Page 2 of 1107 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair-Toy Addicts...Check In Here!

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hair-Toy Addicts...Check In Here!

Hello, my name is Ravenne, and I'm a hair toy addict.

Hair sticks, specifically, as that's all I really have. I'd love to have a Grahtoestudio Lilliputian and frankly the katana sticks are calling to me.

It started a few years ago when I ran across a hair stick site that sold absolutely gorgeous sticks with Swarovski crystals and more designs than I could imagine. They were well out of my price range, however and besides.. My hair wasn't long enough to put up with a simple stick right? That needed hair at least to your bum, right? O_O Imagine my surprise when I picked up a pair of chopsticks and figured out I *could* do it with my barely APL hair. I started looking at different hairstyles (focusing on the ones that incorporated sticks) and decided then and there to grow my hair out. Eventually I found LHC where I was exposed to genius designers like Timberstone Turnings, Grahtoestudio, and Barefoot Maiden. They were all still out of my price range though so I just sat at the computer and ogled and daydreamed. Then I realized that maybe.. I could *make* my own hair sticks. *gasp* I borrowed my mom's rotary dremmel, picked up a dowel rod and some beads from wal-mart and got to work. Since then I've been hooked on making hair sticks, but I still like to browse online and drool over the sparkles.

I like the more natural/organic designs and woods. Dymondwood is pretty but I don't think it suits my personality. Just as well since its easier to find the kind of woods that are laying around outside than buy dymondwood to work with. Just lucky for me that my personal preferences help feed my addic- *cough* I mean... hobby.

Really. I can stop making them anytime. It doesn't matter that I've bought lots of beads and findings and have reclaimed cherry wood seasoning in my dad's attic because my mother thought to save it when she went cherry-picking with a friend.. Or that I bought special tools to make sure I could carve properly. Seriously. It doesn't matter... *twitch* Nor does it matter that I've been seriously eyeballing small lathes online.. Nope. No addictions here.

Well, I'm glad you are amused, Pixna. I'm just trying to figure out how to replenish my blood iron on a diet of broth and applesauce. It appears that a single tooth isn't worth all that much but an entire set of pearly whites can fetch a down-payment on a nice designer hairstick.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tresses View Post
    Well...ok...I'll pull up a chair. But I'm only here for a friend.

Really.

And the cinnamon rolls look yummy.

:: opens a tab to etsy ::
    LOL!! Uh, yeah...right.

*Pixna hands the mic over to Tresses and ushers her to the podium*
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I bought so many drop dead gorgeous hair sticks I will have to visit swap board soon. I'm fighting not to become an addict. It is too expencive, aww!

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

I left by request
    Length
    Left/Left/Left
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Hello everyone my name is janeytilllie

I am a hair toy addict. I admit it!

I never really had pretty hair toys. I always just used bobbles or claw clips.

My hair toy addiction began in December 2008 when I joined here at the lovely LHC

I saw threads of beautiful hair toys and I was hooked.
    I needed some.....

My main weakness has to be hairsticks. Shiny hairsticks. I started with 2 hairsticks and now have 20

My beauties are stored in their own special draw.

I am trying (somewhat) to control myself and not buy more. I came up with a cunning plan. To make my own. I am now addicted to making them.

I haven't got any wooden hair forks yet. I saw one today for £5.00. I looked at it. It looked at me. I didn't get

However what's a hair toy collection without a wooden hair fork?
    One won't hurt.... It is essential I have it.

*twitch*

I have brought some chocolate to the group

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Welcome, Franny, Rags, Countryhopper, jackiesjottings, Silver & Gold, Tresses, Ravenne, juliaxena, and janeytilllie (and thank you for the chocolate!). You are among good company. It is safe here (for the moment). We've got plenty of non-addictive indulgences like coffee, doughnuts, warm cinnamon buns, and chocolate. Yeah, lots of good stuff to take our minds off our other addiction, er, hobby.

Our doors are open. Come one, come all! Who wishes to speak up next?
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by janeytilllie View Post
    Absolutely (munching on chocolate--thanks, by the way). You need to have a wooden hair fork.

Okay, I brought pizza.

Who's next?

Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

What? There are no hairsticks in the cinnamon buns?!? Outrageous. I'll just use this chopstick I'm wearing in my hair to serve myself...

My name is TiaKitty, and I don't think I have an addiction, but running around with you girls (and guys!) is what my Mama told me I shouldn't be doing...

I've just been using no-name pieces and pencils until recently, when I bought a Baerries (sp?) fork from the LHC swap board. I haven't been able to stop wearing it.

I don't think I have a problem.

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by janeytilllie View Post
    Exactly. Just the one. It's not like there's lots of pretty ones out there waiting to be bought too. Oh.. wait...

Not trying to enable in the least but, Janeytillie, take it from someone who owns and operates an official hairtoy museum. You simply must own at least one wooden hairfork in order to have the beginnings of a respectable collection.

And don't worry if your collection grows too big, or get's out of hand. Remember, "Silver & Gold's Hairtoy Museum" will always be here to accept any and all donations.