Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want my hair to grow to the middle of my back..?

Length
    22/24/27
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default I want my hair to grow to the middle of my back..?

How many more inches do you think it'll have to grow to reach the middle of my back?

And two really random questions:
    1. Does my hair looked damaged? (B/c I straighten it alot.)
    2. Does it look greasy/oily? (It's second-day hair so I was j/w.)
    Thanks (:

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

If you want to know how many inches you'll have to grow, I think it is best you measure it yourself. I did it this way: I wrapped a little cord around my waist so I could see exactly where it is and then just measure it.
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

It is easiest to measure it yourself.

Damaged? Hard to tell. Since your hair is relatively short, a lot of damage that might be there probably doesn't show so much. I think it's fair to say, though, that if you keep straightening it, then it will be damaged and it will show badly when it gets longer.

Greasy? Nah. Doesn't look greasy in that picture.

September 2013 - waist length (though not on its best day!)
    Back to the LHC regime, let's finally get past waist length!
    ~ Lady Tyche of the Blessed Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Length
    15"/16"/32"
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I think measure yourself too. And again, as for damage it is hard to tell from a photo at a distance. And one more thing...throw that straightening iron away (if that is what you use), they are , and hard to give up too when you get so used to relying on them. I really destroyed my hair with only occational use. Your hair looks stick straight to me in that photo anyway...........is that after you have straightened it?
    Damage cut off. Length to top of shoulders - 5/2/11.
    GOALS: Collar bone. Freckle on my chest. Armpit length. Bra Strap.

Length
    n/a/37"/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

You have already got good answers on your questions, so I'm just going to say that your hair looks good in the picture. If you want some suggestions about how to straighten your hair without heat, check this thread.

1c/2a/F/ii, current length 37"
    BCL (37") reached! Next minigoal: TBL (40"). Final goal: Terminal

Length
    BSL/waist/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by April1 View Post
    I think measure yourself too. And again, as for damage it is hard to tell from a photo at a distance. And one more thing...throw that straightening iron away (if that is what you use), they are , and hard to give up too when you get so used to relying on them. I really destroyed my hair with only occational use. Your hair looks stick straight to me in that photo anyway...........is that after you have straightened it?

I agree with tossing the straightening iron...your hair may not be showing damage from it now, but it will start splitting and breaking at some point. A ceramic iron (straightening or curling) gets super hot and destroys your hair.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I can't tell from where I'm sitting whether or not it's damaged, but my guess would be yes; straightening is hard on hair. It looks like you need about 5 inches more growth to get to mid back.

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Another reason it can be hard to tell damage is that if you're using certain products (heavy silicones or similar) they may be masking the damage that's actually in the hair.

And greasy... oily... they often just show up as shine unless it's really bad. (A touch of oil isn't really bad anyway...)

I would also say measure yourself... what I consider 'mid-back' may not be what YOU consider mid-back.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Many members here wash only once a week, some never (check the NW aka no water thread for more info!) Your hair doesn't look greasy at all, hair doesn't need to be washed every day. Some might, but that's just what they have found to work best for them. Try to stretch it out and see how long you can go, maybe over a weekend where appearance isn't as vital as say, during the school week. Summer is also coming so you'll have plenty of time to adjust and find a routine that works well for you

If you want long, HEALTHY hair, you do need to stop straightening it and embrace your natural curl. Straightening and blowdrying does damage your hair an awful lot with consistent use. There are tons of threads on here for curly hair, just surf through the Main Forum and you'll probably find what you're looking for. HTH and welcome to LHC
    Last edited by kwaniesiam; May 11th, 2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    22/24/27
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

Soo.. is it damaging to straighten my hair 3x a week ?