Page 181 of 284 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2840

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

  1. #1801
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catladyintown View Post
    Ktani I just use herbs on my scalp and not the whole length. I tried using herbs on the whole length a couple of times and my hair got to heavy and I believe started breaking. So that is why I only use herbs on my scalp. I notice I don't need a lot of oils or butters on my ends like before.
    Ah, cool! I think you may find that you do not need oils or butters on your ends at all with catnip. See how it goes. There is nothing wrong with using them. Just make sure that they are fully removed before you apply the catnip each time, from my experience. I never used oils but I did experiment with conditioner and glycerin for a time. The more access to the hair catnip has for me, the better the results.

    With shampoo, it removes enough catnip each time, that I do not have to clarify at all and I need nothing extra on my ends.

  2. #1802
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    The thing with catnip and I say this in the article too, is that it can be used different ways and with different results.

    After experimenting with it, I know how it works best for me and what it can do for my hair. I have no split ends and minimal breakage.

    Others are happier using catnip differently than I do. That is great, as long as they are happy with their hair and how they use it. If they are not they can try a different way. It does not have to be my way. It just needs to be a way that they are satisfied with.
    Last edited by ktani; August 23rd, 2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: adjust text

  3. #1803
    Member deko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    425
    Length
    -/waist/Hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    I have grown my own catnip. I harvested it while it was on the bud. I dried them and brewed tea with 1 tbs groung catnip / 1 mug of hot water and let it soak 'till it was room temp. I soaked my ends in it at it worked wonders.

    Thanks.
    every hour wounds, the last one kills

    layered waist - almost blunt waist - blunt waist - hip - terminal..
    (hennahead)

  4. #1804
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by deko View Post
    I have grown my own catnip. I harvested it while it was on the bud. I dried them and brewed tea with 1 tbs groung catnip / 1 mug of hot water and let it soak 'till it was room temp. I soaked my ends in it at it worked wonders.

    Thanks.
    Great! You have a different dilution than mine and you are happy with it. Wonderful!

    And you are most welcome!

  5. #1805
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,125
    Length
    pixie/shld./BSL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    I tried catnip several months ago and liked it. I was just using it as an after-conditioner rinse in the shower, maybe leaving it in for 3-4 minutes while I washed up before rinsing it out. I liked it, but when I ran out of my little catnip stash I kind of forgot about it.

    Well, for the last couple weeks my hair has been in a funk. Deep conditioners, clarifying washes, etc. have all helped but not completely de-funkified my hair. So I picked up some more catnip and used it the way ktani recommends.

    Wow! I really, really love it. I would have never thought that my hair could go without conditioner, but I had three separate hair compliments after using just catnip and a little camellia oil on my ends. And, my hair has gone a lot longer without needing a shampoo because I don't have all that conditioner weighing it down and giving me the greasies. It seems silky, smooth, and the waves lay nice instead of sticking up and looking like a mess. I may actually just retire my conditioner or use it only for the occasional deep treatment if catnip keeps working for me.
    2a F ii

  6. #1806
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    I tried catnip several months ago and liked it. I was just using it as an after-conditioner rinse in the shower, maybe leaving it in for 3-4 minutes while I washed up before rinsing it out. I liked it, but when I ran out of my little catnip stash I kind of forgot about it.

    Well, for the last couple weeks my hair has been in a funk. Deep conditioners, clarifying washes, etc. have all helped but not completely de-funkified my hair. So I picked up some more catnip and used it the way ktani recommends.

    Wow! I really, really love it. I would have never thought that my hair could go without conditioner, but I had three separate hair compliments after using just catnip and a little camellia oil on my ends. And, my hair has gone a lot longer without needing a shampoo because I don't have all that conditioner weighing it down and giving me the greasies. It seems silky, smooth, and the waves lay nice instead of sticking up and looking like a mess. I may actually just retire my conditioner or use it only for the occasional deep treatment if catnip keeps working for me.
    I find the same thing about going longer between washing my hair but it also depends on my diet for that, in terms of how greasy my scalp can get. I do not miss using conditioner at all. My hair is well behaved and full. My waves fall beautifully.

    Great to hear that you are so happy with catnip!

  7. #1807
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Age
    35
    Posts
    228
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    A new catnipper here:-)

    I was not really fond of the idea of using a herbal tea" as conditioner,because I thought it just simply can't be conditioning enough...
    But yesterday I tried it,and it worked wonders!!!!

    I used a level teaspoon catnip in a mug of clean water,steeped it for a few hours,and used it as the last rinse after washing my hair.
    I didn't rinse out.
    It dried much slower.
    Perfect result!!Shiney,soft hair!Now this is a herb I would have never thought of using without LHC.I had never even heard of it before.
    Wonderful suff!!!

    I'll keep using it,and experimenting with it.
    I'll steep it longer first of all.
    Then I'll change the concentration.(It looks like a good idea to use less catnip,and leave it in rather than wash out after an hour.This way I can also save money.)

    I have just boiled some rosewater and now steeping my catnip in it and planning to use it as a leave in spraying it on my ends.To see how it works.

    And wondering how would it work with senna tea as a last rinse.(I found senna teabags in the local herb store)I'll give this a go too.Cassia and catnip might be my best bet used together for shine.As long as cassia doesn't interfer with the conditioning of catnip.
    We'll see.

    Sorry if these ideas came up before.I didn't read the entire thread.

  8. #1808
    Member indigonight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    British damsel in Toronto
    Posts
    451
    Length
    apl/tlb/solid
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    great idea as a leave-in spray on conditioner Lile, let us know how it goes...

  9. #1809
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods
    Posts
    19,474

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lile View Post
    A new catnipper here:-)

    I was not really fond of the idea of using a herbal tea" as conditioner,because I thought it just simply can't be conditioning enough...
    But yesterday I tried it,and it worked wonders!!!!

    I used a level teaspoon catnip in a mug of clean water,steeped it for a few hours,and used it as the last rinse after washing my hair.
    I didn't rinse out.
    It dried much slower.
    Perfect result!!Shiney,soft hair!Now this is a herb I would have never thought of using without LHC.I had never even heard of it before.
    Wonderful suff!!!

    I'll keep using it,and experimenting with it.
    I'll steep it longer first of all.
    Then I'll change the concentration.(It looks like a good idea to use less catnip,and leave it in rather than wash out after an hour.This way I can also save money.)

    I have just boiled some rosewater and now steeping my catnip in it and planning to use it as a leave in spraying it on my ends.To see how it works.

    And wondering how would it work with senna tea as a last rinse.(I found senna teabags in the local herb store)I'll give this a go too.Cassia and catnip might be my best bet used together for shine.As long as cassia doesn't interfer with the conditioning of catnip.
    We'll see.

    Sorry if these ideas came up before.I didn't read the entire thread.
    Senna or cassia IMO will probably not allow catnip to absorb into the hair as well as catnip can on its own. See what results you get and what you are happy with. I never liked catnip left in. Other do. It depends on what you like.

  10. #1810
    ♡ Devoted henna member ♡ rach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,320
    Length
    26.5"/42.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

    Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

    update- dust trim the other day. hardly any split ends at all (was a very quick S&D task). i'm defiantly seeing a difference in hair growth shape. turning more from a V shape to a U shape which makes it look thicker a the ends.
    i'm allowing my hair to choose it's natural shape.
    pictures of prove!!

    happy , happy


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •