Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tumble Stones for Hair

Default Tumble Stones for Hair

Sorry Mods I wasnt sure where to put this one!

Im interested to find some stones I can carry, or put on a photograph that helps hair regrowth.

Iv looked on one website and it says Amethyst is good for hair, but would something like bloodstone be as good?

Has anyone else used these methods? Iv used it for other things but never my hair.

Iv looked in some of the books I have but they really dont mention it.

Length
    Pixie/SL/BSL
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Default Re: Tumble Stones for Hair

I'v used metaphysical stones in other ways, but never for my hair, I'll have to try that out! But I found a couple websites that both say to use Lapis Lazuli, Agate, Aventurine, Onyx and Obsidian for hair problems. Maybe you could make a wire wrapped necklace out of these stones to wear everyday to benefit from their effects, I've personally found that's one of the most effective ways; being that it can directly influence your aura when it's on your person rather than placed on a photograph. Hth

Length
    pixie/TB/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Several years ago I was very interested in stones and the legends and lore of their metaphysical properties. I spent a lot of time researching it and created a list of healing properties associated with various stones. Here's what I had listed:

hair loss: aragonite, chalcopyrite, franklinite, galena

hair problems: agate, aventurine, lapis, onyx, obsidian

skin, nails, hair: black onyx, amber, rhodochrosite, green aventurine, rose quartz, amethyst, watermelon tourmaline, lapis, diamond

I suggest searching on ebay for the particular stones, and seeing what you like and what fits your budget. You can buy many of the stones set in a silver pendant rather inexpensively. See which ones "draw" you them (you'll think -- "oh! I like that!") and wear it against your skin. Take a bit of time to shop, though, because there will be many, many items to choose from. Using some of the stones above as a starting point, you can also do a google search of a stone name + metaphysical and you will most likely find lots of info to read.

Here's one example from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-GREEN-AVENT...item3a5af32803

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My top 3 would be rhodonite, aventurine and rose quartz.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

What a cool thread! I love gemstones and have a nice collection of them. A friend got me interested in them back in high school. This morning I bought a beautiful Aventurine pendant on Etsy: Green Aventurine Crystal Donut Pendant and Necklace

Length
    apl/uhh/term
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

I'll have to check when I get home but I'm sure (the ever awesome) Hildegard of Bingen has suggestions in one of her books.
    May as well have fun with the hair!

Length
    21/47.5/?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Interesting thread! I never thought of using crystals for healthy hair...

The ones that come to mind are violet or clear stones, aligned with the crown chakra. Hair is our crowning glory, wouldn't you say? So amethyst, fluorite, iolite or clear quartz/herkimer diamond.

Also, grounding stones like smoky quartz, obsidian, haematite (additionally, promotes the balance of iron in the body, which is very important for hair growth).

For some reason, I feel that moss agate can be helpful.

In addition to wearing crystal pendants and rings, how about crystal head-dresses and bun cages?

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cindy58 View Post
    Several years ago I was very interested in stones and the legends and lore of their metaphysical properties. I spent a lot of time researching it and created a list of healing properties associated with various stones. Here's what I had listed:

hair loss: aragonite, chalcopyrite, franklinite, galena

hair problems: agate, aventurine, lapis, onyx, obsidian

skin, nails, hair: black onyx, amber, rhodochrosite, green aventurine, rose quartz, amethyst, watermelon tourmaline, lapis, diamond

I suggest searching on ebay for the particular stones, and seeing what you like and what fits your budget. You can buy many of the stones set in a silver pendant rather inexpensively. See which ones "draw" you them (you'll think -- "oh! I like that!") and wear it against your skin. Take a bit of time to shop, though, because there will be many, many items to choose from. Using some of the stones above as a starting point, you can also do a google search of a stone name + metaphysical and you will most likely find lots of info to read.

Here's one example from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-GREEN-AVENT...item3a5af32803
    I've read good things about green aventurine. This is an interesting list. I'll have to buy me some of these stones.

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

According to my source the only crystal specifically for growing hair is Unakite. Others that have already been mentioned plus magnetite and Moldavite are good for hair health.

Length
    pixie/TB/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jel View Post
    In addition to wearing crystal pendants and rings, how about crystal head-dresses and bun cages?
    Or stones on barrettes, or topping hair sticks? I searched high and low for nice barrettes with natural stones on them, they're not easy to find. I do have a few nice Native American ones and also some with amber.