Page 176 of 284 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2840

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by simone_rodrigue View Post
    I just took a look at my hair. I haven't seen a single split end since I started using catnip. This stuff rocks.
    Fantastic! You go girl!

Update

5th time using my new directed application method of more catnip on the length. Rain on and off all day. Another happy hair day.

This time I brewed the catnip for 10 hours. That was an accident, lol. I got busy yesterday when I came home, lol. No problems or a real difference to between 8 or 9 hours. I brewed it in the morning before leaving for school and intended to strain it out when I came home. But the phone rang, chores to do .... lol.
    Last edited by ktani; August 16th, 2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I used my cones and had a great hair day too Our weather royally sucks btw.
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Length
    1inch/3inch/24inc
    Type
    4a/4b/F/i/ii

I have tried catnip twice since I red this thread, and I love it. It makes my hair soft, smooth, and easy to detangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturel View Post
    I have tried catnip twice since I red this thread, and I love it. It makes my hair soft, smooth, and easy to detangle.
    Welcome to LHC!

I am happy for you that you love using it.

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I used my cones and had a great hair day too Our weather royally sucks btw.
    ??? I thought the thread was about catnip? Am I missing something?
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

Washing my skin with cold catnip tea in the morning in this weather is incredibly refreshing! Loving it even more than usual. No prickly heat in the afternoon.

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Doesn't surprise me as catnip, when boiled/stewed, releases an oil. You're basically oiling your hair/skin.

I found an interesting article about catnip that says it's more effective than DEET, when boiled, to repel mosquitos. However, it looses this effect when on human skin. I would venture to guess that's due to the oil being absorbed by the skin, rather than a product like DEEt, which lays on the skin to repel bugs.

Made me wonder if any of you have been noticing a lack of mosquitos biting you as a result of using catnip on your hair?
    ~Dare to Dream~

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse1 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me as catnip, when boiled/stewed, releases an oil. You're basically oiling your hair/skin.

I found an interesting article about catnip that says it's more effective than DEET, when boiled, to repel mosquitos. However, it looses this effect when on human skin. I would venture to guess that's due to the oil being absorbed by the skin, rather than a product like DEEt, which lays on the skin to repel bugs.

Made me wonder if any of you have been noticing a lack of mosquitos biting you as a result of using catnip on your hair?
    Catnip tea does not leave my skin or hair oily. The oils are only 1 part of the constituents.

I do not boil catnip. It is not recommened that certain herbs like it be boiled. I add boiled water to dried catnip.

I have posted this before, about the DEET information being challenged.
    http://www.kookykat.com/catnipessentialoils.htm

That said, I have not been bitten by mosquitoes lately but I have also not been outside at night in areas where they have been plentiful.
    Last edited by ktani; August 16th, 2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added "or hair"

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I'm not saying you will feel the oils, but that is what is coming out of the catnip when it is heated--that is the same as stewed--pouring hot water over it. it's emitting an oil out of the catnip, which is what makes you feel softness.

I was curious to know what was in catnip to make skin/hair alleged to be so soft. This makes total sense to me as catnip itself is just a mint that makes my kitties very happy.

One thing that works best on mosquitos---unused bounce sheets. Makes me wonder what the heck is in those things in the first place :O
    ~Dare to Dream~