Page 182 of 285 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by rach View Post
    update- dust trim the other day. hardly any split ends at all (was a very quick S&D task). i'm defiantly seeing a difference in hair growth shape. turning more from a V shape to a U shape which makes it look thicker a the ends.
    i'm allowing my hair to choose it's natural shape.
    pictures of prove!!

happy , happy
    Great news!

I also saw a change in my taper bit it was my ends not being thin and ratty looking between trims.

I can get a growth taper from going too long between trims (I have trimmed most if not all of that off recently) but I have not had a breakage taper in a long, long time. My ends are thick now.

I do not need to see pictures to believe you but posting them is great. I personally like your hair better with the u shape.

I prefer my own hair to be straight across. Different perference, that is all.

Type
    4a/F/M/ii/iii

Another convert here! I told myself I'd wait until the winter to try ANYTHING else new on my hair . I tried to wait... tried to tell myself I had to read the whole catnip thread first... but then I just couldn't take it anymore .

Last night I pulled out some old catnip I had around the house, tested it on the cat (he went crazy so I figured it still had some potency left), and steeped about 2 tsps in 3 cups of hot water. I then did my normal heavy coconut oiling, washed with shikakai gravy, and soaked my hair in the catnip tea. Covered it up with a plastic cap and then rinsed after an hour.

I thought maybe the residual coconut oil would prevent me from seeing any results, but I was pleasantly surprised to feel my dry hair this morning. Like everyone says, the most noticeable difference IS in my ends! I'm shocked. My ends are always tangly and unruly (not too many splits but still very dry) and today their texture just kinda blends in with the rest of my hair. I'm really looking forward to see the difference this makes over time.

I agree with the poster who said that it's just so amazing, all the things you can learn on this site.

Length
    bob/Waist/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Catnip

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    One more point.

Pet suppliers specialize their catnip - you can buy leaves only, buds only, (the ariel parts with flowers), and cut and sifted leaves and flowers which I buy.

Cut and sifted leaves and flowers are usally cheaper and that is what I use and have used from the beginning - no need to spend extra money on the specialized, more expensive goods.

The flowers as I have said, contain more oils than the leaves.
    Ktani, this (http://www.petco.com/product/104873/...ch#description) is the catnip I bought, is it the flowers and leaves mix you're talking about or should I look for some other?

TIA!

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

The petco brand is what I use, works great.
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

Default Re: Catnip

Quote Originally Posted by K_Angel View Post
    Ktani, this (http://www.petco.com/product/104873/...ch#description) is the catnip I bought, is it the flowers and leaves mix you're talking about or should I look for some other?

TIA!
    You have a great endorsement! I would have said it would be fine from the description in any case but an endorsement is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by loyaboya View Post
    Another convert here! I told myself I'd wait until the winter to try ANYTHING else new on my hair . I tried to wait... tried to tell myself I had to read the whole catnip thread first... but then I just couldn't take it anymore .

Last night I pulled out some old catnip I had around the house, tested it on the cat (he went crazy so I figured it still had some potency left), and steeped about 2 tsps in 3 cups of hot water. I then did my normal heavy coconut oiling, washed with shikakai gravy, and soaked my hair in the catnip tea. Covered it up with a plastic cap and then rinsed after an hour.

I thought maybe the residual coconut oil would prevent me from seeing any results, but I was pleasantly surprised to feel my dry hair this morning. Like everyone says, the most noticeable difference IS in my ends! I'm shocked. My ends are always tangly and unruly (not too many splits but still very dry) and today their texture just kinda blends in with the rest of my hair. I'm really looking forward to see the difference this makes over time.

I agree with the poster who said that it's just so amazing, all the things you can learn on this site.
    Catnip is an amazing plant. I am glad for you that you are so pleased right from the start. From my experience, it just gets better and better!

Type
    4a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Catnip is an amazing plant. I am glad for you that you are so pleased right from the start. From my experience, it just gets better and better!
    Can't wait! And you know what- as someone who's only using it for conditioning, I'd actually recommend catnip over cassia ! It's soooo much easier to use and the results are more significant (based on my experience).

Quote Originally Posted by loyaboya View Post
    Can't wait! And you know what- as someone who's only using it for conditioning, I'd actually recommend catnip over cassia ! It's soooo much easier to use and the results are more significant (based on my experience).
    Great news! I have not found a downside to it yet!

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Hello everyone. I have been using Catnip for two or three weeks now with good results. I usually use it two or three times a week. But I never used it on wash day. I wash with herbs only and rinse with distilled water at the end. I was wonder can I use it as my finale rinse and not wash it out with distilled water? Will keeping catnip in my hair cause it to dry out? Or should I just wait and use the catnip tea on a Monday. Does anyone use catnip directly after you wash your hair? And how do you use the catnip tea right after hair wash? Any input would be helpful. Thanks
    Last edited by Catladyintown; September 13th, 2009 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catladyintown View Post
    Hello everyone. I have been using Catnip for two or three weeks now with good results. I usually use it two or three times a week. But I never used it on wash day. I wash with herbs only and rinse with distilled water at the end. I was wonder can I use it as my finale rinse and not wash it out with distilled water? Will keeping catnip in my hair cause it to dry out? Or should I just wait and use the catnip tea on a Monday. Does anyone use catnip directly after you wash your hair? And how do you use the catnip tea right after hair wash? Any input would be helpful. Thanks
    I use it as a treatment following shampoo. I have never used it following a herb wash. Others have used herb washes for the scalp only and catnip on the length.

I am not entirely sure what you method is but if you like it that is great.