Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair breakage

Length
    ?/34 in/36 in
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Hair breakage

Really need some advice.........
    Ever since my hair salon disaster where the stylist mistakenly put concentrated platnium dye over my highlighted brunette/silver 3 feet long hair instead of toner......the damage it caused is still making my hair break every time I wash it even though I am washing my hair like a piece of fragile silk. When my hair is wet if I take one strand and stretch it.......it stretches slightly and then breaks.

I have been only washing every 4 days with conditioner with protein and moisture but I think I may need to do a heavy duty protein treatment. I am also not brushing hair anymore and am wearing it up daily.

Has anyone ever used any of these protein treatments and if so do they work.......nexxus Emergency, Biolustre, ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair,Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor.

Also are there any paraben free heavy duty protein treatments for severely damaged hair?
    Are there any home made protein treatments that can help?

I just am unsure of how to deal with the damage I've been left with and don't want to damage my hair further. I also have corrective color in to cover up the hidious strips left in my hair by the stylists mistake so I have to be careful not to strip out this color when I deep condition.

Thanks for your help

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hair breakage

Some people do not respond well to protein treatments and will have more breakage, are you sure the protein is right for your hair ? I would hate to see you end up with an even bigger issue

Length
    16.1/19.3/35
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

hmm i personally like the auzzie hair rescue my hair seems to do great... have you tried getting some conditioner specially for died hair - like the ones you get with the hair dyes? ( you can usually buy them seperate) they put the moisture back in the hair after the chemicals.
    other than that i would just oil and moisturise the hell out of it and be super gentle with it.
    oh yeah... and march back to the hairdressers and demand some free treatments!!!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My hair loves the Joico, but I don't have issues like you do. I hope you find the right products.

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

A raw egg mixed with mayonnaise and olive oil is a classic homemade treatment. Let it soak and then rinse it out with cold water (or it will start to cook the egg/mayo and smell horrible and not come out as well), then CO with a light conditioner. If there's still a little oil in your hair afterward, leave it there and let it soak up.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Hm. I’m pretty sure some people find their hair to have “crispy” breakage when lots of protein is added?
    I would try to go in another direction if I was you
    The natural protein bonds in hair is what gives it the ability to stretch without breaking but too much of it seems to make the breakage worse
    Try oil, cholesterol, SMT maybe?

Length
    ?/34 in/36 in
    Type
    1a/F/ii

When I take a single wet hair and stretch it.......it stretches a little and then breaks. Also I heard if you stretch hair and release tension the hair gors back to pre-stretch form. Mine doesn't......it stays stretched out if I put tension on single hair.

Don't know if this means protein deficiency or not.

I think I did a lot of damage to my hair when I used harsh clarifying shampoos trying to get out the platnium dye the hairdresser put on accidentially instead of platnium toner. After that I noticed the breakage.

bear of vry little brains x0h_bother's Avatar
    Length
    SL 07/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

There is a diagnostic article for protein or moisture needs here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=44
    I used both Emergencee and K-pak protein treatments. The treatments over time make your hair stronger if your hair likes protein. If not, your hair will break and feel brittle so be careful. DO NOT use these products more than once a week, your hair will break and it is not meant for that.
    I would recommend if you need a daily conditioner the Joico K-Pak Reconstructive daily conditioner, I swear by it for damage.
    As for paraben free protein treatment, I think you are imagining a product that does not yet exist/has not yet been invented, but there is always a chance.
    growwwwww..

if I tug on my hair, will it grow faster?

I have used the nexxus emergency one a long time ago. Not sure how much it helped as I eventually had to chop my hair real short =(

But don't give up hope.. I would do lots of oil soaks and continue to be super gentle..

I really liked the Redken "Anti Snap" shampoo/conditioner & leave in treatment.

Length
    16/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I am scared of braking hair aslo since I had disaster hair dye.

3 or 4 years ago my hair was fried and this hlepd me stop breakege. It was in worse conditon then now.

her eis recipie: Mix 2 egg yolks and 2 table spoons of oil called carotino wich was made of red palm oil enriched with omega 6,9 and lipoken wchich is antioxidant. i was leaving it on damp hair for 15, 2o minutes then it made hair hard so i was very gently rising with water (not to hot) ant then wash with shampoo and conditoned with moistiurazin to made hair both stronger form portein and softer form moisiurazing conditoner

be sure to put the mixture in your roots as well.

I was using it at least tree times a week. If my hair felt to much protein i was making a brake use moisture porductsand then again come back to this. Now I feel like i will have to do it also on my hair but i hate the consistency and the fact that is yolk. But it really does wonders so I have to take it.
    Lady Safira of the Sussurous Shifting Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!