Page 164 of 284 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2840

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by ljkforu View Post
    The cat nip from www. dragonherbarium.com made my beloved cat climb my dresses from the floor to the top of my closet. The little darlin then found the bag and covered my entire room with it and pieces of ripped bag.

THAT WAS THE DAY I FOUND THE FREEZER FOR STORAGE!
    That must be some powerful catnip, lol. Or a not well sealed bag, lol. Freezers work, lol, lol.

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Even my dog likes the smell of catnip tea, and wants to taste it.
    Surely not as crazy for it as cats (I don't have a cat), but he liked it more than other herbal teas I have made for hair or skin.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRag View Post
    Surely not as crazy for it as cats (I don't have a cat), but he liked it more than other herbal teas I have made for hair or skin.
    That is interesting, lol.

I just separated my hair into 2 sections to put it up. I am going to wash it 2 days earlier than planned for a special night out. It still looks good but I want it to look even better.

And I realized something. My hair is thicker, not because I have suddenly sprouted more hair folicles. But because with catnip, I no longer have any breakage taper. My length is even in thickness down to the ends (I cut off the last of a growth taper from going too long between trims a few weeks ago, about 1.5 inches). 4 months ago I cut off 3 inches, most of which grew back by the time of this trim at the end of June, and then some. The pieces I had from old breakage on my top layers had grown in long enough to be where I cut off the length. All of the nape hair breakage I had before using catnip had grown in long ago. It all adds up to thicker looking hair. My hairline has filled in somwhat as well.

I still get some breakage (very minimal compared to before using catnip), just not anywhere close to enough to affect my hemline and no split ends at all. I have been seeing this thickness effect for quite some time but this last trim shows it off a lot more. I cut my hemline straight across, giving me blunt ends. I used Faye's method again and made sure that the hair falls a certain way with the ends very blunt. This is not the hair I had 4 years ago. It is much, much better.
    Last edited by ktani; July 18th, 2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Length
    SL/HIP/CLSC
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by HotRag View Post
    I have 3 dogs and when I give my kitty some catnip they ALL demand a little bit.. and they actually EAT it!! lol

Lady Ardwinna of the Blessed Soil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Ktani, how often do you catnip? Do you only use shampoo and catnip? No oils etc?
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry
    Lady Bethiah-Tallie of the Divine Kingdom in the order of the Longhaired Knight

Quote Originally Posted by wahmof9 View Post
    Ktani, how often do you catnip? Do you only use shampoo and catnip? No oils etc?
    I catnip every time I wash my hair and I do not use anything to follow it. I just use shampoo and then a catnip treatment, which is rinsed out.

Type
    3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ljkforu View Post
    The cat nip from www. dragonherbarium.com made my beloved cat climb my dresses from the floor to the top of my closet. The little darlin then found the bag and covered my entire room with it and pieces of ripped bag.

THAT WAS THE DAY I FOUND THE FREEZER FOR STORAGE!
    HAHAHAHA I have had this happen before! I buy it in tubs instead of baggies now. Your kitty had a really good time

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    My hair is thicker, not because I have suddenly sprouted more hair folicles. But because with catnip, I no longer have any breakage taper.
    That is just FANTASTIC. I am so excited to get to the point where I have no breakage! I hope and pray to get there!

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

I love the tags on this thread
    [SIGP

Quote Originally Posted by Cassi View Post
    That is just FANTASTIC. I am so excited to get to the point where I have no breakage! I hope and pray to get there!
    That is my experience with catnip. Others have reported reduction in or no split ends and at least one person reported, no breakage (I believe). I am not recording posts here, like I do in Honey or the peroxide thread.

The difference for me is that pre catnip, when I did an s&d, I said to myself, "Ok, where do I start", with regard to cutting off split ends and white dots.

Since I no longer get split ends, it is just white dots now and I have to look for them.