Page 1322 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 3228221222127213121320132113221323 LastLast
Results 13,211 to 13,220 of 13228

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

  1. #13211

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    That's awesome, Simpscone! Congrats on 18 months!

    Virgin hair has taken over the top of my head. I'm 4.5 months without bleach now. My colour is not accurately represented in this pic due to bad lighting and my roots being greasy.

    This is giving me so much hope. I bet your virgin hair feels so soft and healthy. Well done :-)

  2. #13212
    ^ YLVA, not YIVA! Ylva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Finland/Norway
    Posts
    3,610
    Length
    HL/HL+/TB-CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Thank you, Lady Stardust and Ylva.

    Ylva your roots look nice! I hope that eases the grow out process for you, because your natural color is very pretty and also quite unique looking.
    Thank you so much, Stray! It feels funny to hear my colour is "unique" because it's "the colour that everyone here has", aka municipal grey, road grey, rat grey and whatnot. Even my hairdresser was commenting on that which didn't make me too happy, so I just said to her, slightly pissed off, that I actually think the "road grey" is a rather pretty colour and not so common worldwide.

    I think any colour, no matter how "boring", can look absolutely amazing when it's your own and goes perfectly with your complexion. Also, it's a really "Nordic-looking" colour, which is fine by me because I'm all about "looking where I come from".

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphiraSilver View Post
    That looks amazing. When I tried to have that done a few years back, the hair dresser made a total mess of things, it was horrible. I kinda blame it on the fact that my virgin hair is not all one colour, its got like heaps of different shades and tones, cool tones, warm tones gah, and I guess they couldn't get it all right. Yours turned out so beautiful. Keep us updated
    Thank you so much, Sapphira! Yes, I remember reading about your experience way back in the thread! I felt so bad for you. But virgin hair with all its different tones and variations looks really amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joydivision84 View Post
    This is giving me so much hope. I bet your virgin hair feels so soft and healthy. Well done :-)
    I am so glad to hear that. Keep on growing, Joydivision, and thank you!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.


  3. #13213
    Queen of peace Stray_mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lithuania
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,913
    Length
    ChL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Thank you so much, Stray! It feels funny to hear my colour is "unique" because it's "the colour that everyone here has", aka municipal grey, road grey, rat grey and whatnot. Even my hairdresser was commenting on that which didn't make me too happy, so I just said to her, slightly pissed off, that I actually think the "road grey" is a rather pretty colour and not so common worldwide.

    I think any colour, no matter how "boring", can look absolutely amazing when it's your own and goes perfectly with your complexion. Also, it's a really "Nordic-looking" colour, which is fine by me because I'm all about "looking where I come from".



    Thank you so much, Sapphira! Yes, I remember reading about your experience way back in the thread! I felt so bad for you. But virgin hair with all its different tones and variations looks really amazing.



    I am so glad to hear that. Keep on growing, Joydivision, and thank you!
    How rude of your hairdresser!

    But i Always liked the ashy shades of hair. I am always happy when my own hair gains a greyish ashy tone.
    Golden and warm tones are pretty too, but for me with my pale skin, ashy tones work better. I am glad that i have "chameleon" hair that tends to adapt to the lighting i am in and the clothes i wear.
    ChL-SL-APL-BSL-WL-HBL-TBL ........
    22 months dye free
    "When it rains, everything grows..."

  4. #13214

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Hi! I've been dying my hair red for a few years and then just wore it blonde and I hated it, so I let it grow out because I didn't want to damage it again by dying it brown, in the meantime I dyed the bleach parts pink and orange and then just left it alone, then I cut it pretty short, I needed to get the blonde out and layers helped get more of the blonde out, so it looks better, even intentional, it can look a little weird but you'll get used to it, having two different colors. Honestly I'm just waiting to get all the bleach out so I can have healthy virgin hair, doesn't matter if it's shorter than I want it to be, patience is the key

