Page 2 of 226 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Use Up Your Stash challenge!!!

Default Re: Use Up Your Stash challenge!!!

I can be PARTLY in . Some of my product horde contains cones and my hair does NOT like them (but the pack rat in me can't bear to throw something useful away so they just sit in a box . BUT I do have tons of cheap coneless stuff that I can use up. And hey, I can use the shampoos as body wash (and they work fantastic to wash the tub too!) and the cony conditioners could probably be used to shave with!! That would take a while as I epilate mostly now, but for the times I let certain parts (cough..cough...ARM PITS...cough...) go too long I do shave, so it will take a while but I can use them . I WILL need to buy SOME stuff, as my scalp cannot live without henna, but I'll keep the things I buy to an absolute minimum until I lose this huge pile of product .

Length
    Pixie/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/ii

I am in!
    Some girlfriends are moving house and have kindly just given me tons of excess beauty products. This is my stock count hair wise:
    1 bottle baby shampoo
    1 bottle anti dandruff shampoo
    1 bottle generic shampoo
    1 bottle conditioner
    1 leave in conditioner spray
    1 hair serum
    1 tub of coconut oil
    2 tubs hair wax
    1 tub hair gel
    Therefore, I absolutely should not have to buy anything until October at least! I must resist needless consumerism

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

would it be ok to just gather everything together and take a photo? I really have too many products.

I have two long haired daughters and a DH with a good head of hair so we go through a fair amount of stuff.

I've been meaning to collect it all up and see what needs tossing.
    "If you’re bothered by every rub, how will you ever be polished?”- Rumi

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

About six months after going SLS- and cone-free, I went through EVERYTHING in my bathroom cupboard and read all the ingredients and put anything non-compliant in a bag that I then donated to a local charity that provides services to homeless/low-income people.

This particular organization has their own barber/beauty shop, and they were THRILLED to get some good-quality stuff. They didn't even care that some of the bottles were only 1/2 to 3/4 full -- they loved getting absolutely anything at all!

I know homeless shelters and domestic violence shelters are usually requesting donations of hygiene-care products, too.

Just thought I'd mention that to anyone who is going to just "toss" anything that's not worth the cost of postage to put on the Swap Board.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    1c/F/i

I gave away almost everything I don't use anymore - except that bottle of Argan Oil treatment i got from Sally's that has silicone in it, darn misleading labels! So i guess i shouldn't be in on this BUT.... i bought a big bottle of coconut oil from the Health Food store for like 20 bucks - it's one of those huge drums! yep, that's my dragon horde right there, Gold Medal Coconut Oil, and i'm wondering if it will be possible to use it up this lifetime! maybe if i don't buy anything else at all, ever, and only use the coconut, i might use it up???

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by renarok View Post
    would it be ok to just gather everything together and take a photo? I really have too many products.

I have two long haired daughters and a DH with a good head of hair so we go through a fair amount of stuff.

I've been meaning to collect it all up and see what needs tossing.
    the photo sounds like a great idea!!It's alot easier to use our stuff when we actually know what we have! I have this bag full of hair products that i havent touched in a long time,i dont even know what is in there.
    keep it up everyone

Rodent Of Unusual Size Capybara's Avatar
    Length
    chin/BCL/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Oh dear ... I just bought half a kilo of coconut oil and more conditioner! I think this would be a good time for me to join in (if you don't mind, that is ) No more buying products that I don't absolutely need!

Great challenge idea!
    I feel like a longhair again! Retire Your Ruler for 90 Days!

Length
    chin/waist/40"
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I am in !! I need to clean out my samples, trial sizes, and all the rest!! I already plan on giving my everpure poos and cons to my mom as she uses the same ones i was. Havent used them in awhile as I am trying to stay away from cones. I am exited to get home and clean out and line up my products and take inventory. I havent gotten anything in a long time but I still have years of clutter!

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I think I can commit to not buying any more shampoos for the remainder of the year, as I have a zillion bottles and several bars of both SLS and SLS-free varieties. Not sure about the rest, though...I NEED conditioner. And oils. And leave-ins. And I'm planning on getting my hair cut into a "style"- possibly with bangs- in August, so I may need more styling products for that...

I am an addict. For now, I will just commit to the no-shampoo part of the challenge.
    January 2012

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

i went out today and baught some black currant seed oil,small bottle of garlic oil,a comb and some mango-scented spray that was supposed to refresh the scent of hair (i tried at home and the smell faded away in no time,so was a total waste)
    anyway this was my last shopping for my hair,i might restock on oils but it wont be any time soon.