View Poll Results: How often do you wash your hair?

Voters
613. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyday

72 11.75%
  • Every other day

140 22.84%
  • I can go for longer than the above (please state how long)

401 65.42%
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you wash your hair?

Length
    APL/BCL/FTL+
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How often do you wash your hair?

I can definitely go longer but usually I wash once a week. Sometimes, when it's needed I wash 2 times a week but that's the most extreme for me. I never wash 3 times a week

Every other day. I've tried streching it for years! Because I always heard a lot that greasy hair was a result of overwashing. Streching never made it better. My scalp is just a bit oily after a while. My skin is too, so that makes sense. For my ends less frequent washing would be good but I feel much happier with a clean head.

Type
    1a/C/iii

i go 6 months

Length
    39/40/50

I wash my hair twice a week Wednesday and Saturdays, Saturdays I pay my hair dresser $10 to wash it!!

Length
    27/27.5/32
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I tend to wash mine every 5-6 days.
    It starts to feel a bit oily on day 4, but I prefer to stretch out the washes by combing the oil down with a horn comb.

Length
    Pixie/APL/Term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm still very much in the experimental phase - up until about 5 months ago I had a very short pixie and washed every day, sometimes twice a day. Because I love the feeling and smell of freshly washed hair and actually enjoy the process of washing it (maybe that will change when it gets really long!) And there's no need to stretch washes when hair is 1" long, right? As I started my growing journey I managed to stretch to once a week, and my hair still looked just about presentable, but I was starting to get scalp breakouts washing that infrequently. And I hated the way my hair smelled most of the time.

I'm washing about every other day now. That said, I have to admit I prefer how my hair looks and feels on wash days so I might just go back to everyday!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Silica View Post
    I'm still very much in the experimental phase - up until about 5 months ago I had a very short pixie and washed every day, sometimes twice a day. Because I love the feeling and smell of freshly washed hair and actually enjoy the process of washing it (maybe that will change when it gets really long!) And there's no need to stretch washes when hair is 1" long, right? As I started my growing journey I managed to stretch to once a week, and my hair still looked just about presentable, but I was starting to get scalp breakouts washing that infrequently. And I hated the way my hair smelled most of the time.

I'm washing about every other day now. That said, I have to admit I prefer how my hair looks and feels on wash days so I might just go back to everyday!
    1 inch is still too early to tell. I would do it daily as well, when it's that short. Your routine will establish itself with length, because it changes a lot once you add length into the mixture!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    pixie/2/29
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Usually every other day. Sometimes more if it gets too oily.
    🌙🥀 "Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness." 🥀🌙
    Pixie [10.4.2022] WL [no set date]

Length
    14/26/26
    Type
    1a/M/i

So I never use oils and I generally could wash it once in 4 or 5 days. However I run 3 or 4 times a week and I always wash the hair after the workout with very diluted mild shampoo. If it's not too hot outside, I just rinse it with water and then with vinegar/water so I don't know if it counts as wash.

1-2 times a week for me (co-washing) and shampoo about once a month