Page 173 of 285 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by cocolover View Post
    ktani- you once mentioned that the catnip leaves a residue that can even inhibit the next use of catnip, so if I'm not washing the length with anything at all, would the catnip buildup and then not work anymore? Maybe clarifying once a month? Thanks for the responses
    You are most welcome!

Enough catnip washes out easily with conventional shampoo, from my experience, to not result in build-up, (even when a very mild conventional shampoo is used). The catnip stain does not completely wash out with each conventional shampoo.

When I used catnip as a "shampoo" and rinsed that out and applied more catnip on my hair, the treatment did not absorb as well as after my conventional shampoo, so yes, you can call it a residue.

To clarify, you should not in my opinion, need to use anything too strong.
    Last edited by ktani; August 2nd, 2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: clarification

I received a request to post a picture of the catnip brand I use, Hagen Catit Catnip Garden, once again.

I buy it locally and I buy the 1.5 oz container, which has lasted me over a year (washing my hair about once a week). The container is still half full.

There are a number of great brands of catnip out there. I like and use this one.

Length
    APL/BSL/tlb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post

Enough catnip washes out easily with conventional shampoo, from my experience, to not result in build-up, (even when a very mild conventional shampoo is used).

To clarify, you should not in my opinion, need to use anything too strong.

So the catnip would still be effective even if I am not using shampoo but only herbs on the scalp....so the only shampoo would be a clarify maybe once a month?

So the catnip would still be effective even if I am not using shampoo but only herbs on the scalp....so the only shampoo would be a clarify maybe once a month?
    I have not tried this system to be able to tell you how well it works but it apparently works well for kdaniels8811.

Length
    APL/BSL/tlb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I have not tried this system to be able to tell you how well it works but it apparently works well for kdaniels8811.

Ok, thanks for the replies....I guess it will be trial and error

Ok, thanks for the replies....I guess it will be trial and error
    On my behalf, you are most welcome!

Length
    chin/shldr/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Well, I hope to give catnip another go in a week or so when my Hagen Catit brand catnip arrives - I just never got much of a result with the stuff I tried so far. Whilst I wait, twiddle my thumbs and read this thread with continuing interest, I have another question for you ktani:

What is the significance of your directed application over two rounds, in your opinion? I sounds rather complicated to me especially compared to, say, dunking your lenth into the catnip solution until well saturated and then massaging the leftover well into the hair close to your scalp.

Did you find that such an application worked less well for you or why do you not use it? If you did notice differences in effectivity, I would be curious to hear how you explain them and whether they affected your results with colour, conditioning, or both.

Cheers,

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kazazi View Post
    Well, I hope to give catnip another go in a week or so when my Hagen Catit brand catnip arrives - I just never got much of a result with the stuff I tried so far. Whilst I wait, twiddle my thumbs and read this thread with continuing interest, I have another question for you ktani:

What is the significance of your directed application over two rounds, in your opinion? I sounds rather complicated to me especially compared to, say, dunking your lenth into the catnip solution until well saturated and then massaging the leftover well into the hair close to your scalp.

Did you find that such an application worked less well for you or why do you not use it? If you did notice differences in effectivity, I would be curious to hear how you explain them and whether they affected your results with colour, conditioning, or both.

Cheers,

Kaz
    I have never tried the dunking application. Thought about it though. I am using it to cover my grey/white and condition but not have my hair get too "piecey" or separate. I like to control the amount of catnip on my length.

My hair is thin and mostly fine. Catnip gives me great volume, but too much on my length can, the few times it has happened, made my hair "piecey".
    Last edited by ktani; August 3rd, 2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: punctuation

Length
    chin/shldr/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Ah, thanks (and another superfast response, you rock!). I will continue to dunk when my new catnip arrives then, as piecyness has so far not been a problem for my hair. If I get it with the new catnip, I will certainly try your directed application.

Cheers,

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kazazi View Post
    Ah, thanks (and another superfast response, you rock!). I will continue to dunk when my new catnip arrives then, as piecyness has so far not been a problem for my hair. If I get it with the new catnip, I will certainly try your directed application.

Cheers,

Kaz
    My pleasure and thank you for the compliment!