Thread: How long does it take?

Length
    15"/24"/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default How long does it take?

I have been reading a lot about hair health and nutrition. It makes perfect sense to me that my hair would reflect the overall state of my health or how well I am caring for myself. That said, I have not been doing this and thus my hair reflects this lack. My question is, how long will it take to see a change in my hair? Will I have to snip away at the dull lifeless strands or will they revive with good nutrition, haircare, etc.? I would really appreciate some input. Thanks

Length
    15"/24"/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: How long does it take?

Nothing?? No advice to give?

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I can't help!

I don't eat healthily, but I AM healthy, and my hair is long and healthy.

I'm a nutritionist's worse nightmare.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

They will revive, although it may take a couple of months for you to see it. As you improve your nutrition, water intake, etc, also do a few deep treatments, which give a more immediate (but temporary) lift.

Type
    1a/M/ii

As far as I know, the changes will only effect the new growth, and there will be no effect on the hair that grew before you made the changes.
    But look at the bright side - all the hair that grows from now on will be much healthier
    Also, you can baby the "before changes" hair and care for it and protect it more to make sure it's in the best condition it can be, it can really make a difference...

Quote Originally Posted by fairytalegirl View Post
    I have been reading a lot about hair health and nutrition. It makes perfect sense to me that my hair would reflect the overall state of my health or how well I am caring for myself. That said, I have not been doing this and thus my hair reflects this lack. My question is, how long will it take to see a change in my hair? Will I have to snip away at the dull lifeless strands or will they revive with good nutrition, haircare, etc.? I would really appreciate some input. Thanks
    I'd say about 6 weeks at least to see the new hair growing in. That hair should be healthier if you improve your diet and/or take a supplement.

The hair you already have can be improved..but nothing you eat will change whats already dead. Treatments, proper care, products will improve the look. strength and feel of your hair overall.

Good luck and remember it can only get better from here!

Length
    15"/24"/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I am on the path to long, lustrous hair.