Page 272 of 285 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

When I woke up this morning, my hair was still a bit damp from the catnip spray I put in last night. I didn't notice much difference in my hair yet. I have been battling greasy roots and a dry length since the change of season.

Veryhairyfairy, do you spray catnip on your dry hair daily, or just post-wash dry hair? I am hoping multiple applications would help with my split ends.
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    When I woke up this morning, my hair was still a bit damp from the catnip spray I put in last night. I didn't notice much difference in my hair yet. I have been battling greasy roots and a dry length since the change of season.

Veryhairyfairy, do you spray catnip on your dry hair daily, or just post-wash dry hair? I am hoping multiple applications would help with my split ends.
    I just use it as a styling spray every morning instead of the plain water I used to use. The only big difference I notice in my healthy hair is increased shine, so if yours is in good shape it might not be as awesome as it is for my damaged ends.
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient

Ok I need to try tjis. So I need to go to the pet store and buy loose catnip. Then I put a tablespoon full in a mug of water hot but not boiling let it steep covered about an hour. Wash my hair apply let sit for an hour then I can apply conditioner let sit a few more minutes then rinse? I am hoping it will stain my grays. If I put 2 tablespoons in two mugs of water amount in a glass bowl I have will this will work too? I do have a basin ao I was hoping to put my head over that and really soak the ends and pour it over my scalp to soak it good for staining of grays. Does this sound like a good plan? Will my hair pick up an odd sent from this? I only wash my hair once a week could I do this weekly in this order and will it work, or does it need to be more often?

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by veryhairyfairy View Post
    I just use it as a styling spray every morning instead of the plain water I used to use. The only big difference I notice in my healthy hair is increased shine, so if yours is in good shape it might not be as awesome as it is for my damaged ends.
    What a great idea to use it as a styling spray! I never would have thought to use catnip spray in that way. I've also been battling shorter stray hairs around my hairline that enjoy sticking up in every direction.

I have tried aloe gel as a styling aid, and it makes my hair super crunchy, even after washing it out. I hope catnip can be a better alternative for me.
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

I saw some catnip essential oil on amazon. If i add some in my conditioner, would that give me the benefits? How much should i add?

Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    What a great idea to use it as a styling spray! I never would have thought to use catnip spray in that way. I've also been battling shorter stray hairs around my hairline that enjoy sticking up in every direction.

I have tried aloe gel as a styling aid, and it makes my hair super crunchy, even after washing it out. I hope catnip can be a better alternative for me.
    It was a revelation for me because my hair is just always flyaway, and the tea has a little tiny bit of holding/setting power. It's perfect for those of us who hate the feeling of styling products but want to tame the mane lol.

Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by emelnd View Post
    I saw some catnip essential oil on amazon. If i add some in my conditioner, would that give me the benefits? How much should i add?
    You know, I don't think we've had very many (if any at all) members use the essential oil and report back, so I couldn't say.

I do know that much of catnip tea's conditioning properties are attributed to it's volatile essential oils, so it's not entirely crazy that the essential oil could have a similar effect.

Here I am too cheap/broke to try it, though, so hopefully someone else will try it someday and give us the scoop!

If i end up trying it, I will report back.

I was unemployed for some time so I know how it is

(hug)

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I got some catnip at Target today. I planned on getting it at Petsmart but it's snowing a lot here and I didn't want to go to multiple shops today. It's organic so hopefully it will still be good! First, I plan on clarifying my hair & then doing a catnip soak like instructed. Then after that, I plan on using a catnip soak as a pre poo...hopefully that will still work! I just don't think washing my hair, then sitting with catnip in my hair for an hour, then rinsing my hair and putting on conditioner will be practical for me every time. I don't like getting in and out of the shower, and I also don't like rinsing/washing my hair in the sink. Doing a pre poo soak would just be easier for me.

Current:
    43" Goal: 45"
    Starting: MBL l WL l HIP l BCL l TBL l 1st Goal: CLl 2nd Goal: FTL

Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I'd be interested to hear how your pre-poo with catnip tea works out, THW. I think I've tried to post-shampoo catnip soak ONCE and I hated it so much that I never did it again! I just can't stand being wet and drippy for so long, and then having to get back in the shower and get all nuded up and whatnot.

If you don't like the pre-poo results, you could always give the tea a chance to be your mister bottle solution. I seriously love it more and more as I use it!

Quote Originally Posted by emelnd View Post
    If i end up trying it, I will report back.

I was unemployed for some time so I know how it is

(hug)
    How sweet, thank you!