Page 278 of 284 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 2840

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    17/42.5/44
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

I wonder if catmint does the same. We have nepeta x faassenii, which the cats love (neither are that fussed about catnip itself, probably because it's difficult to get it fresh here) and since its related to catnip, I wonder if I can use it for my hair too.
    Lady Tigereye, Keeper of the Striped Shadows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

So lately I've been using catnip rinses and I have to say, I LOVE THEM. They are the only thing that keeps my hair soft, shiny and moisturized. For my hair type and porosity (low) it's hard to find products to make it shiny without buildup, but this is my holy grail. I wash my hair every other day and use this in place of conditioner. Ktani's original recipe was a little too astringent for me so I now use 400 ml water (2 cups) to 1 tsp catnip. I also add rosemary and parsley. So far I'm loving that I am now making all of my hair products myself. I plan on playing more with dilution and ingredients in the future.

Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by likelikepenny View Post
    So lately I've been using catnip rinses and I have to say, I LOVE THEM. They are the only thing that keeps my hair soft, shiny and moisturized. For my hair type and porosity (low) it's hard to find products to make it shiny without buildup, but this is my holy grail. I wash my hair every other day and use this in place of conditioner. Ktani's original recipe was a little too astringent for me so I now use 400 ml water (2 cups) to 1 tsp catnip. I also add rosemary and parsley. So far I'm loving that I am now making all of my hair products myself. I plan on playing more with dilution and ingredients in the future.
    I also have low porosity hair with similar problems with build up. Almost everything builds up on my hair! There is a tea blend I like to use occasionally that has catnip in it...always makes my hair soft...you've rekindled my interest in trying catnip by itself!

Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CoveredByLove View Post
    I also have low porosity hair with similar problems with build up. Almost everything builds up on my hair! There is a tea blend I like to use occasionally that has catnip in it...always makes my hair soft...you've rekindled my interest in trying catnip by itself!
    I'm very interested in your tea blend as I'm always looking for new ways to improve. What do you add to it, if I may ask?

Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by likelikepenny View Post
    I'm very interested in your tea blend as I'm always looking for new ways to improve. What do you add to it, if I may ask?
    Sorry, I just saw your reply!
    Ive been using a tea blend made by Celestial called "Tension Tamer". Here are the ingredients: eleuthero, peppermint, cinnamon, ginger, chamomile, lemongrass, licorice, catnip, natural lemon flavor, hops, vitamins B6 & B12. I love this tea. It has a tingly/refreshing sensation on the scalp and I don't need additional conditioner.

I just tried straight, pure catnip tea on my hair for the first time. I bought it in tea bags. Each tea bag had approx 2 tsp of tea. So I steeped it in 16 oz for 30 minutes, to keep the dilution correct. I didn't use any conditioner. I poured all of it over my scalp and hair, gently squeezed out excess and left it in. My hair is now completely dried and CRAZY curly right now! I LOVE it!!! And it's super soft too, like a lot of other people reported.

In comparison to the tea blend I was using, pure catnip makes my hair curlier (which makes me happy). The tea blend has a more smoothing effect. My best guess is because chamomile and some of the other herbs contain resins and build up on my hair. (But my hair is very build up prone to start with)

I'm looking forward to seeing how pure catnip tea does for me long term!
    Last edited by CoveredByLove; January 19th, 2017 at 08:13 PM.

Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CoveredByLove View Post
    Sorry, I just saw your reply!
    Ive been using a tea blend made by Celestial called "Tension Tamer". Here are the ingredients: eleuthero, peppermint, cinnamon, ginger, chamomile, lemongrass, licorice, catnip, natural lemon flavor, hops, vitamins B6 & B12. I love this tea. It has a tingly/refreshing sensation on the scalp and I don't need additional conditioner.

I just tried straight, pure catnip tea on my hair for the first time. I bought it in tea bags. Each tea bag had approx 2 tsp of tea. So I steeped it in 16 oz for 30 minutes, to keep the dilution correct. I didn't use any conditioner. I poured all of it over my scalp and hair, gently squeezed out excess and left it in. My hair is now completely dried and CRAZY curly right now! I LOVE it!!! And it's super soft too, like a lot of other people reported.

In comparison to the tea blend I was using, pure catnip makes my hair curlier (which makes me happy). The tea blend has a more smoothing effect. My best guess is because chamomile and some of the other herbs contain resins and build up on my hair. (But my hair is very build up prone to start with)

I'm looking forward to seeing how pure catnip tea does for me long term!
    I'm really interested in trying this tea blend now! I love the brand and my hair loves peppermint and chamomile as well as catnip. Definitely gonna check amazon and see if I can get one day shipping

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

This sounds interesting. I have some dried catnip I grew last year so I'll have to try it next time I wash. Would love to get more curls and softness without buildup

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I want to try this but im SO lazy.... Can you make a large batch and use it slowly over a period of a month or so?

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I wouldn't unless you freeze it. Tea usually only stays good for a few days.

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Bahhhh. *sleeps on couch for 3 days straight*

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.