Page 186 of 284 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2840

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

  1. #1851
    Member wahmof9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Age
    53
    Posts
    807
    Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    BTW I am not trying to get anyone upset and thought I needed to clarify that herbs and drugs can both harmful and beneficial. I so appreciate Ktani sharing her findings with us.

    At the end we must all decide for ourselves what is the best way to go.

    I guess you all realize I like herbs - catnip for sure - and I am leery of meds.

    Anything can be harmful...even something "healthy."

    I am not trying to step on toes....
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry
    Lady Bethiah-Tallie of the Divine Kingdom in the order of the Longhaired Knight

  2. #1852
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,125
    Length
    pixie/shld./BSL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by wahmof9 View Post
    BTW I am not trying to get anyone upset and thought I needed to clarify that herbs and drugs can both harmful and beneficial. I so appreciate Ktani sharing her findings with us.

    At the end we must all decide for ourselves what is the best way to go.

    I guess you all realize I like herbs - catnip for sure - and I am leery of meds.

    Anything can be harmful...even something "healthy."

    I am not trying to step on toes....
    Whatevs. Water has an LD50 too...
    2a F ii

  3. #1853
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by wahmof9 View Post
    BTW I am not trying to get anyone upset and thought I needed to clarify that herbs and drugs can both harmful and beneficial. I so appreciate Ktani sharing her findings with us.

    At the end we must all decide for ourselves what is the best way to go.

    I guess you all realize I like herbs - catnip for sure - and I am leery of meds.

    Anything can be harmful...even something "healthy."

    I am not trying to step on toes....
    You are not stepping on my toes, if that is what you mean. No worries. And you are most welcome!

    I understand what you are saying and how you feel. Most drugs today, started out as plants, BTW. But that is not the point.

    I agree that there is risk and potential with both. Plants contain chemicals. Chemicals are drugs. There needs to be research properly done before anything is approved for human use on the market and recommended as safe.

    I welcome countries regulating herbs and plants. I do not agree with your assessment of the FDA but I have no argument with you.
    Last edited by ktani; September 16th, 2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: grammar

  4. #1854
    Member wahmof9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Age
    53
    Posts
    807
    Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    Whatevs. Water has an LD50 too...
    I know..even good things can kill you! LOL
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry
    Lady Bethiah-Tallie of the Divine Kingdom in the order of the Longhaired Knight

  5. #1855
    Member wahmof9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Age
    53
    Posts
    807
    Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    You are not stepping on my toes, if that is what you mean. No worries. And you are most welcome!

    I understand what you are saying and how you feel. Most drugs today, started out as plants, BTW. But that is not the point.

    I agree that there is risk and potential with both. Plants contain chemicals. Chemicals are drugs. There needs to be research properly done before anything is approved for human use on the market and recommended as safe.

    I welcome countries regulating herbs and plants. I do not agree with your assessment of the FDA but I have no argument with you.
    Thank you Ktani, you are one very gracious lady - as always - and I so appreciate this thead and your willingness to share.

    The input with catnip has been so wonderful and I am so glad you are part of this community.

    We are not all the same and that makes the world only more interesting.

    Moreover, I do hold all truths...I have been known to change my mind over the years and the older I get the more I realize I don't know So I guess by the time I am ancient...at 100 or so...I won't know anything at all!
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry
    Lady Bethiah-Tallie of the Divine Kingdom in the order of the Longhaired Knight

  6. #1856
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by wahmof9 View Post
    Thank you Ktani, you are one very gracious lady - as always - and I so appreciate this thead and your willingness to share.

    The input with catnip has been so wonderful and I am so glad you are part of this community.

    We are not all the same and that makes the world only more interesting.

    Moreover, I do hold all truths...I have been known to change my mind over the years and the older I get the more I realize I don't know So I guess by the time I am ancient...at 100 or so...I won't know anything at all!
    Thank you so much! I find your opinions have some very valid points and you state them clearly, politely and well.

    I learn for others here too. Research changes as well, as new things are constantly being discovered about products. It is not that we do not know things as we get older, lol. It is just that there is so much new information to keep up with these days.

    This community is an excellent one. Many people here share information.

    We all cannot always agree and there is no reason why we should about some things. We are all different. Even with research I have posted, there are often differing scientific opinions so there is not an absolute right or wrong with any of this. I just think that it is important to have as much current reliable information as possible, so one can make an informed decision about whatever is being discussed.

    This is not related to this discussion specifically but there is a great deal of propaganda out there about all kinds of products, and while peer reviewed research (if possible to source) can be difficult to wade through, when there are dissagreements on results, outright misleading marketing is irresponsible at best and potentially harmful at worst. Vendors in my opinion, need to be up to date with the research for the goods they sell.
    Last edited by ktani; September 16th, 2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling

  7. #1857
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by wahmof9 View Post
    ... Ktani ... I am so glad you are part of this community.
    I am so glad that you are part of this community too!

  8. #1858
    Member wahmof9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Age
    53
    Posts
    807
    Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I am so glad that you are part of this community too!
    Thank you very much
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry
    Lady Bethiah-Tallie of the Divine Kingdom in the order of the Longhaired Knight

  9. #1859
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by wahmof9 View Post
    Thank you very much
    You are most welcome! I had meant to say that at the time but I forgot. I had been taking a break from doing school work when I had replied to your posts and I was very tired at the time.

    I think that it is important to acknowledge such things, as they are part of what makes these boards special. There is a great comminuty spirit here, that should never be taken for granted in my opinion.

  10. #1860
    Member Canarygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Age
    62
    Posts
    741
    Length
    15/24/30(?)
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Hi there, from another grateful member....

    Ktani, a while back you posted that the catnip tea was not so effective on hair that had been cleaned with conditioner as opposed to with shampoo (conditioneer coating the hair etc)

    Were you referring to catnip's coloring capability, conditioning capability, or all of its capabilities? I am still trying to think of an easy way to treat my shoulder length layered hair. I can only ponytail the lower back portion of my hair...sides are shorter and even more layered. I was thinking of putting catnip extract into an SMT.
    (pre-LHC)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •