Quote Originally Posted by CraftieKittie View Post
I just used catnip on my hair for the third time. I'm not very impressed with the results. I've been trying to use catnip with WO washing. Normally I CO my hair - however in my reading the first 50 pages of this thread ktani stated over and over again that catnip does not work over conditioner. My hair is waaay too dry to use shampoo. After using catnip 2 times my hair was starting to feel kind of heavy and stiff. This time when I wet my hair - even before putting the catnip in it felt tacky. Now as it is starting to dry it is frizzy and not shiny.

Also, every time I wet my hair and comb it I lose tons of hair - more than I used to when I was just CO washing my hair. I think catnip has to be washed out every week.

Has anyone else experienced this with catnip?
So now I'm trying to decide if I want to go back to shampoo so I can continue to try catnip, or if I should try something else.
Catnip did not increase my shedding so something else may be the culprit. If you haven't already, I would try using the catnip as a leave-in after you CO-wash. That's what I've done and I've never experienced any build-up. I've been experimenting with shampoo bars for a couple of weeks now though. From my understanding, catnip won't stain hair over conditioner. If staining isn't your concern then it's worth experimenting. Perhaps once the conditioner is rinsed out, the catnip will still be able to penetrate (or coat?) the hair shaft in order to prevent split ends (I'm not really sure how/why catnip prevents splits, I thought perhaps because of an increase in moisture or something to do with the resins in the catnip). So if you don't care about staining your hair, there's no reason not to test catnip as a leave-in while waiting to see if the shedding is seasonal or otherwise temporary and unrelated.