Page 221 of 285 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteisle View Post
    So a little experiment.........the catnip I have been using was bought at the farmer's market back in the summer. It came in little zip baggies all chopped up.

Today I got some catnip tea from the health store that of course comes in tea bags. I brewed a batch of each to see if there would be any difference. I did the tea per the directions but doubled it. Here's what I got:

The left is the loose stuff from the farmer's market and has a very yellow to yellow green tint. The catnip tea came out more reddish/coppery.

So my question is what, if any, difference may there be between the two? What does your tea look like?
    My tea, brewed for 5 hours, looks dark yellow almost gold in my white bone china mug and golden yellow (no red or brown in it though) in my clear shampoo bottle but still yields only a light yellow not "gold", as in any red in it or brown colour, on my hair.

My tea if brewed for less than an hour looks more like the picture on the left, and if brewed for several hours comes closer to the picture on the right - if a little less reddish. I wonder if the bags you used in the experiement hold more catnip than the loose amount on the left?

Length
    1.25/4.25/BSL+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiekins View Post
    My tea if brewed for less than an hour looks more like the picture on the left, and if brewed for several hours comes closer to the picture on the right - if a little less reddish. I wonder if the bags you used in the experiement hold more catnip than the loose amount on the left?

They actually appear to hold less, maybe 1/2 tsp, and the catnip is much finer.
    Growing out again since August 2019
    pixie
    ~ cl ~ sl ~ apl ~ bsl ~.......?

Quick question...

I bought some dried catnip at the petshop. Actually, it says "herbe à chats" (Hagen - organic) but doesn't translate it into English.

It smells a little "minty", when infused. Does this mean it's actually catmint and not catnip ? How to tell ?

What does catnip smell like ?

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Post Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
    Quick question...

I bought some dried catnip at the petshop. Actually, it says "herbe à chats" (Hagen - organic) but doesn't translate it into English.

It smells a little "minty", when infused. Does this mean it's actually catmint and not catnip ? How to tell ?

What does catnip smell like ?
    To me, catnip just smelled "herby". Kind of like grass?

Jenn

I went back and smelled it "dry" and it does smell grassy ... yesterday I found that, infusing, it smelled minty... confusing

Well, it's on my head now, so I hope there's no disaster if it's actually catmint instead of catnip ... !

Type
    4a/F/M/ii/iii

I went back and smelled it "dry" and it does smell grassy ... yesterday I found that, infusing, it smelled minty... confusing
    Thats how mine is- herby when dry, minty when infused I love the minty smell.

Wow, I'd taken a break from catnip for a few weeks (not sure why- I think I was testing out a new conditioner and didn't to be swayed by the catnip goodness). Anyway, my ends had started getting really dry but I didn't think much of it since I'm due for a trim anyway. Well, over the weekend I did a catnip soak again and wow. I'd forgotten how nice it makes my hair feel. My hair feels sleek and the ends are totally smooth. I love this stuff

I checked with Hagen via email what species their catnip is and they replied Nepeta cataria.

Thank you, I'm so happy I got the right thing ! And in fact, I think it might be quite a success and totally worth it ! I'm waiting for tomorrow when it's totally dried to confirm

For now, waaaay more shine, great texture, soft ! I'm impressed

Thank you, I'm so happy I got the right thing ! And in fact, I think it might be quite a success and totally worth it ! I'm waiting for tomorrow when it's totally dried to confirm

For now, waaaay more shine, great texture, soft ! I'm impressed
    My pleasure! Glad to hear that you are so pleased.