  5. #13215
    Member Arciela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Islands
    Posts
    750
    Length
    APL/TBL/term
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Hey guys..I am now 2 years dye free (last did it May 2017) and about a year dye free! Last year around this exact time I chopped my TBL to collarbone to get rid of the last of the dye. It was so worth it

    Here is my hair now..I can't believe its almost back to how it was, healthy, long and so easy to take care of! I can use any conditioner/shampoo and its pretty happy. I thought when I bleached it and ruined it that that was it..no more nice hair ever again. Then the first year..omg what a nightmare. Tangles everywhere, had to use so much product to make it somewhat decent, I broke so many combs, tried so many expensive treatments...in the end I just wanted a year and few months, chopped and just dealt with short hair



    Just wanted to share my progress and check in on the thread to see how everyone is doing

  6. #13216
    Member milosmomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,096
    Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Ylva the blending looks flawless, it should be a breeze to grow now.
    Straymind I agree your color looks great in the overcast lighting outside.
    Arciela your hair looks so thick and I love the pattern of waves. It also looks very soft, beautiful: )
    Great job everyone, keep up the good work

  7. #13217
    Queen of peace Stray_mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lithuania
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,913
    Length
    ChL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    Hey guys..I am now 2 years dye free (last did it May 2017) and about a year dye free! Last year around this exact time I chopped my TBL to collarbone to get rid of the last of the dye. It was so worth it

    Here is my hair now..I can't believe its almost back to how it was, healthy, long and so easy to take care of! I can use any conditioner/shampoo and its pretty happy. I thought when I bleached it and ruined it that that was it..no more nice hair ever again. Then the first year..omg what a nightmare. Tangles everywhere, had to use so much product to make it somewhat decent, I broke so many combs, tried so many expensive treatments...in the end I just wanted a year and few months, chopped and just dealt with short hair



    Just wanted to share my progress and check in on the thread to see how everyone is doing
    I LOVE your color... I always wanted to have the same (reason why i dyed my hair in the first place).

    Keep up the good work!

  8. #13218

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    Hey guys..I am now 2 years dye free (last did it May 2017) and about a year dye free! Last year around this exact time I chopped my TBL to collarbone to get rid of the last of the dye. It was so worth it

    Here is my hair now..I can't believe its almost back to how it was, healthy, long and so easy to take care of! I can use any conditioner/shampoo and its pretty happy. I thought when I bleached it and ruined it that that was it..no more nice hair ever again. Then the first year..omg what a nightmare. Tangles everywhere, had to use so much product to make it somewhat decent, I broke so many combs, tried so many expensive treatments...in the end I just wanted a year and few months, chopped and just dealt with short hair



    Just wanted to share my progress and check in on the thread to see how everyone is doing
    Wow your hair looks amazing! You’re an inspiration to use all! Such a beautiful color as well, must be so rewarding.

  9. #13219
    Member PillowBook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    39
    Length
    short/?/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    I've got almost all the dye out now! Only a few random hairs have maybe a cm worth of dye on their tips as my hair was layered when I got my big chop. Now the question is do I get a trim to trim out the layers and those last few dyed stands (which you can't even see) or just let my hair grow? Hmmmm....

  10. #13220
    Member LittleHealthy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    711
    Length
    24”/29.5”/Long!
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    That's awesome, Simpscone! Congrats on 18 months!

    Virgin hair has taken over the top of my head. I'm 4.5 months without bleach now. My colour is not accurately represented in this pic due to bad lighting and my roots being greasy.

    I wish I had better photos of my growth when I first started letting it grow out naturally, but wow yours is so similar to how mine was!! The only photo I can find is from later on in my growth but I just know that your demarcation line will fade out a bit like mine did!


    Eventually you’ll be able to bun your hair and most of the dye will be invisible! Also, ombré hair is ‘in’ apparently. I get compliments on my half-half hair. You’re going through the hardest part now! It gets easier after the first bit!
    Last edited by LittleHealthy; August 15th, 2019 at 07:14 PM.
    APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - TBL
    Last dye: Feb 2017 Last trim (micro): 6th June 2019

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •