Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Henna Oil?

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Henna Oil?

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    Thank you very much for such a detailed explanation. I’m a big admirer of your work.
    This explanation actually put my mind in a much more relieved state.
    My intention for doing this henna infusion experiment is to have stronger, thicker hair without coloring my naturally black hair drastically (as far as I know, even if I do the full-on application, it won't really change my hair color that much), I won’t mind a little orange shine under the sun. I know however little henna I use (1tbs in a 500ml jar of oil), it will build up after multiple applications. Mostly I want the condition/waxing effect of henna on my very old and fragile ends, and if it works and dyes permanently, I will appreciate it all the same (after all, I can always add indigo later). I can’t source any reliable zizyphus in my area currently, roughly translated, we have something called “Chinese date or jujube” (a prevalent nutritious fruit) but I’m not sure if it’s the same thing. I will look into it. But I have cassia so I will try that next time.
    I sterilized the glass jar before I poured anything inside since I didn’t want it to get moldy as this project had been intended to last a few weeks. Now that you talked about it, I will still use this oil next weekend in an attempt to finish it as soon as possible. I have a weekly hot oil treatment that contains vitamin E so it’ll just be part of my hair care routine as usual. If henna only works in water, I will try to mix the henna oil with other moisturizers and apply this substance to slightly damp hair and let it sit for a while. I’m curious to see how my hair will react to that.
    I have been using deep cleansing shampoo to clarify my hair for the future maximum uptake of the henna goodies. I will update later.
    Hope this thread will be helpful to others who are interested in doing similar things with henna.

Aww thank you so much I think with your hair so dark you could do a one step with henna, amla, and indigo and get all the conditioning benefits without color change Like maybe an orange glow if someone shone a spotlight on your head, but the amla mutes the orange even more and gives a true blue-black.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Henna Oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Aww thank you so much I think with your hair so dark you could do a one step with henna, amla, and indigo and get all the conditioning benefits without color change Like maybe an orange glow if someone shone a spotlight on your head, but the amla mutes the orange even more and gives a true blue-black.
    Thank you so much.
    I do plan to give myself a full-on henna+indigo application in the future, adding amla would be a very great idea.
    However, I am currently collecting my sheds and sorting the huge mess of hairballs from my five hospitalizations in an attempt to make some shed hair hand-tie/weaving wefts as accent braids and extension for my future traditional Chinese hairstyle projects matching my Hanfu (traditional Chinese Han ethnic costume), so I need to make sure all my hairs are of the same color.

Therefore I plan to finishing sorting my hairballs first, then I hendigo the hair on my scalp and the wefts at once to make sure I can do this in one go with a unifying color, making sure they truly blend in, even if it is not jet black, because the ratio of powders, liquid, warmth, time can all contribute to a variable, and I saw once a quote here, something like, "henna gives you the color it wants, not the color you want" lol, I'm not sure if it's coming from you lol.

I'll let myself be acquainted with henna by using very light henna gloss/oil first, I will also do cassia treatment on myself and my mom to see how I feel about a powder-based haircare routine, getting myself used to the mixing and application techniques. Then I'd be more confident in putting so much henna mud on my scalp.

Update: My first henna oil experience and my thought about it: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...=1#post3952804
    Last edited by tuanyiji; August 15th, 2022 at 03:24 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]