Page 44 of 285 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I tried this for the first time yesterday: 1 tbsp dried catnip in 1 quart of boiled water until it cooled, then strained the catnip out and soaked my hair in it, shower cap, angora hat for heat, left in 1-1/2 hours, then rinsed out. Wow! I didn't use any conditioner, but my hair was so easy to comb out afterwards, and the shine is outstanding.
    I wondered about your proportions. It is about 3 x what I use, only more water. You have a lot more hair than I do.

I am pleased for you that you like it.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Lucky for me; I've got catnip growing all over the place in my flower beds. I planted 2 little sprigs 2-3 years ago on the west side of my house next to the fence, and now it's everywhere, and I do mean EVERYWHERE. I'm certainly going to be using it. Just think of the money I can save by not buying conditioner.

Lucky for me; I've got catnip growing all over the place in my flower beds. I planted 2 little sprigs 2-3 years ago on the west side of my house next to the fence, and now it's everywhere, and I do mean EVERYWHERE. I'm certainly going to be using it. Just think of the money I can save by not buying conditioner.
    Use the flowers and the leaves. The flowers contain more of the oils. I look forward to your continued results. I think that you will find split ends reduced or possibly gone, not the ones you already have, but new ones.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Use the flowers and the leaves.
    That's exactly what I did. The flower spikes were about 2 inches long, so I had quite a bit of that. I am so impressed with my results after only one try and will thank you forever.

That's exactly what I did. The flower spikes were about 2 inches long, so I had quite a bit of that. I am so impressed with my results after only one try and will thank you forever.
    You are most welcome. One step at a time, lol.

In the winter I adjust the dilution a bit and prefer a touch more water. I also find that playing with the dilution cuts down on static from indoor heat. Everyone will find that to be different, depending on their environment and heating, humidifying systems.

Length
    12/24/Termi
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

I've read most of this thread, but still feel some questions......perhaps one of you w/ experience might answer?

That would be great!

I have dark blonde, nearly golden brown hair w/ silver threads and streaks at the ears and over my right forhead.

If I do the catnip w/ the bagging and all, will those silver areas turn yellow?

And is it mandatory to do clarify shampooing along the way? I've been COing for quite a while now and shampoo only when forced to it.

And when applying the catnip tea to my skin, must I rinse it away afterward?

Thank you so much!

sky
    Lady Boudicca of the Flaming Tartan
    in the Order of
    The Long-Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    I've read most of this thread, but still feel some questions......perhaps one of you w/ experience might answer?

That would be great!

I have dark blonde, nearly golden brown hair w/ silver threads and streaks at the ears and over my right forhead.

If I do the catnip w/ the bagging and all, will those silver areas turn yellow?

And is it mandatory to do clarify shampooing along the way? I've been COing for quite a while now and shampoo only when forced to it.

And when applying the catnip tea to my skin, must I rinse it away afterward?

Thank you so much!

sky
    Do you want to colour the silver? If so catnip will colour them light blonde.
    However, catnip does not do well over conditioner. It is a barrier to the catnip staining and conditioning the hair well.

I do not clarify. My shampoo is designed to remove residue but it is not harsh and is not a clarifying shampoo.

I suggest a mild shampoo and catnip if you wish to try this. You can always use a bit of conditioner to follow. Catnip washes out easily enough and I have not had build-up from it.

Length
    22/29/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Hi Spidermom, isn't it amazing. I love catnip.

Ktani, Thank you. I will shampoo with the bar tonight and try the catnip after the vinegar rinse. I always get lazy and got go sleep with it then have to rinse in the morning lol. maybe i won't wait so late tonight.
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” -Jack Handy

Length
    22/29/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Hi Sky,
    I know Ktani answered but I will answer too

I have always rinsed catnip off my face but I have left it on for an hour and really have not noticed that much difference. I think the dilutiuon matters more.

I have some gray roots and I just noticed today they do not seem as silvery, they don;t really look blonde to me but they dont look the bright silver they were before catnip, they blend better.( I actauly like my silvers and I henna anyway so they turn copper )
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” -Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Suldrun View Post
    Hi Spidermom, isn't it amazing. I love catnip.

Ktani, Thank you. I will shampoo with the bar tonight and try the catnip after the vinegar rinse. I always get lazy and got go sleep with it then have to rinse in the morning lol. maybe i won't wait so late tonight.
    You are most welcome.