Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 223

Thread: The Archived Forums - Now Available

  1. #211
    Member Vanille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    78
    Length
    1/42/Max
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

    Default Wanting to clarify...

    Once you get to 1000 posts and 1 year's membership, you can choose a custom title. Options abound, including Latin.
    Well, now I'm confused. The greeting I get when I come to the site talks about a shorter time period...

    Some of these features are restricted to our dedicated members (>100 posts + >30 days of membership), so if you've been lurking, please come on out and say hi so you can use the forums to their full advantage!
    So are you saying that we get even more privileges at the 1000+ posts and one year+ membership mark?

    Also... why would Latin in a sig be a problem for people? I thought everyone was familiar with the old "Knowledge is power" saying, and it's fitting for such an informative community as this one. So I'm just wondering why you want it translated? Is there a fear that someone will put something rude in a foreign language in their sig? Just wondering why you requested that.

    Thanks again for all the helpful answers, I look forward to learning more about what's what so I can get all settled in comfortably.
    Last edited by Vanille; June 15th, 2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added quote for clarity
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

  2. #212
    Mod on sabbatical physicschick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Eastern US
    Age
    41
    Posts
    13,137
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanille View Post
    Well, now I'm confused. The greeting I get when I come to the site talks about a far shorter time period...

    So are you saying that we get even more privileges at the 1000+ posts and one year+ membership mark?
    Yes, there is more! See this thread for details. (By the way, the 100 posts/30 days in the site heading is a typo. It's actually 100/60 for one level of privileges.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanille
    Also... why would Latin in a sig be a problem for people? I thought everyone was familiar with the old "Knowledge is power" saying, and it's fitting for such an informative community as this one. So I'm just wondering why you want it translated? Is there a fear that someone will put something rude in a foreign language in their sig? Just wondering why you requested that.

    Thanks again for all the helpful answers, I look forward to learning more about what's what so I can get all settled in comfortably.
    It's because English is the one language that everyone here knows. LHC is very international, and people from, for example, non-Western backgrounds might have zero exposure to Latin during their schooling. Also, we've recently found with Latin that even in the US what one person thinks is obvious and covered in every high school, another person might not have ever seen before. We just want to make sure everyone can understand the discussions here. Thanks for your willingness to translate. We appreciate it.

    Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

  3. #213
    Member marajade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    732
    Length
    22/34/term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

    Angry Re: The Archived Forums - Now Available

    Question: I can't seem to find my old hair journal on the archived forums. When I try to use the search function it makes me "log in". Then I log in and it takes me back to the hair journal portion, I try to search, it makes me log in again. . So, if the search function doesn't work. . which is what I went with-- I used the search function with firefox that searches the entire page for a keyword and went through all 54 pages. Still can't find it. Any suggestions???
    My Photo Journal like books?-- see my journal!
    I am lady Athena, keeper of wisdom, in the order of the long haired knights!

  4. #214
    Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    5,957
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

    Default Re: The Archived Forums - Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by marajade View Post
    Question: I can't seem to find my old hair journal on the archived forums. When I try to use the search function it makes me "log in". Then I log in and it takes me back to the hair journal portion, I try to search, it makes me log in again. . So, if the search function doesn't work. . which is what I went with-- I used the search function with firefox that searches the entire page for a keyword and went through all 54 pages. Still can't find it. Any suggestions???
    You need to log out here before logging into the archives. Did you do that?
    The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

  5. #215
    Member marajade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    732
    Length
    22/34/term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

    Default Re: The Archived Forums - Now Available

    I'll try that!
    My Photo Journal like books?-- see my journal!
    I am lady Athena, keeper of wisdom, in the order of the long haired knights!

  6. #216
    Member morguebabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,928
    Length
    28/45/36
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

    Default Re: The Archived Forums - Now Available

    I can't get into the old forums, or my old inbox, can anyone help me out?
    * Ann @ Last.FM * Hair Journal *
    I'm past goal, I don't know what I'm doing now.

  7. #217
    Member DavidN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Age
    66
    Posts
    6,909
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: The Archived Forums - Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by morguebabe View Post
    I can't get into the old forums, or my old inbox, can anyone help me out?
    Hi Morguebabe, in order to access the archives, you will first have to log out of the "new" LHC, then you can log into the archives. You should be able to see the old forums and access your inbox, although you cannot send/receive new PMs in the archives.

  8. #218
    A redhead brunette Heidi_234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oblivionville
    Posts
    3,647
    Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: The Archived Forums - Now Available

    Hey, I joined LHC after the crash, can I have a archive login? I keep bumping into the login request over and over again, I can't even search the archives and they hold plenty of valuable information. I remember seeing a thread where people requested to be added to the archive, but for the life of me I just can't find me. TIA

    Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

  9. #219
    Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    5,957
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

    Default Re: The Archived Forums - Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    Hey, I joined LHC after the crash, can I have a archive login? I keep bumping into the login request over and over again, I can't even search the archives and they hold plenty of valuable information. I remember seeing a thread where people requested to be added to the archive, but for the life of me I just can't find me. TIA
    Perhaps you missed this post.
    The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

  10. #220
    A redhead brunette Heidi_234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oblivionville
    Posts
    3,647
    Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: The Archived Forums - Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    Perhaps you missed this post.
    Oh uh
    I can't believe I missed out the opportunity to have access when I saw people asking to be added in real time (thinking to myself "why would I bother the mods now, I'll ask them when I really need it"). It's not just the search function, I keep bumping into the logon massage from various links and that's something that can't be replace with another website. Thanks for pointing out the message.

    Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •