Page 1 of 172 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing Out Layers- A place to complain

Length
    4-10/4-10/16
    Type
    2b/C/ii/iii

Default Growing Out Layers- A place to complain

I am sure there might be a thread like this already, but I could find one that was just to complain about the awful layer growing process.

I had the worst hair cut two months ago. The women gave me 2 layers, one at mid-ear (why I will never know. That is no place for a layer) and the other was a couple inches below APL. Now I am trying to get all to one layer at BSL. Its is driving me mad. The long layer is about 1.5 in to BSL the other is about.5" from my chin.

I feel like it will never be even and worst of all, aside from half up/ half down, nothing works .

"Oh layers, please grow"

Sorry to complain but need to vent. I tried to talk to people I know about this and I think they thought I was crazy of obsessed because I vented about hair, told them I belong to a forum for hair, and that I was putting Monistat on my hair but it was really working, .5" in 10 days!

Ok everyone vent about layer growing

Length
    22"/28"/32"
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Growing Out Layers- A place to complain

ME.

my shortest are at shoulder length, the longest at APL where my hair is currently floating around.
    *headdesk*

as much as i love my layers going all wavy and flicky, it drastically reduced my ponytail circumference and the taper is a little crazy. curse you, my desire for a blunt hemline!

i also find that the longer layers never split, and the shorter ones split the fastest. counter-productive much? haha, oh dear.

ok ok rant over.
    "I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about."
    Oscar Wilde.

Length
    22.5/32/inf.
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I last had my hair cut "professionally" 2 years ago and I STILL can't even do a cinnabun without bits sticking out everywhere. My braids are always fluffy too. I've trimmed my hair quite a bit since then (so much I've hardly gained any length lol) So the hemline's getting thicker. I think I have a few more years with these damn layers yet, unless I cut to shoulder length My hair grows really slowly anyway.

Don't Stall On Me Now!
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/Clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I just had 2" give or take cut off today to get rid of layers! They are not my favorite! I'm back to shoulder length with one more good trim to go to be free of them!

I will wait for awhile before the next cut though.

Length
    15/28/40"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

A place to vent! Woo!

I HATE my layers. I hated them when I first got 'em, and I still do. I've got chin-length hair in the front, and then pretty longer layers almost only in the back. Mullet. Seriously. It makes my hair seem thin since I can't pull the front back into a tail.

Mum says to get the longer layers trimmed closer to the chin-length layers. She claims the shorter layers will grow faster if I do that, but I don't my hair to be that short. I'm stubborn.

Frustration...

...and a mullet.

Thank goodness my hair's in great condition.

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I have some really annoying self-inflicted layers that I cut to chin length with a dull scissors...... brilliant! They're about bsl now, but I keep trying to s&d the split layer and it keeps splitting! aghhhh

"oh yes it'd be nice to have some face-framing layers" righto.

Length
    4-10/4-10/16
    Type
    2b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by cmcwell View Post
    A place to vent! Woo!

I HATE my layers. I hated them when I first got 'em, and I still do. I've got chin-length hair in the front, and then pretty longer layers almost only in the back. Mullet. Seriously. It makes my hair seem thin since I can't pull the front back into a tail.

Mum says to get the longer layers trimmed closer to the chin-length layers. She claims the shorter layers will grow faster if I do that, but I don't my hair to be that short. I'm stubborn.

Frustration...

...and a mullet.

Thank goodness my hair's in great condition.
    Mullet, that's the word I was looking for. Me too, kinda rockin' the mullet at a certain angle. Or a hair hat. Kinda like a Daniel Boon hat made of hair on top of my head.

Well at least now we can all chase the blunt hem line together.

Length
    15/14/35
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I don't know how my layers were cut, but now, almost 6 months since my last haircut, I STILL have layers as short as mid-ear! Unless they are new growth on my canopy that have reached ear length, I can only assume that they are that short due to breakage, since I have lots of roots showing which means they ARE growing. And I have BSL hair, so imagine how drastic the layers are. My buns forever have spikes sticking out of them and my braids disintegrate easily. GAH!

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    I last had my hair cut "professionally" 2 years ago and I STILL can't even do a cinnabun without bits sticking out everywhere. My braids are always fluffy too. I've trimmed my hair quite a bit since then (so much I've hardly gained any length lol) So the hemline's getting thicker. I think I have a few more years with these damn layers yet, unless I cut to shoulder length My hair grows really slowly anyway.

Me. I had my last real "professional" trim 1 year ago. Two years ago I had a chin-length bob that I layered heavily as it grew out. I always liked layers until I began wearing my hair up. I may actually keep some VERY long layers when i reach goal (like layers starting around BSL). I do HATE the taper in my braids, though.
    January 2012

Length
    21"/25/29
    Type
    2a/F/iii

All I can add is that I feel your pain - but be patient they will grow out - mine did. At least you're not growing out bangs!
    Last edited by atlantaz3; July 9th, 2010 at 04:20 PM.