Page 224 of 284 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2840

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

  1. #2231
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcast View Post
    Okay, question:
    I have a Catnip Plant, should I pick leaves and let them dry before making the tea or is it better if they are fresh?
    I have never used fresh but I think you can use either. I would also use the buds.

  2. #2232
    Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Jersey
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,719
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Tried a catnip leave-in rinse for the first time a couple days ago, and couldn't believe how soft it left my hair! Gonna make this part of my regular routine, I'm really looking forward to having long healthy hair (when it finally grows back out!)

    RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

  3. #2233
    Member Stormcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A mountain hobbit hole
    Posts
    182
    Length
    Chin!/Shoul/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I have never used fresh but I think you can use either. I would also use the buds.
    Hmm Good idea. Maybe I'll do an experiment, Fresh vs. Dried (buds included) Thanks Ktani!
    Lady Eilistraee, Dark Maiden of the Song in the order of Long-Haired Knights!

  4. #2234
    Member deviantkitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Army base in Germany
    Age
    40
    Posts
    558
    Length
    33/33/class
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Here are my plans for catnip. I have never tried it before. Can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with it?
    - wash hair with poo bar
    -ACV rinse
    -gather semi damp- not sopping, maybe towel dried- hair into a ponyail
    -dunk length in tea until well soaked
    -bag and leave on for an amount of time- not sure how long yet, please advise!
    -rinse out with water -not sure if I rinse it out or not either, so please let me know

    Well, do you think this will work? I have read so many ways of using catnip, it has gotten kind of confusing for me LOL
    Any tips would be appreciated!
    Lady Grainne
    Handmaiden to the Goddess Morrigan
    In the Order of the Long Haired Nights

  5. #2235
    Member kdaniels8811's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    2,028
    Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Deviantkitten - you have it exactly right. I left it on for a half hour or so and rinsed afterwards. This soak does wonders for easily broken hair and split ends. I swear by it. And you can splash the rest of the tea on your face, it does wonders for skin, too. I wonder who thought of this in the first place, I am very grateful! Good luck.
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

  6. #2236
    aka Mrs Hamfist sibiryachka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern California, where the palm tree meets the pine
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,029
    Length
    27/34/38
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by deviantkitten View Post
    Here are my plans for catnip. I have never tried it before. Can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with it?
    - wash hair with poo bar
    -ACV rinse
    -gather semi damp- not sopping, maybe towel dried- hair into a ponyail
    -dunk length in tea until well soaked
    -bag and leave on for an amount of time- not sure how long yet, please advise!
    -rinse out with water -not sure if I rinse it out or not either, so please let me know

    Well, do you think this will work? I have read so many ways of using catnip, it has gotten kind of confusing for me LOL
    Any tips would be appreciated!
    I wonder about the ACV rinse before the catnip... If I understand correctly, the ACV helps the cuticle to lie down smooth. If you want the catnip to get in under the cuticle, wouldn't that be counterproductive? On the other hand, if the point is to have the catnip coat the shaft rather than penetrate, smoothing the cuticle first would probably be just the thing.

    Sorry, I'm probably just adding to the confusion...

  7. #2237
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by deviantkitten View Post
    Here are my plans for catnip. I have never tried it before. Can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with it?
    - wash hair with poo bar
    -ACV rinse
    -gather semi damp- not sopping, maybe towel dried- hair into a ponyail
    -dunk length in tea until well soaked
    -bag and leave on for an amount of time- not sure how long yet, please advise!
    -rinse out with water -not sure if I rinse it out or not either, so please let me know

    Well, do you think this will work? I have read so many ways of using catnip, it has gotten kind of confusing for me LOL
    Any tips would be appreciated!
    Sounds great. I leave catnip on my hair for about 1 hour. The acv should remove any soap residue from the shampoo bar.
    Last edited by ktani; March 30th, 2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: spelling

  8. #2238
    Member deviantkitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Army base in Germany
    Age
    40
    Posts
    558
    Length
    33/33/class
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Thanks! That is what is what I was wondering- would he catnip work as well as it should after an ACV following the poo bar?
    I have ordered catnip and poo bars, neither of which I have used before.
    I have contacted toe seller of poo bars, and she said she uses the ACV rinses, but has not tried catnip. I am only assuming I need an ACV rinse after the poo bar. From what I understand you only need to do ACV after poo bar if you have hard water, which I don't know if I have, but I guess I will find out LOL.
    Do you think if I do a catnip soak then use it as a final rinse I would not need the ACV rinse?
    Or could I do the ACV rinse after catnip?
    A little inexperienced, and forgive me if this was already talked about. There are just so.....many.....pages LOL
    Any advice would be appreciated!
    Lady Grainne
    Handmaiden to the Goddess Morrigan
    In the Order of the Long Haired Nights

  9. #2239
    henna head brunette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    2,740
    Length
    pixie/45"/50"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Usually hard water areas have Limescale build up in taps (faucets), kettles, washing machines etc which is easily visible. Soft water produces no such scale. At least that's my experience in the UK in my childhood. I've since lived in a soft water part of the country!
    2c-f-ii ~~@~ 2/47/50 pic taken May 2012
    thebrunette.co.uk

  10. #2240
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by deviantkitten View Post
    Thanks! That is what is what I was wondering- would he catnip work as well as it should after an ACV following the poo bar?
    I have ordered catnip and poo bars, neither of which I have used before.
    I have contacted toe seller of poo bars, and she said she uses the ACV rinses, but has not tried catnip. I am only assuming I need an ACV rinse after the poo bar. From what I understand you only need to do ACV after poo bar if you have hard water, which I don't know if I have, but I guess I will find out LOL.
    Do you think if I do a catnip soak then use it as a final rinse I would not need the ACV rinse?
    Or could I do the ACV rinse after catnip?
    A little inexperienced, and forgive me if this was already talked about. There are just so.....many.....pages LOL
    Any advice would be appreciated!
    I have hard water where I live. Catnip is my final treatment after shampoo. Nothing else is needed for me. Catnip is acidic.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •