Page 204 of 285 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda K View Post
    Ok, Thank You Ktani - I appreciate the info.
    I think I'm just going to go "do it" - mainly on the pony tail and hope I can find some other catnip (mmm - ebay!)
    You are most welcome! See how it goes with the one you have. You may not need to replace it.

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Good luck, Linda K!

I'm really starting to like catnip. I've not got great conditioning effects as yet (only 2 weeks or so in though), but I think my hair looks a little thicker, which is great news. The best part about it is the colour though - I'm leaving it on for an hour at a time, and my hair has a really nice golden sheen to it - not so much as for others to notice as yet, but enough to be really obvious to me under the light. The greys are slightly less obvious too.

My catnip looks yellowy when it is brewed, but I've noticed a greeny tinge to any drops I spill which have been exposed to the air for any length of time (an hour or so).

Length
    17?/23?/tb???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

OMGosh! I think I'm sold! (Nope - didn't turn green!)

I used the Suave Clarifying 'poo, then squeezed a 'bar towel' around whatever was caught in a pony. I squirt on some of the catnip and squished that thru, then popped a (vinyl) shower cap on the back half of my head making sure the ends where inside. A couple times I squished it again thru the cap. It was probably on around 12 minutes.

I put a little Lily of the Desert Aloe Gelly on the front to try taming and giving a little direction.

It's not totally dry yet underneath in back. But I can already tell: It's not as snaggy w/ finger combing! I only caught a couple times in the very back that is less gray! I wasn't doing that well with leave-in's!

It's still snagging on the crown - but I think they are much easier to get thru! Since it hasn't taken all that long to feel it's pretty well finger smoothed, I'm thinking it's safe to say there are less snags there as well(?).

Not as much of the sides were in it and those areas feel 'rougher'.
    Now to figure out something other than clarifying 'poo's ...

Thank you again!

"Embracing all that *Sparkles*!"
    ~ Renegray Gang Member~

Quote Originally Posted by Linda K View Post
    OMGosh! I think I'm sold! (Nope - didn't turn green!)

I used the Suave Clarifying 'poo, then squeezed a 'bar towel' around whatever was caught in a pony. I squirt on some of the catnip and squished that thru, then popped a (vinyl) shower cap on the back half of my head making sure the ends where inside. A couple times I squished it again thru the cap. It was probably on around 12 minutes.

I put a little Lily of the Desert Aloe Gelly on the front to try taming and giving a little direction.

It's not totally dry yet underneath in back. But I can already tell: It's not as snaggy w/ finger combing! I only caught a couple times in the very back that is less gray! I wasn't doing that well with leave-in's!

It's still snagging on the crown - but I think they are much easier to get thru! Since it hasn't taken all that long to feel it's pretty well finger smoothed, I'm thinking it's safe to say there are less snags there as well(?).

Not as much of the sides were in it and those areas feel 'rougher'.
    Now to figure out something other than clarifying 'poo's ...

Thank you again!
    Great news!

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I'm becoming more and more impressed with catnip, and I've only been using it for about 2 weeks now. My hair has a real shine to it now (it's a dark, dull blonde colour, so not normally shiny at all). Also, yesterday when I water washed and conditioned it (which I'm doing between catnip treatments), it felt like silk. And today all I did to my hair was ran my fingers through it and went out! This is unheard of, as normally I'd have to at least wet it and moisturise/oil seal in the moisture.

Thanks so much for all the info on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicano View Post
    I'm becoming more and more impressed with catnip, and I've only been using it for about 2 weeks now. My hair has a real shine to it now (it's a dark, dull blonde colour, so not normally shiny at all). Also, yesterday when I water washed and conditioned it (which I'm doing between catnip treatments), it felt like silk. And today all I did to my hair was ran my fingers through it and went out! This is unheard of, as normally I'd have to at least wet it and moisturise/oil seal in the moisture.

Thanks so much for all the info on this thread.
    I am glad to hear that you are so pleased. Catnip results generally have been reported to get better with continued use, provided the hair is relatively free of coatings.

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I am glad to hear that you are so pleased. Catnip results generally have been reported to get better with continued use, provided the hair is relatively free of coatings.
    Yes, that's the only bit that worries me - will have to make sure I shampoo thoroughly before each treatment, as I'm still having to use products that coat it.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicano View Post
    Yes, that's the only bit that worries me - will have to make sure I shampoo thoroughly before each treatment, as I'm still having to use products that coat it.
    The shampoo does not have to be super strong. You may as others have reported, need to use less of the coating products as you go, which means they should wash out easier and need less cleansing a shampoo.

Length
    pixie/45"/50"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I've been using catnip after washes for a month now, and I love the conditioned ends. I leave it in.

Why on earth did I not try this before?!
    2c-f-ii ~~@~ 2/47/50 pic taken May 2012
    thebrunette.co.uk

Length
    ??/56/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by brunette View Post
    I've been using catnip after washes for a month now, and I love the conditioned ends. I leave it in.

Why on earth did I not try this before?!
    It becomes an addiction, I've now been using it for 7 months and my hair loves it. Glad to hear its working well for you.

2a/M/iii - 56 inches