Page 225 of 284 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2840

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    33/33/class
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

So ACV is not needed after poo bar if I use catnip?
    Lady Grainne
    Handmaiden to the Goddess Morrigan
    In the Order of the Long Haired Nights

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Ok, weird question that I think I've got answered before, but now I can't find it and I'm being a space cadet....

I know the catnip will not cure the split ends I already have. But if the hair is damaged already, just not split or white dotted, is the catnip going to help with that - or help keep the ends from resplitting once I cut the splits off?

Tho I'm tempted to just start nipping my hair on a weekly basis and attempt to stop with these blasted split end hunts that don't get me anywhere because I can't see the stupid split ends..... I know they are there, I can feel the velcro in my hair. I just can't find them with my eyes and I'm not randomly chopping hair on the back of my head yet.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcast View Post
    Hmm Good idea. Maybe I'll do an experiment, Fresh vs. Dried (buds included) Thanks Ktani!
    My pleasure! You can dry catnip for later use too.

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniels8811 View Post
    Deviantkitten - you have it exactly right. I left it on for a half hour or so and rinsed afterwards. This soak does wonders for easily broken hair and split ends. I swear by it. And you can splash the rest of the tea on your face, it does wonders for skin, too. I wonder who thought of this in the first place, I am very grateful! Good luck.
    It was originally tried by others for conditioning but not the way I use it and no one tried it previously on skin here that I am aware of, nor was using catnip to stain hair or cover grey/white hair previously mentioned. When I researched catnip I found references to it producing a light yellow dye. That was what I wanted it for too. Split ends and their reduction or prevention were never mentioned by others. I just got stubborn and persisted with experimentation to get unadulterated catnip to work for me and no split ends was a result. I just wanted to be able to use catnip as a colour/conditioner with nothing else necessary, following shampoo.
    Last edited by ktani; March 30th, 2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Ok, weird question that I think I've got answered before, but now I can't find it and I'm being a space cadet....

I know the catnip will not cure the split ends I already have. But if the hair is damaged already, just not split or white dotted, is the catnip going to help with that - or help keep the ends from resplitting once I cut the splits off?

Tho I'm tempted to just start nipping my hair on a weekly basis and attempt to stop with these blasted split end hunts that don't get me anywhere because I can't see the stupid split ends..... I know they are there, I can feel the velcro in my hair. I just can't find them with my eyes and I'm not randomly chopping hair on the back of my head yet.
    Velcro ends does not automatically mean split ends. It can mean build-up. I do not think that you need to start chopping.

If you cannot see split ends that to me means they are probably not there.

Try clarifying your hair. Nothing drastic. Use a shampoo for normal hair.

Catnip can from my experience strengthens and balances hair and the breakage I still get, which is minimal, does not result in splits.
    Last edited by ktani; March 30th, 2010 at 09:22 PM.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Velcro ends does not automatically mean split ends. It can mean build-up. I do not think that you need to start chopping.

If you cannot see split ends that to me means they are probably not there.
    See, I use normal shampoo every wash because my hair doesn't like shampoo bars I've tried and I've just not gotten around to trying anything else. So I'm back on dilute shampoo.

For me, it's that I can't focus on an individual strand of hair enough to see the splits well - plus my hair in back isn't long enough for me to see either.

So I think I'll just get on board with frequent nipping and use Nightshade's method to grow out damaged hair.

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    See, I use normal shampoo every wash because my hair doesn't like shampoo bars I've tried and I've just not gotten around to trying anything else. So I'm back on dilute shampoo.

For me, it's that I can't focus on an individual strand of hair enough to see the splits well - plus my hair in back isn't long enough for me to see either.

So I think I'll just get on board with frequent nipping and use Nightshade's method to grow out damaged hair.
    Sounds like a plan!

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal

Quote Originally Posted by kurlylox View Post
    Absolutely. It looks great to me!

Length
    24/28/waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

So, I did a one hour catnip rinse two days ago and my hair still isn't feeling greasy. That's a looong time for me. Is this just a coincidence or is it one of the side effects of catnip I wasn't aware of?

And a little question: How much is a US teaspoon in grams? I used 4-5 grams, but that seemed to be the same volume as two tea bags, not really the less is more option I had in my mind.