Thread: hydrogen peroxide on hair (help please!)

Length
    apl/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default hydrogen peroxide on hair (help please!)

Hi everyone
    I want to light my hair, so I used a lotion that contains hydrogen peroxide. (aqua, hydrogen peroxide, chamomilla recutita extract, bisabolol, glycerin, etidronic acid, trethanolamine, oxyquinoline sulfate)

I know that mineral elements that some henna/cassia not pure can contain, could react on dye hair and damage them.

Anyone know if, if I use impure henna/cassia, these could react on my hair because I used my lotion? Could peroxide hydrongen is considered similar to a chemical dye? I wish someone could help me, thank you in advice

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Default Re: hydrogen peroxide on hair (help please!)

If you used henna/cassia with metallic salts added, your hair might fall off, turn green, break off, dissolve, or have nothing bad happen. I would suggest testing the lotion on a little bit of hair first. (One great way to tell if your "henna/cassia" was pure or impure is if you had to mix it with a developer, ie, not water/household items, for it to work. If you had to do so, it is definitely not pure!) However, you can color over lightened hair, with impure henna and have no really bad side effects except for maybe a bit of damage, which would happen anyways.
    Fast typer.
    I have fine hair that I'm working on growing long!

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: hydrogen peroxide on hair (help please!)

Hydrogen peroxide is rather like chemical dye, and hair dyes often have it as an ingredient (particularly for lighter colors). As Fractalsofhair suggested, I think you might want to test some on a small section of hair, or on a ball of hair removed from your hairbrush. That way you can see whether there may be a bad reaction before you apply it to your head. You'll also be able to see how long to leave it on to get the color you want.

Be aware that peroxide (or just about any method of lightening hair, really, even sitting out in the sun) will damage your hair. How much depends on how much you lighten it, your hair's condition and how you treat it afterward, and the nature of your own hair. You may want to do some extra treatments to keep your hair as healthy as possible.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!