Page 262 of 285 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Hi all
    I have been using catnip as a misting spray/leave in spray when my hair is dry.
    I CWC, what is the best way to use the catnip to get the conditioning properties (no splits)?
    I'd prefer not to wait around for ages but am open to suggestions.

I have read this thread but am still a tad unsure as to the best method!
    Can it be done weekly as a special treatment or all the time?
    At BSL, Goal: Waist
    ]
    APL, BSL, MBL (by Dec-2013), Waist and beyond...

Type
    1b/F/ii

Edit: just tried out another method
    I'd done a coconut/castor oil all over hair oiling, shampooed, put the catnip all over my hair, showercapped it for 10 minutes, rinsed and applied conditioner to ends.

The feeling after rinsing the catnip was AMAZING!! I was shocked how silky it felt with no conditioner!
    At BSL, Goal: Waist
    ]
    APL, BSL, MBL (by Dec-2013), Waist and beyond...

Length
    28/44/40
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I’m trying ktani method. Making catnip (from a pet store, she says it’s fresher) tea:
    1 tsp of catnip to 250 or 300 ml boiling water. Steep for 30 min and then strain out the catnip and let cool. Apply to shampoo washed hair, put up and use a heat cap for 30 min. Then rinse (may use conditioner if needed).
    She said that it would take some time like a month or two to get to the point when you don’t need a conditioner afterwards. She also recommends doing this treatment every time you wash or two times a week (and only on shampoo washed hair, she says conditioner will block the hair shaft from catnip tea).
    Last edited by Leeloo; August 9th, 2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: I wrote heat cat instead of heat cap

Lady Leeloo Minai, Keeper of the Fifth Key, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a-M-iiCL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-ClassicDrop by drop fills the tub” - Proverb

Type
    1c/F/ii

Catnip sounds interesting, I think I will add this to my list of things I want to try!

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I was perusing the pet store aisles for a little treat for my cat (chose a catnip stuffed mouse) and thought of purchasing some cat nip for myself. I didn't as I had yet to read up on how I'd go about it, but maybe next time I pop to the pet shop I may treat msyelf to as the results sound good and the method rather simple

Length
    CB/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Has anyone tried using castor oil with their catnip tea? I've never used either in my hair but I've read up on both of them and have been wondering if they would work well together to condition and grow my hair, keeping away splits?

Idon't really want the color, but I know with henna the effects come with the color so is it the same with catnip? I use a henna indigo mix resulting in a reddish brown...don't want any yellow added to that! Especially if it has a possibility of mixing with the indigo to make green... Anyone know?

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I'm going to give catnip tea a try for the first time today. My hair has been really dry lately so I'm hoping it helps combat the dryness. Also I've been micro-trimming for the past four months, which has thickened up my ends, but I'm still getting too many splits. I really want to leave it untrimmed until at least November to get a little bit of length, so hopefully the catnip will strengthen my hair.

Also after two years of eye-rolling at all the strange things I do to my hair, my non-LHC flatmate has decided to join me in this experiment to see if it helps with her split ends.

Looking forward to seeing what the results are!

Length
    ?/30"/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/i/ii

I want to give catnip a try as soon as I can get to a pet store. Cant wait!!!

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I am on month 3 without conditioner with catnip tea soaks after shampooing. I also put baby oil on the ends after shampooing and at night before bunning. I am VERY happy with this routine. I have fewer splits (when i wore my hair up all the time I had none. Now I have a few because I have had it down a lot this summer) and love how it looks. And I am gaining length, finally.

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

It absolutely does not. I CO most of the time. I consistently use catnip rinses as a leave in after COing and doing an ACV rinse. The few times I have run out of catnip I have noticed an immediate increase in the number of split ends I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
    I’m trying ktani method. Making catnip (from a pet store, she says it’s fresher) tea:
    1 tsp of catnip to 250 or 300 ml boiling water. Steep for 30 min and then strain out the catnip and let cool. Apply to shampoo washed hair, put up and use a heat cap for 30 min. Then rinse (may use conditioner if needed).
    She said that it would take some time like a month or two to get to the point when you don’t need a conditioner afterwards. She also recommends doing this treatment every time you wash or two times a week (and only on shampoo washed hair, she says conditioner will block the hair shaft from catnip tea).
    Change is the only constant.