Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Wear To Bed?

Under the mountains and ever changing clouds.
    Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Default What Do You Wear To Bed?

It seems that most members here braid their hair or otherwise "put it away" before bed to prevent tangles.

I was wondering what people use to secure their braids or other 'dos as I would assume that elastics would cause at least some breakage. Scrunchies, scarves, ribbons or loose with silk pillow cases -- I would love to here your preferences and advice!

So, what do you use?

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Default Re: What Do You Wear To Bed?

*hear. <smh> It's early, yet.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I wear my hair loose unless I've just washed it, in which case I braid it wet, without combing or brushing, and use nothing to secure the braid.

I feel it's more damaging to my hair to have something securing it while I sleep.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29372&dateline=127544  1604

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Haha.... I thought you were asking about nighties and PJ's.........
    Have only had one cup of coffee.....
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Aha! jane53 that makes so much sense, thank you.

Due to the aversion the hair gurus here seem to have against the elastics, I couldn't figure out how they were keep the braids in. It never occurred to me that they were simply not securing them!

Do you find that your hair comes stays fairly secure while you sleep? And, if it's not prying too much, are you a toss & turn kind of sleeper or do you tend to stay generally in one spot?

Thanks again for your input!

I bun it with an elastic, or if I'm going somewhere let it loose so it stays straight for the next day.

I'm really thinking of getting a silk cap or something for it, I have some loose bits of satin material lying around so if I'm not too lazy might make something

Oh and I use a satin pillow case, I got used to it so much that whenever I sleep on normal pillowcases I can almost feel my hair rubbing and damaging against the rough fabric, but thats probably just me being paranoid

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Mercy. My typos are taking over almost completely. Sorry to those trying to make sense of my posts! I'm going to put my responses on pause until my brain is awake enough to function properly.

marikamt, that might a worthwhile off topic thread, it brought you in here after all.

Rodent Of Unusual Size Capybara's Avatar
    Length
    chin/BCL/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I too thought this was about what we wear for clothing ..

If I want braid waves, I braid it and will secure it with a metal-free elastic. I don't braid all the way down, the tassel is about half a foot long.

If I want bun waves, I'll put it in a top knot (bee-butt, usually) and secure with a scrunchie or small clip.

Otherwise, if I want it straight, I'll sleep with it loose, or make a looser top knot and not secure it with anything.

Welcome to LHC, by the way!
    I feel like a longhair again! Retire Your Ruler for 90 Days!

Length
    apl/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I usually braid my hair and secure them with a big and soft elastic, or I make a high ponytail with a cotton large band if I want staight hair the next week.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrra View Post
    Oh and I use a satin pillow case, I got used to it so much that whenever I sleep on normal pillowcases I can almost feel my hair rubbing and damaging against the rough fabric, but thats probably just me being paranoid
    I'm going to have to research the benefits of silk pillow cases vs. high thread count cotton. If it makes that big of a difference, I'd be willing to give it a try.

It would have to be a pretty dramatic results, though. Silk feels really, really weird on my skin -- I absolutely cannot imagine sleeping on it. Just the thought of having it on my face all night gives me the heebie-jeebies!
    Last edited by Aurantia; June 12th, 2010 at 07:46 AM.