Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Henna Oil?

Length
    WL/TBL+/TBL++
    Type
    3c/M/iii

Default Re: Henna Oil?

i make my own henna/amla oil and i think it works better than oil alone. But using it as oil does not feel the same as henna mixed with water. Both are good in different ways.

How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?

Length
    17/47/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Does anyone know if it deposits any colour?
    Lady Tigereye, Keeper of the Striped Shadows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    18.00/22.5/29
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I use a shampoo and conditioner from the Indian grocery store that has henna in it. My hair seems MUCH softer after I use it. I think it just has the henna's conditioning properties, but it could be many of the other natural ingrediants in it. *shrugs*

Length
    pixie/pixie/??

I'd like to add some herbal henna to coconut oil and use it mostly for scalp massages. Is it better just to let it sit 2 weeks as little_cherry suggested, or would it be okay to put it on the stove at a low heat for some period of time? Will that mess anything up..?

If not, how long should I heat it that way?

I am too impatient.

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Does anybody still makes their own henna oil?, I have some cassia and herbs and I was thinking making some cassia infused oil.

I do I used mustard and coconut oil I put them in a jar over boiling water, like a double boiler, and added one table spoon of henna and another of Amla powders . After a few days it turned very dark green and I use it for deep oilings on my hair. I had to strain it after about a month. I keep it in a dark cool area. It does help with shedding as henna and mustard oil is a treatment for balding . Hope that is helpful

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shatam1 View Post
    I do I used mustard and coconut oil I put them in a jar over boiling water, like a double boiler, and added one table spoon of henna and another of Amla powders . After a few days it turned very dark green and I use it for deep oilings on my hair. I had to strain it after about a month. I keep it in a dark cool area. It does help with shedding as henna and mustard oil is a treatment for balding . Hope that is helpful
    Thank you it was very helpful. Do you notice any color change in your hair by the oil?.
    I have some amla,rose petals powder, brahmi and shikakai so I will mix those with my cassia and some sesame and coconut oil.

No, I never notice any change in color but that is because my hair is hennaed and very red My guess is that on lighter shades it would darken hair. U can add any oil that benefits your hair and any herbs as well. Enjoy your creations

Length
    0"/3/20"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i

I live in the UAE and they sell henna oil here. I've used it and it soothes the frizzies brilliantly (it is very humid here during the summer months). I can't tell if it deposits colour on the hair because I already henna my hair red but it stains my hands if I don't wash them immediately after using it.

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Prettychild View Post
    I live in the UAE and they sell henna oil here. I've used it and it soothes the frizzies brilliantly (it is very humid here during the summer months). I can't tell if it deposits colour on the hair because I already henna my hair red but it stains my hands if I don't wash them immediately after using it.
    This is interesting it might as well stain hair since it is stained your hands.
    I guess if I used cassia it won't be much of a problem.
    I'm waiting to buy a tea ball to put my herbs in there and the steep them in to the oil