Page 281 of 285 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    SL/33/50
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

I was doing experiments with marshmallow root. It turns out my scalp does not like it, so I switched to catnip.

I did 1 tsp to 300ml. Let it cool.
    Washed with poo bar and did a vinegar rinse.
    Let the catnip set for 2+ hours (aiming for 1 hours but kids) and rinse out.

My hair has always been a tangly mess while wet. I got great results with MMR, but that was only once dried. I did not try to detangle, but I could separate my hair enough to braid it.
    I'm use to my hair drying faster with the vinegar rinse, but I am certain catnip cut another hour off my time.
    Fairly certain there is more wave. It is also fluffy (fly-a-ways everywhere!!!), but it does not seem to have the same volume that MMR has. Or at least it compacts well when in a bun. MMR did not stay compacted.
    While drying, the ends felt crunchy. Now they feel soft but slightly different texture.
    It is shiny, but not quite as much as MMR.
    I have not done a full detangle, but it is decent. It does not coat like MMR, so I can feel a difference while detangling. I have to be more careful. I'll be interested in seeing how it changes as I use it more.

(still damp photo from this morning)

Next time will be 1 tsp to 275ml.

ETA - I had 2 pimples hiding in my hair (nape and forehead area) that just would not go away. I can feel a pump along my nape where it was, but I can't even feel were the one on my forehead was at.... and it was painful to touch just yesterday! It was not quite the miracle worker for the one on my neck, which did not get saturated and soaked for several hours, but I'm going to keep using it.
    Last edited by Rushli; November 15th, 2017 at 05:29 PM.

June 2022 chopped back to WL (33”)
    Fixing autoimmune issues, insulin resistance, mental health and inflammation with the bonus of losing 80 pounds (60+ to go) and growing stronger hair and nails.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I’ve been using the catnip spray that I bought my cat (cat didn’t like the spray) for the past 2 months. I snipped off all the splits I had before starting, and I haven’t got a single split since. Catnip really works! I was skeptical at first, but I am really seeing results
    Pixie->TBL(current)->FTL(goal)

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LeonineMane View Post
    Has anyone tried catnip essential oil? Any thoughts on if I could use this on its own to oil my ends or if it would be a bad idea (cause dryness/ build up/ need mixed in a carrier oil)?
    I'm not sure if it would have the same benefits as the tea rinse for split ends but I would assume it does, I can't find any info on the oil being used on its own!
    I have been using a catnip spray (water + catnip oil + emulsifiers), and my ends have never been less un-split. It works!
    Pixie->TBL(current)->FTL(goal)

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Beeboo123 View Post
    I have been using a catnip spray (water + catnip oil + emulsifiers), and my ends have never been less un-split. It works!
    Oh my this double negative got me a mental workout I bought some catnip I'm excited to try it out tonight

24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34

Length
    Pixie/95cm/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Is catnip to harsh to make a paste like with cassia or henna? I want a longer effect but dont want to burn my scalp:/

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Bumping this thread to remind myself to do a rinse soon!

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL

I wish I could use it. I tried it twice and both times I itched like mad and scratched like a hound. Truly YMMV. Just my experience with it .Glad it's working for you guys and gals! Carry on!

Length
    ~bsl/ftip/knee?
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

I should try this along with my nettle rinse, I have so much volunteer catnip growing in my yard, more than my cats can use lol!

Length
    BSL/WL-HL/BCL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Tried this as a leave-in on sunday.
    I usually spray a mist on my hear after shampoo and conditioner and then apply OGX argan oil. This time I used catnip mist with OGX. Hair feel smooth and silky without frizz or tangles. I am not very sure if the improvement is due to catnip tea or general improvement in condition of my hair after joining LHC. Guess I need to use it longer to be sure.

Really want to see if this helps with split ends though.

Length
    1 in/23 in/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Has anyone tried to infuse catnip in oil?