hair colour in 2018. Although those "setbacks" are kind of annoying, I also feel like they were necessary, in a way. I let myself get carried away once, and had to dye over it; I attempted hendigo because I had never tried it before; and after my hair had grown quite a bit I felt like my natural colour was too light and too muted to suit my more high contrast personality, so I dyed it darker - and regretted it! To be honest, sometimes I still want to dye it, like a sunny blonde balayage or just a striking darker shade... But I know so well that if I change it at all I will just want whatever's on the other side of the spectrum as soon as the novelty of the new wears off. With my natural colour, while I sometimes kind of want to change it, there's still an inherent "value" of sorts simply because it is mine. Also I'm hella lazy and dyeing it means I have to keep doing it, or grow it out from scratch all over again. And dyeing it ONCE just to grow it out again... Not worth it, lol.

I dunno if I will go cold turkey until it's all grown out or, like, ever. Like I said, I'm currently sitting with Colour B4 in my hair - I feel like it doesn't count as even if I HAD put it all over my roots it wouldn't have changed it, but I didn't, and my rational reason for doing it is to be able to grow out more smoothly; I am in fact quite happy with my current colour but I would like it to be a bit lighter, as currently the dyed length is darker than my virgin hair, and I'd like it to be lighter... BUT if I am to be perfectly honest, and I am always perfectly honest, it's also because I'm bored and want some kind of change. It feels quite innocent but to be fair, it's coming from the same place that only a few years ago drove me to impulsively bleach my hair, then dye it dark brown, then regret it less than two hours later. But, ya know, baby steps. My hairdye-habits have improved immensely since coming here and I'm happy with my progress; likewise I feel like I have grown so much as a person in that same time span, but I am still not that perfectly stable creature I (sometimes) want to be.

Apologies for the rant (I prefer to call it "musings" - isn't that the word for it?) but I've had a (fairly big) glass of wine and I'm also writing on a computer for the first time in what feels like an eternity. Not quite, as I'm on a computer all day at work, but... you know, in the LHC world. Usually I'm just on mobile and those muuuusings kind of limits themselves to that tiny screen and not-English autocorrect.

I gotta say, I am excited to see if it will actually turn out lighter! Last time (a few months ago) it got a bit lighter, but not so much that anyone really noticed - my ends were DARK and that harshness lightened up, but it is/was (lol) still darker than my roots. Especially now in summer, as it seems to be getting some highlights in the sun. As in, for the two-ish weeks we actually HAD sun... Sigh. Anyway. Change is fun and this way I can (hopefully) get a somewhat noticeable (to me, at least) change without hurting my progress. I feel pretty determined to stick to my virgin colour as it grows. Novelty and laziness, ya know. Big factors for me.

And while I might not WRITE a lot nowadays, I still lurk here almost every day, I see your progress and it's so much fun to watch! You're all doing great and you've all got such lovely heads of hair.